Poll

Who's your favorite player in the top ten?

Federer
7 (21.9%)
Nadal
12 (37.5%)
Djokovic
2 (6.3%)
Davydenko
1 (3.1%)
Ferrer
2 (6.3%)
Roddick
3 (9.4%)
Nalbandian
0 (0%)
Blake
2 (6.3%)
Murray
2 (6.3%)
Wawrinka
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Favorite Top Tenner (ATP)  (Read 14387 times)

Online monstertruck

• Tennis God
Re: Favorite Top Tenner (ATP)
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2008, 06:45:03 AM »
You know Nadal has never been my favorite, but I do respect what he has done for the game and actually, with his more aggressive style, I like watching him more now than I did earlier in his career.  The part where he makes people wait on him for the coin toss doesn't bother me; the part where he lines up his bottles just so...doesn't bother me; the part where he picks his...well you know..that doesn't bother me.

The only thing that just irks me that Nadal does - and for the life of me I don't know why... but the only part that I hate watching is after they've tossed the coin and get ready for warm-ups, he springs zigzag back to the end of the court before warm-up!  That irks the .... out of me!  Don't know why!

So...if that's the only thing I can think of that irks me in regards to Nadal...then I'd say we have a capable young man taking over the top spot in tennis from my man. ;-()
I love the zig-zag!!!  It's spicy! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2008, 12:49:24 PM »
You know Nadal has never been my favorite, but I do respect what he has done for the game and actually, with his more aggressive style, I like watching him more now than I did earlier in his career.  The part where he makes people wait on him for the coin toss doesn't bother me; the part where he lines up his bottles just so...doesn't bother me; the part where he picks his...well you know..that doesn't bother me.

The only thing that just irks me that Nadal does - and for the life of me I don't know why... but the only part that I hate watching is after they've tossed the coin and get ready for warm-ups, he springs zigzag back to the end of the court before warm-up!  That irks the .... out of me!  Don't know why!

So...if that's the only thing I can think of that irks me in regards to Nadal...then I'd say we have a capable young man taking over the top spot in tennis from my man. ;-()

I LOVE that serpentine run -- I WAIT for it and if, for some reason, it doesn't get shown, I'm disappointed!!   :rofl_2:  It gets some applause from the fans as well, which may be why he continues to do it. The biting of the trophy when he wins... pretty silly as far as I'm concerned but there are people out there who wait to see him bite the trophy and love it.

:confused1:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »

I LOVE that serpentine run -- I WAIT for it and if, for some reason, it doesn't get shown, I'm disappointed!!   :rofl_2:  It gets some applause from the fans as well, which may be why he continues to do it. The biting of the trophy when he wins... pretty silly as far as I'm concerned but there are people out there who wait to see him bite the trophy and love it.

And that is what makes tennis exciting.  What works for one fan may not for the other and vice versa... so it's all good! :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2008, 01:55:18 PM »
The biting of the trophy when he wins... pretty silly as far as I'm concerned but there are people out there who wait to see him bite the trophy and love it.

to bite the trophy is a tradition in Spain by some athletes. Rafa was congratulated some months ago by the Spanish dentists associstion because he has perfect teeths.
btw, yesterday the most important poll in 5 years was released in Spain about the Spaniards most admired and loved and also the most hated,
top 10, most admired:
1 Iker Casillas, captain of national football team, gk of real madrid
2 Queen Sofia
3 King Juan Carlos
4 Rafa
5 Prince Felipe
6 Fernando Alonso, f1 champion twice
7 Placido Domingo, opera singer
8 Pau Gasol, la lakers player
9 Montserrrat Caballe, opera singer
10 Concha Velasco, actress.
as you can see Rafa beats the future king...and he is beaten only by the king, the quuen and a soccer player who is called the saint in this deeply catholic country.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »
The biting of the trophy when he wins... pretty silly as far as I'm concerned but there are people out there who wait to see him bite the trophy and love it.

to bite the trophy is a tradition in Spain by some athletes. Rafa was congratulated some months ago by the Spanish dentists associstion because he has perfect teeths.
btw, yesterday the most important poll in 5 years was released in Spain about the Spaniards most admired and loved and also the most hated,
top 10, most admired:
2 Queen Sofia
3 King Juan Carlos
4 Rafa
5 Prince Felipe
as you can see Rafa beats the future king...and he is beaten only by the king, the quuen and a soccer player who is called the saint in this deeply catholic country.

No Raul at all- I'd have definitely thought he'd have made it into the top 10. Maybe a poll in Madrid would allow him to be the number 1  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2008, 02:16:50 PM »

top 10, most admired:
2 Queen Sofia
3 King Juan Carlos
4 Rafa
5 Prince Felipe

No Raul at all- I'd have definitely thought he'd have made it into the top 10. Maybe a poll in Madrid would allow him to be the number 1  :)
Raul was 8th in 2003 and this time he was only 16th, not playing the euro cup hurt his chances to be better ranked but he was always classy about not going to be in the squad and he never protested, very humble, he is the real madrid captain. it's great to see some fantastic players are very down to earth...Zidane was another great example of a great star that never forget his humble beginnings...some other football stars are the opposite, dont need to say names, you know the players.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
I'm interested in the most hated conchita, what's the source?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »
el mundo
1. julian muņoz
2. ana garcia obregon
3. paquirrin
4. la pantoja
5. belen esteban
and I cant remember more! 

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2008, 09:03:54 PM »
el mundo
1. julian muņoz
2. ana garcia obregon
3. paquirrin
4. la pantoja
5. belen esteban
and I cant remember more! 
enough!!  :rofl_2: :hysterical:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2008, 03:29:30 AM »
Lol, where was the El Chiki Chiki guy!?!?!?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2008, 04:25:09 PM »
he was not on the lists MF!  :) only top 20 most admired and most hated and Chiki Chiki was not really famous.

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2008, 07:14:47 PM »
he was not on the lists MF!  :) only top 20 most admired and most hated and Chiki Chiki was not really famous.
please more respect to the great Rodolfo Chikilicuatre :rim shot:

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2008, 03:02:41 AM »
Lol, I know he would've got my vote :))

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2008, 06:08:46 AM »
What happened to all the Murray fans here,Andy has 2 votes.One will be from me the other from Murrayfan.Come on Murray fans,i know there more than 2 of us on this board,get your votes. :whistle:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2008, 11:50:43 AM »
No, I think you two are the only Murray fans. :))