Author Topic: Australian Open TV Schedule...  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Australian Open TV Schedule...
« on: December 18, 2004, 12:31:02 PM »
Finally I will not have to ask DK for a TV schedule!

All times listed are Eastern Standard Time on ESPN2
Jan. 16 7:00pm-10:00pm
Jan. 17 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 17 10:30pm-1:30am
Jan. 18 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 18 11:00pm-2:00am
Jan. 19 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 19 10:00pm-1:30am
Jan. 20 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 20 11:00pm-2:00am
Jan. 21 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 21 11:00pm-2:30am
Jan. 22 12:00pm-2:00am
Jan. 22 10:00pm-1:00am
Jan. 23 12:00pm-2:00am
Jan. 23 7:00pm-10:00pm
Jan. 24 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 24 9:30-1:30am
Jan. 25 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 25 10:00pm-2:00am
Jan. 26 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 26 9:30pm-12:30am
Jan. 27 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 27 11:30pm-12:30am
Jan. 28 2:00pm-5:00pm
Jan. 28 9:30pm-11:00pm
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.atptennis.com
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 09:00:47 PM »
i hopoe they dont go from tennis to like baseball cause a match goes long.  that really pisses me off when they shoe a match adn teh last set i gotta go onlinea nd update the score every 10 seconds to see who wins.  anyone share my anxiety? :\
Mike

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 09:23:51 PM »
I always find the opposite (at least I think I know what you said)  I hate when they start showing matches late because a game of some sort was on before tennis and it ran long.  I have never seen them cut off a match for another show.  If they did I would go berserk!
Scott Baker

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 09:59:24 AM »
yeah i get that problem as well.  they wer showing sme match, davis cup last round this year, adn when it got to the end of teh fourth set, they went colledge basketball, cause it was the top of the hour.  the match was taped, but i would sitll have liked to see it played out.  that really pissed me off. tennis isnt valued, cause they think they can make more money advertising on celledge basketball.  its so damn annoying.  espn pays the moeny to establish the tennis contracts, and then messes up thier coverag es because its got things that aer more important.  the tennis cahnelle should have soul custody of showing tennis n tv, except for grand slam and master series finals and demifinals, thsoe should go on pulbic television so people without cable can watch.  agree,  desagree? ||-|
Mike

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 10:24:06 AM »
I would love for the tennis channel to be on regular cable so we can see.  If they would of cut off Sampras winning his 14th slam for some college basketball I would of done some kind of suicide bomber action with my car into the cable company.
Scott Baker

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 11:26:41 AM »
lol, youd go down as a hero in the tennis world.
Mike

Offline gary2414

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 12:48:19 PM »
When I looked at the Australian Open TV schedule your times for the mens finlals were not given.  Only up to the women's final on Friday night US time.  The men's finals will be at night in Australia which would make it 3:30 AM EST.  The only difference this year from past years is the Sunday night telecasts which go for three hours are shown  when play begins at 7:00 PM EST rather than have other sports first.  Other days the telecasts will start at various times of around 11:00 PM EST when they have other sports first like in the past.    However with the NHL probably shut down some telecasts might start earlier. I don't know if the NHL shutdown had been take into account yet.   One person thought the Davis Cup final was edited when the left it after four sets.  It was on tape and at the top of the hour.  That was not true.  It lasted only four sets.   In fact you could tell it was only going four sets because it was close to the top of the hour.  Also when the first match that was played in Sunday was shown you knew the US was going to lose because ESPN promised to show the deciding match.  The tennis channel needs  to have all the Davis Cup on if they can get into enough homes or at least allow one showing with the tennis channel live and ESPN doing the repeats.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 01:15:56 PM »
Good catch!

The AO is always hard for me to catch.  I am EST so matches start late for me.
Scott Baker

Offline gary2414

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 08:45:56 PM »
More information on the AO TV schedule.  I checked the ESPN2 and that is indeed correct.  ESPN2 will have all the coverage from Sunday night January 16  until Friday night of the women's final US time.  The men's semifinals and final will be played as a night match in Australia and would be seen here at 3:30 AM EST if it were live on Thursday, Friday, and Sunday mornings.  It will be live on the Spanish languange ESPN service in the US.  The English language does not list it live but only on tape.  However if it like in the past they may show any matche live that involve US players with a repeat at the last taped time.  However with the addition of the Spanish language service they may feel they no longer need to offer it live in the wee hours on ESPN2. Direct TV does have the Spanish language ESPN service if you subscribe to the Spanish language startions and have a multi satelite dish.  ESPN will show the men's final on tape.  ALso when I checked the ESPN2 listings for the AO time period they seem to assume there will be no NHL going on.  They have shows listed in all time slots with no NHL or to be announced.  The NHL had told teams on a rotating basis they can cancel game 45 days in advance and that would take you to early February.  However some of the times  listed to seem to have cheap trash or endless repeats of extreme sports.  They were probably supposed to be some of the NHL games that will not be played.  Other first run sports could pehaps take their place if they can get them signed up.  In fact ESPN2 has signed up this year for the World Junior Hockey championships that are played this year in Minnesota and North Dakota.  This was recently done and seems to be an NHL replacement game.  The first three will be December 25, 27, and 29.  Then any other games the US is envolved throught January 5 when the final is played.   To me it seems the NHL will probably not have a season at all because it looks like it will be early February before you would get any games and it seems it would seem to be to late for a meaningful season.  If that is the case them perhaps we can look forward to more night matches of the Masters Series from California and Florida.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 08:47:14 PM »
DAAAAAAAANG, you definetly do your research yo!

BTW, welcome to the boards!
Scott Baker