Author Topic: THE Stanislas Wawrinka THREAD (pictures and other stuffs...about Wawri )  (Read 25732 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
I will start this thread because of his achievements lately..The guy deserved that !  ;-()
So anyway   :welcome2: Stanislas to the tennis4you forums !  :))
I hope that will be time to start Kohli thread but he has to justify it in right way  ;-()

Past result in Toronto:
1round: def. Bolelli  6-4 7-6(4)
2round: def. Safin  6-3  6-4
Next one: vs A.Murray on Grandstand after Simon vs Acasuso match...
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Stan's definitely a player with plenty of fans on here and has had some great achievements. If he wasn't playing Murray next I may root for him ,but come on Murray!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yeah that could suck sometimes...I really like Andy as you know I do...but again as long as he doesn't play (as Dallas would say) my guys...
So Wawri had to play player that I usually like(Marat) but that's tennis...So I had to root for Stan...
Good luck on this one Murrayfan,but it will be difficult one,and great to watch !

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
Just last year, I saw him at the US Open and was like "I can't believe I'm watching THIS GUY, I should be watching the good players!"   

My, how things have changed....
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Thanks for starting his thread!  He's a top 10er now... so yes, he deserves his thread!  I'll help get it up-to-speed as well by posting things here as I like Stan too! :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Thanks for starting his thread!  He's a top 10er now... so yes, he deserves his thread!  I'll help get it up-to-speed as well by posting things here as I like Stan too! :))

I know you are  ;-()

Anyway Wawri showed good tennis today,wining 6-0 set against A.Murray before losing it 2-6 6-0 6-4...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
                           Murray through after thriller

Andy Murray came through a topsy-turvy clash against Stanislas Wawrinka at the Rogers Cup in Toronto to set up a quarter-final meeting with Novak Djokovic.

The British number one seemed to be cruising when he took the first set, but Wawrinka stormed back in the second before Murray ground out a 6-2 0-6 6-4 victory.

However, the Scot will need to play better if he is to upset defending champion Djokovic, who has beaten his good friend five times in succession - with Murray winning only 10 games in their last three meetings.

Wawrinka was certainly not on top form at the start of the match and quickly found himself two breaks down as Murray established a 3-0 lead.

Murray swiftly made it 4-0 and the reason for the ninth seed's poor start became clearer when he received lengthy treatment to his right knee. Wawrinka was fit enough to resume and finally broke his duck in the fifth game, although not without a struggle as Murray's faultless retrieving clearly rattled him.

The Swiss at least made Murray serve out the set, but that proved no problem for the 21-year-old.

But Murray suddenly struggled with the wind and Wawrinka's powerful groundstrokes and attacking game were suddenly working well and he replicated what his opponent had achieved in the opening set by clinching a double break.

Murray was left wondering where it had all gone wrong and a lacklustre game allowed Wawrinka to wrap up a love set.

The Swiss made it seven games in a row at the start of the decider, although Murray at least made him work hard for it. The British number one still looked out of sorts mentally and needed to save two break points before finally ending his losing run.

By now, both men were playing steadily and the match was nip and tuck. But the errors returned to Wawrinka's game in the crucial seventh game and Murray moved a break ahead. That proved to be the fillip the Scot needed and he served out the match to love.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Well, he loss...but I'm still happy he has his thread.  I'll have to find things to put here when I get home from work!

Maybe Roger and Stan can do something in the doubles...

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Yep,as I can see the rain has stopped and the dryers are on the court,maybe they will play their match tonight...Anyway they will play after Ancic doubles game on Court 1 against Dlouhy/Paes..They should win this one..

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
They lost it  :( And it seems easily 6-4  6-4,but I don' care for doubles so much  ;-() Stan,Roger see you in Cincy next week!  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
They lost it  :( And it seems easily 6-4  6-4,but I don' care for doubles so much  ;-() Stan,Roger see you in Cincy next week!  ;-()

That's my thinking too! ;-()

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>

I know you are  ;-()

Anyway Wawri showed good tennis today,wining 6-0 set against A.Murray before losing it 2-6 6-0 6-4...

Both of them played good tennis, it's just Stan played better in the 2nd set and Andy did in the other ones. Andy was hitting the ball all over the place in the 2nd, shocking, but credit to Stan for taking advantage. Murray lost in doubles too, but at least he's got singles. Sorry about your boys loss but I'm very pleased :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!

I know you are  ;-()

Both of them played good tennis, it's just Stan played better in the 2nd set and Andy did in the other ones. Andy was hitting the ball all over the place in the 2nd, shocking, but credit to Stan for taking advantage. Murray lost in doubles too, but at least he's got singles. Sorry about your boys loss but I'm very pleased :))

Yeah,thanks for good words  ;-() I was just enjoying good tennis last night,so I am not to sad about it,after all Wawri did good and now lookin' forward for draw on Cincy witch will be today if I am right...
So congrats to Andy...

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Taken for Andy Murray match:

And more to come soon  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Guess I need to start posting some in Stan's thread:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Wow !  :lmao: Probably the best I have ever seen ! Cosmic !  :thumbs-up:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
More pictures:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Seems like they had some fun during this Toronto... ;-()  They should stick together...
Happy to have replacement once when Tommy retires  :(  :Confused:   :ZZZZZ)

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Some of Stan:

[youtube]
[/youtube]