Author Topic: Balls  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Fox

• Tennis Player
Balls
« on: July 24, 2008, 10:39:42 AM »
I have been reading a few articles

and i few players are saying that they have to get use to the different ball  ;-()

E.g. Q. Talk about part of Simon's game that was the most troubling to you or just the most difficult to play against tonight.
ROGER FEDERER: No, I think the problem was my game today, you know. I had everything to really put him away. I didn't think I served well today at all. It's tough. Different balls than at Wimbledon.
I was serving 70% in Wimbledon and here I'm serving 50%. Can't serve any aces, so it's just a different type of the match.

My question is what is the difference between tennis balls and if there is a difference what tennis balls can you get? :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Balls
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
If this s**t is true then it could answer some pretty big questions. 

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »
Hey, that adds another excuse to my already long list (sore back, tired, arm hurts, guy was a pusher, thinking about work, arguing with the wife, too windy, strings too loose, strings too tight, used a backup racquet, did not like the court, sun in eyes, bug got in my way, sneakers just not right, hangnail, hangover, ate too much, food was toxic, took a Benadryl, people on next court were too lound, saw a pretty girl and got distracted, too cold out, too hot out, not enough sleep, too much sleep...etc). 

When I lose, there is always a reason...  It was the balls!
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Fox

• Tennis Player
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 03:47:16 PM »
o right...

thanks for that lol

i just thought there were different balls for different kind of courts lol :rofl_2:

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 03:51:38 PM »
o right...

thanks for that lol

i just thought there were different balls for different kind of courts lol :rofl_2:

Yea...there are different types of balls.  Some are heavy, others are light.  Some are meant for clay, others for grass.  Even with hardcourts, some for indoor, some for outdoor.  Like the commercial says, "the balls matter."   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 03:52:10 PM by jeffrx »
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 04:21:54 PM »
They do use different balls for clay and grass than they do on hard courts. The hard court balls are wound tighter so they won't fuzz up as quickly as the clay/grass balls. So they are a bit faster.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 07:42:24 PM »
If they are faster than Fed should hit more aces, not less.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com