Author Topic: Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95 (anyone use it)  (Read 5198 times)

Offline The-Raw-Edge

• Tennis Enthusiast
Re: Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95 (anyone use it)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »
I have never tried REAL gut.  Should I have them string it at my normal tension??

You should string it the same as your normal synthetic gut set up, if you have one. If your normal set up is poly (Luxilon or Bablelot Hurricane Tour), you should string it a bit tighter.
Gut will feel much softer than and any string you've ever tried. To me it is worth the extra expense.
Of course that's because I string my own racquets, and I got a bunch of gut for free. :shiny:

I have heard that gut feels awesome.  Is it available in bulk spools??  I am going to buy a stringer by next week, so if its available cheap enough.....(I wish) then maybe it would be worth it.
Dude!  You are divin' right in tennis! :thumbs-up:
Both T4U and DMast are a wealth of info when it comes to gear so you've tuned in to the right place here. :)

I am that way with everything.  If I am gonna do something, I do it 100%.....even if I suck at it.   :scared:

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 05:40:56 PM »
Dmast is our equipment expert for sure.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 05:52:18 AM »
I have never tried REAL gut.  Should I have them string it at my normal tension??

You should string it the same as your normal synthetic gut set up, if you have one. If your normal set up is poly (Luxilon or Bablelot Hurricane Tour), you should string it a bit tighter.
Gut will feel much softer than and any string you've ever tried. To me it is worth the extra expense.
Of course that's because I string my own racquets, and I got a bunch of gut for free. :shiny:

I have heard that gut feels awesome.  Is it available in bulk spools??  I am going to buy a stringer by next week, so if its available cheap enough.....(I wish) then maybe it would be worth it.
Dude!  You are divin' right in tennis! :thumbs-up:
Both T4U and DMast are a wealth of info when it comes to gear so you've tuned in to the right place here. :)

I am that way with everything.  If I am gonna do something, I do it 100%.....even if I suck at it.   :scared:
Well then, if I were you I'd save up and wait to get a Prince/Ektelon stringer.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACPRINCE-NEOSUS.html

I think this is the best value out there in stringing machines if you're going to be stringing more than a few racquets a year and are willing to invest in your game.

I spent 5-600 on a stand up, 6pt mount, hand crank Eagnas and evertime I string up another racquet on it I regret not stepping up to the Ektelon. :(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 11:05:33 AM »
Dmast noted he didn't think Gut was sold in reels but even if it was you wouldn't want to buy a reel if you have never used it right? 

Offline The-Raw-Edge

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 11:35:10 AM »
Dmast noted he didn't think Gut was sold in reels but even if it was you wouldn't want to buy a reel if you have never used it right? 

No, I am sure that would be a HUGE investment.  I think I will stick with the cheaper stuff.  If I never try the gut, then I don't know what I am missing. :)~

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 02:16:27 PM »

No, I am sure that would be a HUGE investment.  I think I will stick with the cheaper stuff.  If I never try the gut, then I don't know what I am missing. :)~

So you are going to cut the natural gut out of the racquet you were buying?  :eek:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline The-Raw-Edge

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »

So you are going to cut the natural gut out of the racquet you were buying?  :eek:

No.....I am not sure I am buying it yet.  I have so many rackets right now I don't know what to do with them all.  But, I hate to let this deal go by.  But, if I do order it, I will definitely play the FREE natural gut in it.  :thumbs-up:

I guess I kinda conflicted myself by stating that "If I never try the gut, then I don't know what I am missing" because I would be a :Fool: if I didnt try out he FREE gut.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:16:01 PM by The-Raw-Edge »

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »
I would try free gut.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline The-Raw-Edge

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 07:26:52 PM »
Me too, but I think I am gonna put some time in with the rackets I have before buying any more.