Poll

Who's your favorite player in the top ten?

Federer
7 (22.6%)
Nadal
11 (35.5%)
Djokovic
2 (6.5%)
Davydenko
1 (3.2%)
Ferrer
2 (6.5%)
Roddick
3 (9.7%)
Nalbandian
0 (0%)
Blake
2 (6.5%)
Murray
2 (6.5%)
Wawrinka
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Favorite Top Tenner (ATP)  (Read 13940 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Favorite Top Tenner (ATP)
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »
I voted for Rafa  :) Yes I am British and perhaps should have voted for Murray, but I have many doubts over him, his game, attitude and coaching  :))

So I am very proud to vote for Rafa (very mature guy, with the correct people behind him)  ;-()

All the cr@p about his taking his time, rituals,  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2: Brilliant I love they piss you off  :)
Rules are there for a reason girl. :whistle:

What other rules should we bend for 'da playas? :confused1:

I'd vote for giving Maria a set and 3/0 lead at the beginning of each match  :innocent:

..-)   Not even Dallas would type that for Fed!   ..-)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
I voted for Rafa  :) Yes I am British and perhaps should have voted for Murray, but I have many doubts over him, his game, attitude and coaching  :))

So I am very proud to vote for Rafa (very mature guy, with the correct people behind him)  ;-()

All the cr@p about his taking his time, rituals,  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2: Brilliant I love they piss you off  :)

I'd vote for giving Maria a set and 3/0 lead at the beginning of each match  :innocent:

Not bothered as long as it gets pushed through  :)~
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 02:51:32 PM »

I sure wouldn't!  I'd go for a first set 5-0 for Roger! :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »
2 of a kind me Dallas and I  :) You can never criticise for not backing our guy/gal all the way  :))

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2008, 04:25:13 PM »
2 of a kind me Dallas and I  :) You can never criticise for not backing our guy/gal all the way  :))

:thumbs-up:

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2008, 07:08:56 PM »
Is nice to check how things have evolved through this forum. Only a year and a half back Rafa would have 0 votes, Roger 27, Roddick 3 and Murray 2 or so. Needless to say who I did vote for

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2008, 12:35:36 AM »
Is nice to check how things have evolved through this forum. Only a year and a half back Rafa would have 0 votes, Roger 27, Roddick 3 and Murray 2 or so. Needless to say who I did vote for

:rofl_2: That's pretty much spot on and would have been the same 3 years ago as well, although maybe then Rafa might have had either 1 or 2 votes with Roger having 27.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »

go back to your post:
----
 Rafa makes every opponent wait for him at every opportunity. 

1.  Coming out of the locker room.
2.  At the coin toss.
3.  Both serving and returning.
4.  During change overs.

The only real problem is #3 because it is a time violation.
----
nothing except 3-4 seconds of time violation, wow!!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »

Yes she would, and did.  ..-)

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »

go back to your post:
----

2.  At the coin toss.
4.  During change overs.

----

And the rest is annoying as hell. Cahil said the tournaments routinely tell Nadal he's up like 15 minutes early, and he is still always running it to the bone, or late.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2008, 01:06:04 AM »
It's the before match routine that annoys me, they're meant to come out of the tunnels together, but instead Nadal pretends he's forgotten something, holds back, and comes out after to get his own applause.

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2008, 01:21:32 AM »
It's the before match routine that annoys me, they're meant to come out of the tunnels together, but instead Nadal pretends he's forgotten something, holds back, and comes out after to get his own applause.

I think you are reading a bit too much into it. Have you heard that he does that, or just making assumptions? He's extremely meticulous about everything he does in preperation for a match. He has many superstitions that he must assuage before he will leave the locker room, and before he will walk out on court ect... Federer is very meticulous too. That's what makes them great tennis players.
I seriously doubt it's about getting his own applause. That's for Hollywood stars and people who can't stand being out of the news for one second. I've never gotten that impression about Nadal.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2008, 01:25:53 AM »

I think you are reading a bit too much into it. Have you heard that he does that, or just making assumptions? He's extremely meticulous about everything he does in preperation for a match. He has many superstitions that he must assuage before he will leave the locker room, and before he will walk out on court ect... Federer is very meticulous too. That's what makes them great tennis players.
I seriously doubt it's about getting his own applause. That's for Hollywood stars and people who can't stand being out of the news for one second. I've never gotten that impression about Nadal.

I don't think it's what he'd do, but there is a kind of mental psyching kind of thing going on with Nadal. And in answer to first question, I've heard he does that and seen it once or twice. Maybe it's just nerves about playing, who knows?

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2008, 08:43:36 AM »

go back to your post:
----

2.  At the coin toss.
4.  During change overs.

----

Hey if everybody stalled like that, watching tennis would be like watching a chess match!!!!   :ZZZZZ)     WOW!!!    :rofl_2:

Abide by the rules, that's all I ask.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2008, 08:48:31 AM »

I don't think it's what he'd do, but there is a kind of mental psyching kind of thing going on with Nadal. And in answer to first question, I've heard he does that and seen it once or twice. Maybe it's just nerves about playing, who knows?
For me that's the paradox.  On all other counts Rafa seems to be a wonderful character.  But it appears that the little head games he plays are not a product of his obsessions but are indeed gamesmanship to the Nth degree.  I don't think he has any interest in applause only in winning matches.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2008, 03:53:50 PM »
You know Nadal has never been my favorite, but I do respect what he has done for the game and actually, with his more aggressive style, I like watching him more now than I did earlier in his career.  The part where he makes people wait on him for the coin toss doesn't bother me; the part where he lines up his bottles just so...doesn't bother me; the part where he picks his...well you know..that doesn't bother me.

The only thing that just irks me that Nadal does - and for the life of me I don't know why... but the only part that I hate watching is after they've tossed the coin and get ready for warm-ups, he springs zigzag back to the end of the court before warm-up!  That irks the .... out of me!  Don't know why!

So...if that's the only thing I can think of that irks me in regards to Nadal...then I'd say we have a capable young man taking over the top spot in tennis from my man. ;-()

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2008, 06:12:48 PM »
Interesting that now that Rafa's winning, he seems to have more fans.  :confused1:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2008, 06:17:34 PM »
Interesting that now that Rafa's winning, he seems to have more fans.  :confused1:
He does have more fans here. That's my impression.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2008, 06:36:57 PM »

That's fine.  Everyone can have their favorites.  I just had a problem with a couple of them who have toned it down some.  And not with them praising Nadal.  That's fine.  I just hated to see them tear down other players.  For most of the Nadal fans here...they are fantastic posters and valuable members of our family! :))

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2008, 02:45:49 AM »

That's fine.  Everyone can have their favorites.  I just had a problem with a couple of them who have toned it down some.  And not with them praising Nadal.  That's fine.  I just hated to see them tear down other players.  For most of the Nadal fans here...they are fantastic posters and valuable members of our family! :))
:kisses:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason