Author Topic: Knee injury  (Read 6276 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Knee injury
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 08:38:31 PM »
So, if the body stops naturally creating glucosamine at 30 or 40, then what are the side effects of putting it into your body at that time?   Also, taking glucosamine...............does it go to the joints or does it go around the body?   My understanding is that it is all about the fluids deteriorating in the joints themselves and that you actually need specific injections straight into the joint and not just into the whole body!? 

:dunno:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline The-Raw-Edge

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2008, 08:39:53 PM »
No idea, but I am gonna try "poppin' pills" before I go for any injections.

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
So, if the body stops naturally creating glucosamine at 30 or 40, then what are the side effects of putting it into your body at that time?   Also, taking glucosamine...............does it go to the joints or does it go around the body?   My understanding is that it is all about the fluids deteriorating in the joints themselves and that you actually need specific injections straight into the joint and not just into the whole body!? 

I've always wondered if the oral glucosamine actually gets to the joint as well OSU!  To my knowledge, there are no studies showing that it get absorbed from the intestines.  However, I think enough people have safely used it over the past 10 years that it is deemed safe and most likely effective (but to what degree exactly is unknown).  I would like to see proof that an oral dose is not completely broken down in the gut before it "gets to where it needs to go."
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 09:46:36 PM »
One more thing (as I out my pharmacy hat on) - There are several good clinical studies that have concluded glucosamine works, as well as a few that concluded that it is the same as placebo.  I always tell people that if it works for them, keep taking it!  It seems very safe.
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!