Author Topic: Federer vs. Gicquel R3 highlights  (Read 2820 times)

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
Federer vs. Gicquel R3 highlights
« on: July 02, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?zsdjmwn020x

I will probably only do 3 or 4 more:
  • Federer vs. Ancic today (Federer's forehand looking good again!)
  • Murray vs. Gasquet
  • Final, maybe semifinal with Safin

If someone could help with one of these (besides the Murray match, I got dibs on that :)) ) that would be cool.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Re: Federer vs. Gicquel R3 highlights
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 02:57:52 PM »
fghzu, just wondering, are you a Murray fan? We need all of them we can get, Nadals tribe is smothering us. Just because of your av and you getting dibs on Murray match :)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 03:09:29 PM »
 :rofl_2: Murray will be fine, once his game starts speaking up and he gets a few wins against Nadal.. you won't see Nadal fans bashing everyone. It was pretty bad today though, straight sets pretty comfortable win for Nadal :( I was hoping Murray would take it in 3 or 4.

I got the Federer Ancic one! as soon as I get the match that is, I'll also do the Fed Safin one if its a good match  :)

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 03:40:14 PM »
:rofl_2: Murray will be fine, once his game starts speaking up and he gets a few wins against Nadal.. you won't see Nadal fans bashing everyone. It was pretty bad today though, straight sets pretty comfortable win for Nadal :( I was hoping Murray would take it in 3 or 4.

I got the Federer Ancic one! as soon as I get the match that is, I'll also do the Fed Safin one if its a good match  :)

Thank you Pawan!!!   :H   Didn't think I could handle all 4.  :insane: really makes you appreciate Erich's hard work and dedication!

fghzu, just wondering, are you a Murray fan? We need all of them we can get, Nadals tribe is smothering us. Just because of your av and you getting dibs on Murray match :)

heck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've been a fan since his 1st round against Santoro.  Just really impressed me!!  He's improved a lot since Paris 2007, last time I saw him play.  Loads of talent just waiting to be pieced together.

Offline sadi

• Tennis Addict
  • Poetry in motion
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »
thank you very much fgzhu88,looking forward the federer-ancic match highlights,thanks again.

Offline kirschbomb

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »
Thank you very much. We all appreciate your effort! Good work.

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 07:01:48 PM »
Thanks for the highlights, fgzhu88. Unfortunately, I have limited access to the Internet right now, so I haven't been able to make any highlights.  :\ And yes, one does come to realize that it does take time and dedication to make these highlights. Once again, thx for making these highlights  :)), and hopefully I'll have my connection running again.  :mad1:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:20:15 PM »
I will say this much. Erich must surely have some editing software that does the scenes. Like dmast talks about.. you see a timeline and all you need to do is a drag and drop "sections" of the timeline onto a new timeline. That's why I want to learn avid or even sony vegas.

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »
thank you all!!!

Actually for me making highlights takes just as long as watching the match live.  The problem is, I'm watching actual live tennis on espn & nbc as well, so I'm making highlights during commercial break.
I need to go outside :lol:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 10:48:23 AM »
thank you all!!!

Actually for me making highlights takes just as long as watching the match live.  The problem is, I'm watching actual live tennis on espn & nbc as well, so I'm making highlights during commercial break.
I need to go outside :lol:

tell me how you do this again, cuz I can't put down the markers in avidemux while watching (like I do in Solveig) and if you can't put the markers while watching then it definitely takes you longer than watching the match live right?  :confused1:

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
yeah, I now realize solveig's concept is more convinient.  and no, you can't place markers while playing but that's not too bad.  You just pause it really quick and hit [ or ].
However with this concept I have to rewatch every good point just to place the start marker at the applause.  And no audio is kind of a real pain. 

The only reason I still use it is because its accuracy and encoding powers.  Also, the fact that you can save the project as a 2 kb script file is quite nifty and space saving.

I wish they can work together and fuse avidemux/solveig and use solveig's editing concept, audio hearability but keep the above advantages of avidemux.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 12:53:39 PM by fgzhu88 »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 01:17:51 PM »

yeah, I now realize solveig's concept is more convinient.  and no, you can't place markers while playing but that's not too bad.  You just pause it really quick and hit [ or ].
However with this concept I have to rewatch every good point just to place the start marker at the applause.  And no audio is kind of a real pain. 

The only reason I still use it is because its accuracy and encoding powers.  Also, the fact that you can save the project as a 2 kb script file is quite nifty and space saving.

I wish they can work together and fuse avidemux/solveig and use solveig's editing concept, audio hearability but keep the above advantages of avidemux.

ah finally i got you to admit solveig's better  :)~ just kidding. yeah so in solveig i simply click the start marker at the beginning of each point while i am watching the match and if its a good points i simply press the end marker and add .. no need to rewatch the point or whatnot, you know. if its a bad point i just press the start marker again at the start of the next point.

the surprising thing is, i haven't found a single other program that does it like solveig  :confused1: Like seriously, shouldn't they have like "more sophisticated" software that does what solveig does and more? It seems to simple and straightforward and not a single other software does thi!?

I am learing avid now. i hope i don't give up half way through!

Dmast :cursing: you said you'd help me learn sony vegas and you never did! avid's similar non-linear editing softwarel, i am trying that because it seems to be well documented, and even some youtube videos. didn't see any for sony vegas.

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 11:45:41 PM »
fgzhu88, just to let you know, I am doing Federer vs. Hewitt highlights (although there wasn't that much to see, I was watching it anyways so I just did them). However, I am having problems joining  :Confused: always joining  :( the files together, so I don't know when I will finish. bleck.

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 11:04:35 AM »
^^ Thank you Xartiex!!  They have a played 21 matches h2h and definitely deserves a highlight.  I'm glad you and Pawan can help me out!!

Anyways doesn't virtual dub join avi's?  I'm on a mac and use visualhub but I'm sure virtual dub is the "windows" tool for joining.

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »
^^ Thank you Xartiex!!  They have a played 21 matches h2h and definitely deserves a highlight.  I'm glad you and Pawan can help me out!!

Anyways doesn't virtual dub join avi's?  I'm on a mac and use visualhub but I'm sure virtual dub is the "windows" tool for joining.

different audio sampling rates again  :ZZZZZ) well first I used Solveig and made 5 parts of highlights (so I don't risk losing all my work at once because Solveig freezes sometimes), then I ran them through vdub to make it all the same format. then I tried joining them and the "different audio sampling rates" prevents me from joining them together  :\. I tried using easy video joiner, but part of the video comes w/ sound out of sync. i'll give it a few more looks.

Offline fgzhu88

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 10:13:20 PM »
did you download this torrent: http://www.tennistorrents.com/details.php?id=1129

ups by Ringworm usually are complete unless noted otherwise, and the quality on these PDTV broadcasts are killer!!!

I'm not much help when it comes to joining diff formats, but did you use the same settings for encoding?  Such as same audio kbps, video fps, etc?

Offline xartiex

• Tennis God
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 12:28:54 AM »
did you download this torrent: http://www.tennistorrents.com/details.php?id=1129

ups by Ringworm usually are complete unless noted otherwise, and the quality on these PDTV broadcasts are killer!!!

I'm not much help when it comes to joining diff formats, but did you use the same settings for encoding?  Such as same audio kbps, video fps, etc?

yeah, they are all from the same file, and I encoded them in the same settings in vdub.