Author Topic: 2 tips for begginers  (Read 3422 times)

Offline hellothere

• Tennis Enthusiast
2 tips for begginers
« on: July 16, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »
when you hit the ball, always hit it through with a good follow through, make sure it is smooth and flows well

when you recieve a ball, always take small steps and adjust urself

when u serve lean forward

once i started doing these, i played a lot better

:)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>>

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
Re: 2 tips for begginers
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 06:32:19 PM »
I read an article that offered good advice: imaging you get paid 1 dollar for every step.  You'll be moving those lazy feet in no time.    :rofl_2:
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Adyork

• Tennis Player
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:57:43 AM »
I read an article that offered good advice: imaging you get paid 1 dollar for every step.  You'll be moving those lazy feet in no time.    :rofl_2:

Lol. Not a bad idea. On a side note.. WHO is that in your avatar? WOW.  :))

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 08:13:50 AM »

Oh, that's my wife.   

No, seriously, she is Allison Stokke, an infamously attractive college pole vaulter from California.  She apparently does not like all the attention she receives for being so attractive.  Morally I should not be using her image since she does not like the attention, but, what the heck. 
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 08:15:21 AM »

Oh, that's my wife.   

No, seriously, she is Allison Stokke, an infamously attractive college pole vaulter from California.  She apparently does not like all the attention she receives for being so attractive.  Morally I should not be using her image since she does not like the attention, but, what the heck. 

Dude...  Keep the avatar.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Adyork

• Tennis Player
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:25:39 AM »

Oh, that's my wife.   

I second that.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:36:56 PM »

Oh, that's my wife.   

I second that.

I third that. Scott'll kick you out if you change that avatar, he swore he would!  :king:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 12:00:10 PM »

Oh, that's my wife.   

If she doesn't want all the attention, then she shouldn't look that good, and wear such sexy clothes, and stand like that! 

Offline djinni9

• Tennis Player
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 06:22:53 PM »
when you hit the ball, always hit it through with a good follow through, make sure it is smooth and flows well

when you recieve a ball, always take small steps and adjust urself

when u serve lean forward

once i started doing these, i played a lot better

:)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>> :)>>>>

"when u serve lean forward"
-bad idea. unless you meant lean forward as you're about to make contact with the ball; or at least, just after contact on the follow through. anyway, might be too hard to describe to a beginner
-a great example is mcenroe; note how far inside the court he is when he makes contact.

Offline Howie1129

• New Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 07:18:12 PM »
I actually found a great article for beginners that gets into how to improve your serve in 3 steps...not sure if this will help, but here's the link to the article:

The article is at newbielink:http://www.howtoservetennis.ruqqa.com [nonactive]

Enjoy and let me know if this helped...if I find anything else I'll post it here. :)

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 07:19:46 PM »
Thanks Howie.  I got your email as well.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline davidfield375

• New Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 05:39:18 AM »
I was just about to ask about tennis, but after reading the forum posts I suddenly found myself distracted by one of the pictures. I'm sure I don't need to tell you which one#! Also found what I needed to know from on of the posts so no need to ask :p
I love online betting, especially when I win!

Offline w4tt4n4b3

• Tennis Player
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 01:22:43 PM »
I am used to perform a small jump when hitting the ball during my serve... I was told that you lose power when you do so. And it is advised at least in the beginning that you should learn to serve without that small jump. When you develop your technique and find some strength in your serve then you can give it a try with the jump.

Offline hollyqie1984

• Tennis Enthusiast
  • my car my dream
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 02:06:08 AM »

how is a good follow through??

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:07:12 AM by hollyqie1984 »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 06:33:22 PM »
I am used to perform a small jump when hitting the ball during my serve... I was told that you lose power when you do so. And it is advised at least in the beginning that you should learn to serve without that small jump. When you develop your technique and find some strength in your serve then you can give it a try with the jump.

Any jumping being done should be a result of leg drive, not the reason for leg drive.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline TheEternalCowboy

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 08:04:25 PM »

Oh, that's my wife.   

I think she was in high school when that picture was taken, so we should all REALLY feel like dirty old men now.

Offline Jackie Stephens

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 08:43:54 PM »
To simple.. not enough tips nor enough to be said.
I am the Roger Federer of Tennis...

Offline mypasswordstrength

• Tennis Player
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »

Oh, that's my wife.   

She's hot!! Can't take my eyes of her when posting  :))