Author Topic: Rogers Cup: Pick 'em competition  (Read 18977 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: Rogers Cup: Pick 'em competition
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2008, 12:07:15 PM »
Nadal
Nestor/Zimonjic

Sid I actually feel pretty bad for you as that pick was right of Nestor/Zimonjic but you were an hour and 10 minutes late so its not going to count  :( It finished 5 minutes after you'd made your picks so you'll only have Rafa for this round.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »
Has Borovnia not put up my picks? I actually also sent him a PM with my picks as Nestor/Zimonjic and Nadal, hopefully he can clarify when he's online. So sorry sid, but it looks like I'll be overtaking and getting runner-up here as well.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2008, 12:19:41 PM »
Has Borovnia not put up my picks? I actually also sent him a PM with my picks as Nestor/Zimonjic and Nadal, hopefully he can clarify when he's online. So sorry sid, but it looks like I'll be overtaking and getting runner-up here as well.

Thats great then if you've gone with Rafa too Murrayfan as that means I've won the title here :yahoo: as I went with Rafa but the Bryan bro's so overall you'll take 2nd with Sid in 3rd, and I'll take back to back titles  :)

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »

Thats great then if you've gone with Rafa too Murrayfan as that means I've won the title here :yahoo: as I went with Rafa but the Bryan bro's so overall you'll take 2nd with Sid in 3rd, and I'll take back to back titles  :)

And I'll take back-to-back runner-ups for the week anyway in here and in FTA. Pleased with both.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2008, 12:25:26 PM »

And I'll take back-to-back runner-ups for the week anyway in here and in FTA. Pleased with both.

lol we've both had a very good week then Murrayfan in Pick ems and Fantasy Tennis  :))

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »
Nadal
Nestor/Zimonjic

Sid I actually feel pretty bad for you as that pick was right of Nestor/Zimonjic but you were an hour and 10 minutes late so its not going to count  :( It finished 5 minutes after you'd made your picks so you'll only have Rafa for this round.

Hi Chirs that fine on the tennis,as iv had a great day fishing with my friend.We went out this morning @ 4.30 am,@ least im back to see the mens singles final. :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2008, 12:46:48 PM »
Nadal
Nestor/Zimonjic

Hi Chirs that fine on the tennis,as iv had a great day fishing with my friend.We went out this morning @ 4.30 am,@ least im back to see the mens singles final. :)

Sounds excellent Sid with the fishing as I know how much you love that- you were certainly up early to do it  :) That's something I've never ever tired in my life- fishing. Yeah its good you get to see the Mens Final here and I'm sure you'll be challenging once again in Cincinnati this coming week  :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2008, 12:52:14 PM »
Nadal
Nestor/Zimonjic

Sounds excellent Sid with the fishing as I know how much you love that- you were certainly up early to do it  :) That's something I've never ever tired in my life- fishing. Yeah its good you get to see the Mens Final here and I'm sure you'll be challenging once again in Cincinnati this coming week  :)

Hi Chris i be in for Cincinaiti,i have 2 look for the Interboard after final & get my picks in.LOL can i have a good run in that one for once for our board :scared:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2008, 02:28:25 PM »
Nadal
Nestor/Zimonjic

Hi Chris i be in for Cincinaiti,i have 2 look for the Interboard after final & get my picks in.LOL can i have a good run in that one for once for our board :scared:

Yeah you're always very good in the Pick ems so now surely you have got to have a good interboard challenge as well- maybe Cincinnati will be a turn of fortunes in that game for you  :)

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »
Final leaderboard:

Chris1987   61    :first-place:
Murrayfan11   59
sid   58
Borovnia   50
retro   46
Dallas   46
Tennis4You   42
BGT   39
Somil   36
NJTennis11   22
conchita   12
shankar21   7
kickserve   6

congrats Chris, you're on fire!!!  :applause: Good performance as well Murrayfan and sid!!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 02:51:01 PM by Borovnia »

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2008, 02:52:01 PM »
by the way, even it was just one round, nice to see you back kickserve!! :welcome2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2008, 02:58:49 PM »
Final leaderboard:

Murrayfan11   59
sid   58
Borovnia   50
retro   46
Dallas   46
Tennis4You   42
BGT   39
Somil   36
NJTennis11   22
conchita   12
shankar21   7
kickserve   6

congrats Chris, you're on fire!!!  :applause: Good performance as well Murrayfan and sid!!

That looks very sweet to me :yahoo: :grind dance: thanks very much for being so quick doing this each day Borovnia and for the congratulations  :) Strange how I had so many near misses in the first 7 events and now I've won 2 on the bounce at Wimby and then here in Toronto, I'd like to make that a treble now in Cincy  :)) Also excellent ranking points for the standings! If Kick doesn't want to update the Yearly rankings during the next couple of days then I'll add the Toronto points on instead.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2008, 03:37:06 PM »
Congratulations Chris on you win,& congratulations Murrayfan on piping me into second :)) its all been good fun :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2008, 03:40:24 PM »
Congratulations Chris on you win,& congratulations Murrayfan on piping me into second :)) its all been good fun :)

Thanks a lot Sid  :) Its been an excellent competition and such a close one- espect the same in Cincy I think  :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
Final leaderboard:

Murrayfan11   59
sid   58
Borovnia   50
retro   46
Dallas   46
Tennis4You   42
BGT   39
Somil   36
NJTennis11   22
conchita   12
shankar21   7
kickserve   6

Chris is the "Nadal" of 2008!  Congrats!!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
Final leaderboard:

Murrayfan11   59
sid   58
Borovnia   50
retro   46
Dallas   46
Tennis4You   42
BGT   39
Somil   36
NJTennis11   22
conchita   12
shankar21   7
kickserve   6

Chris is the "Nadal" of 2008!  Congrats!!!!

Thanks Dallas  :) I'll gladly take that title as well  :))

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2008, 02:16:49 AM »
Nice one Chris, you're doing really well this year and I'd just like to remind myself that if I'd gone with head over heart in Rafa vs. Murray, I would've got this title.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: July 28, 2008, 05:29:04 AM »
Congrats Chris!  :) well done as always!  :cool:
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2008, 01:24:55 PM »
Nice one Chris, you're doing really well this year and I'd just like to remind myself that if I'd gone with head over heart in Rafa vs. Murray, I would've got this title.

Thanks Murrayfan  :) Yeah that was a key match in this one for sure. Rafa has won me 2 titles now in a row so he really is my man when it comes to this  :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2008, 01:25:35 PM »
Congrats Chris!  :) well done as always!  :cool:

Thanks Conchita  :) After having so many near misses in this game I get 2 in a row  :))