Author Topic: THE Stanislas Wawrinka THREAD (pictures and other stuffs...about Wawri )  (Read 29951 times)

Offline ovg

• Tennis God
Re: THE Stanislas Wawrinka THREAD (pictures and other stuffs...about Wawri )
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2008, 06:36:08 PM »
Is this the subject for a pm? I sure do like him!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2008, 06:42:50 PM »
Is this the subject for a pm? I sure do like him!

We can talk about Stan in his thread. I'm a fan, as well as Lugburz so if we have another "Stan" fan... that's great!

Of course Roger is my #1 but I also like Stan, Blake, Gonzo, and Boletti.  It's ok to have favorites! I'm glad to have you aboard as another Stan fan! :))

Offline ovg

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2008, 06:46:04 PM »
Love Stan - got really into him this year. That's why I was so glad to see him practice on Sunday in Cincy. I had so much wanted to see him play in person, which is quite different than on tv. I also like Gonzo and I was super impressed with Simone Bolelli after seeing him play this year (singles and doubles on the same day). Mostly I focus on guys outside the top 10 and don't follow any Americans.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »
Love Stan - got really into him this year. That's why I was so glad to see him practice on Sunday in Cincy. I had so much wanted to see him play in person, which is quite different than on tv. I also like Gonzo and I was super impressed with Simone Bolelli after seeing him play this year (singles and doubles on the same day). Mostly I focus on guys outside the top 10 and don't follow any Americans.

Well, we're in agreement with those 3 players!  Great! I'll be cheering for  my other 2 though (Federer and Blake)... 2 that you don't care for.  But that's fine!  ;-()

Offline ovg

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2008, 08:32:30 PM »
I like Fed and Blake just fine, I just don't really follow them. If they're playing and it's not against one of "my" players, I root for them.
I think Fed is a really classy guy. JB, not so sure - sometimes yes, sometimes no (like all of us maybe) and I sure wish he get his dreads back.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2008, 08:35:24 PM »
I like Fed and Blake just fine, I just don't really follow them. If they're playing and it's not against one of "my" players, I root for them.
I think Fed is a really classy guy. JB, not so sure - sometimes yes, sometimes no (like all of us maybe) and I sure wish he get his dreads back.

He will be retired if he do so  :insane:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline ovg

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2008, 08:38:37 PM »
Oh I see you don't care for them! Super sexy in my book.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2008, 08:41:16 PM »
Them? You mean Fed and Blake ?

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2008, 12:52:30 AM »
This is a cute picture.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2008, 03:55:50 AM »
This is a cute picture.

Haha,perfect  ;-()  C'mon Stan !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline ovg

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2008, 07:09:38 AM »
No, the dreads. As much as I might admire Roger as tennis player, I just have zero thoughts about him in the hot department. He just doesn't project that kind of energy to me. I know many other do not share my opinion, but sometimes I wonder if it's a bit like Andy Roddick once said "the better I play, the better looking I seem to become!"
Such a cute picture of Stan and Roger together. He/they seem to be having a great time together. Stan has a cute smile.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2008, 07:14:10 AM »
No, the dreads. As much as I might admire Roger as tennis player, I just have zero thoughts about him in the hot department. He just doesn't project that kind of energy to me. I know many other do not share my opinion, but sometimes I wonder if it's a bit like Andy Roddick once said "the better I play, the better looking I seem to become!"
Such a cute picture of Stan and Roger together. He/they seem to be having a great time together. Stan has a cute smile.

Oh there you go..the dreads...I don't like that at all  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2008, 05:48:03 AM »
Dancevic ousted from Olympics
Canadian tennis hopeful loses to Wawrinka in three sets

Frank Dancevicís whirlwind tour of Beijing is over, just four days after he arrived as a last-minute replacement in the menís singles tennis draw.

The Niagara Falls tennis star and Canadaís top-ranked menís singles player lost his first-round Olympic match Monday.

Ninth-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland defeated the 23-year-old Canadian in three sets. Wawrinka, also 23, won the match 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, according to live scoring from the International Tennis Federationís website. The sportís governing body is the organizer of the tennis tournament at the 2008 games.

Wawrinka and Dancevic, ranked 114 in the ATP's standings, played nearly two hours, starting at 1:30 p.m., on court 8 at the Olympic Tennis Centre in Beijing.

Dancevic won the first set. He and Wawrinka were tied 3-3 in the first, when Dancevic went up two games. He closed out the first set 6-4.

Wawrinka came back, taking the second set 6-3. He and Dancevic traded games in the second frame until the eighth game when Wawrinka broke Dancevicís serve to take a 5-3 lead, then closed out the second set.

In the third set, Dancevic and Wawrinka traded games until Wawrinka jumped out to a two-game lead, 3-1. Dancevic would take one more game, but the rest of the third set and match belonged to Wawrinka.

Wawrinka is expected to face the winner of the first-round match between Jurgen Melzer of Austria and Brazilian Marcos Daniel. Their match was scheduled to be played immediately after the Dancevic-Wawrinka contest.

Dancevic is Canadaís top-seeded menís singles player. He was a last-minute replacement in Beijing after a German player withdrew last week from the singles draw. Sixty-four players started the tournament. After the first round, 32 advance.

Canada doesnít have anyone left in the menís singles draw, after the countryís other hopeful Frederic Neimeyer lost to Guillermo Canas of Argentina.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2008, 09:37:54 AM »
Dancevic ousted from Olympics
Canadian tennis hopeful loses to Wawrinka in three sets

Frank Dancevicís whirlwind tour of Beijing is over, just four days after he arrived as a last-minute replacement in the menís singles tennis draw.

The Niagara Falls tennis star and Canadaís top-ranked menís singles player lost his first-round Olympic match Monday.

Ninth-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland defeated the 23-year-old Canadian in three sets. Wawrinka, also 23, won the match 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, according to live scoring from the International Tennis Federationís website. The sportís governing body is the organizer of the tennis tournament at the 2008 games.

Wawrinka and Dancevic, ranked 114 in the ATP's standings, played nearly two hours, starting at 1:30 p.m., on court 8 at the Olympic Tennis Centre in Beijing.

Dancevic won the first set. He and Wawrinka were tied 3-3 in the first, when Dancevic went up two games. He closed out the first set 6-4.

Wawrinka came back, taking the second set 6-3. He and Dancevic traded games in the second frame until the eighth game when Wawrinka broke Dancevicís serve to take a 5-3 lead, then closed out the second set.

In the third set, Dancevic and Wawrinka traded games until Wawrinka jumped out to a two-game lead, 3-1. Dancevic would take one more game, but the rest of the third set and match belonged to Wawrinka.

Wawrinka is expected to face the winner of the first-round match between Jurgen Melzer of Austria and Brazilian Marcos Daniel. Their match was scheduled to be played immediately after the Dancevic-Wawrinka contest.

Dancevic is Canadaís top-seeded menís singles player. He was a last-minute replacement in Beijing after a German player withdrew last week from the singles draw. Sixty-four players started the tournament. After the first round, 32 advance.

Canada doesnít have anyone left in the menís singles draw, after the countryís other hopeful Frederic Neimeyer lost to Guillermo Canas of Argentina.

I'm so glad to read this because I was going by the score they had over on another site and they had Stan losing 6-2 in the 3rd!  So Stan really did win? :confused1:

:grind dance: :thumbs-up: :trampoline:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2008, 09:43:51 AM »
Smile guys!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »
A picture from the doubles match:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2008, 02:45:07 PM »
Thanks fro that report,I wish I have seen that match,but good they won ! :thumbs-up:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2008, 08:17:43 AM »
He lost his singles  :( But they are still in doubles  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline ovg

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2008, 08:45:01 AM »
yes, too bad about his singles loss. They have every chance to win the doubles. Keep those photos coming.