Author Topic: THE Stanislas Wawrinka THREAD (pictures and other stuffs...about Wawri )  (Read 32087 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: THE Stanislas Wawrinka THREAD (pictures and other stuffs...about Wawri )
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2009, 03:06:17 PM »
I don't understand this article, but someone over at RF.com said it stated that Stan will also become a father soon! (guess he was jealous of Roger and his babies! :rofl_2:)

http://www.derbund.ch/panorama/leute/Nach-Federer-wird-auch-Wawrinka-Papi/story/31241503

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2009, 05:58:09 AM »
Stani at Rogers Cup:
1st Round:def Kiefer 6-4 6-1
next up:Stepanek or Golubev
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2009, 09:58:26 AM »
Stan played a great match againist Keifer.  I hope he continues (for just a few more rounds) :innocent:

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
  • But...i'm wearing my Nike's
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »
just saw the highlights of the match and I'm happy Stan looked so good, keep it up :thumbs-up:
:)~

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »
Wawrinka knocked out of US Open - enough said

Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka has been eliminated in the first round of the New York tennis tournament, going down in five sets to Ecuadorian Nicolas Lapentti.

The match at Flushing Meadows lasted 283 minutes and was won by Lapentti 6:4, 6:3, 6:7 (6:8), 6.7 (3:7), 3:6.

It was a bitter defeat for the 19th seeded Wawrinka, who was just two points away from victory in the third set. Wawrinka broke ahead again in the fourth set but could not maintain his lead.

Lapentti, 33, plays best on sand and had only managed to win one match in the previous five US Open tournaments.

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2009, 11:31:03 AM »
exactly enough said :\

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »
Quiet wedding for Stanislas Wawrinka
Switzerland’s second ranking tennis star and Olympic gold medallist Stanislas Wawrinka has married his long-term partner, Ilham Vuilloud.

The private civil ceremony took place on December 12, Vuilloud – herself a television presenter – told a local television programme on Monday.

“We shall celebrate our union in a church ceremony with lots of guests when our child (due in February) is able to carry our rings,” she said.

Wawrinka is 24 years old, and his new wife is 11 years older. He currently stands 21st in the ATP world tennis rankings.

Switzerland’s number one tennis star, Roger Federer, married his partner Mirka in April. She gave birth to twin girls in July.

swissinfo.ch and agencies

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #247 on: January 09, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »
Cilic meets Wawrinka in Chennai Open final
CHENNAI, India — Defending champion Marin Cilic continued his winning streak against Janko Tipsarevic to enter the final of the 400,000-dollar ATP Chennai Open on Saturday.

The world number 14 from Croatia triumphed 6-1, 6-3 in a semi-final lasting 84 minutes to record his fourth successive win against the 38th-ranked Serbian.

The second-seeded Cilic, favoured to retain the title after top seed Robin Soderling crashed out in the first round, takes on third seed Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland in Sunday's final.

The 21st-ranked Wawrinka fought off a tough challenge from number 43 Dudi Sela of Israel before winning the baseline slugfest 6-4, 2-6, 7-5 in two hours and 32 minutes of absorbing tennis.

Wawrinka goes into the final with a 4-0 record against Cilic, but their last meeting was way back at the French Open on 2008 when the Swiss star won a second-round match in straight sets.

"It was a long time ago, it really does not matter now," said Wawrinka. "He won the title here last year, while I lost in the first round.

"I will have to be at my best to beat Cilic because he serves well and is good from the back too. I hope I get the support of the crowd here."

Cilic, who beat Tipsarevic in the quarter-final here last year, ran away with the first set in just 27 minutes after the Serb failed to hold his serve even once.

Tipsarevic, seeded fourth, was broken again in the first game of the second set, allowing Cilic to dominate in front of 1,000 Indian fans at the Nungambakkam Tennis Stadium.

"I know the crowd was with Janko, but I played to my potential and won," Cilic said.

"It is great to be in the final here again, a very good way to start the year. This was my best match in the tournament. I served well and hit well from the back.

"He was trying to come back in the second set, but I did not give him an opening. I feel really good about my game and look forward to returning to the court tomorrow."

Cilic had defeated Indian wildcard Somdev Devvarman in last year's final.

Wawrinka, beaten in the first round here last year, broke Sela in the 10th game to wrap up the first set in 51 minutes.

Sela hit back by breaking Wawrinka in the third and seventh games of the second set which he won easily in 39 minutes to draw level.

Both players traded a break each early in the decider before Sela faltered with his serve in the 12th game to hand Wawrinka victory.

"It was a relief to get out of that one," said Wawrinka. "It was a real tough match because he seemed to return everything I had.

"But I am glad I kept the pressure on till the end and won. It was a good win for me."

Stan at Chennai Open:
1st Round:def. R Bopanna  6-1 6-4
2nd Round:def. M Russell  6-3 6-4
Quarter F:def. M Berrer  7-6 6-4
Semi Final:def. D Sela 4-6 6-2 7-5

Final: vs Cilic ! :cheer:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #248 on: January 10, 2010, 03:30:59 PM »
Stan at Chennai Open:
1st Round:def. R Bopanna  6-1 6-4
2nd Round:def. M Russell  6-3 6-4
Quarter F:def. M Berrer  7-6 6-4
Semi Final:def. D Sela 4-6 6-2 7-5

Final: lost to M Cilic  6-7 6-7

Magnificent week for Wawri! :good:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #249 on: January 10, 2010, 03:31:30 PM »
Cilic beats Wawrinka in Chennai Open final
Marin Cilic needed two tie-breaks to score his first win in five meetings against Stanislas Wawrinka in the singles final of the $400,000 ATP Aircel Chennai Open tennis tournament, here Sunday for his fourth career pro tour title.

Second seeded Cilic, who won the two-hour, 40-minute clash 7-6 (2), 7-6 (3), was richer by $68,450 and picked up 250 points to become the first player in the tournament history after Carlos Moya (2004, 2005) to annex back-to-back titles, while Wawrinka pocketed $35,980 and 150 points.

Cilic, who at 21 and ranked 14, is reckoned one of the future stars, showed far more variety in his shots and played the big points well besides serving consistently well to emerge a deserving winner.

Cilic's inside-out crosscourt bullets, apart from the trademark double-fisted backhand down the line shots and some crafty soft balls that lured Wawrinka to the net only to be passed were eye-catching as also very effective.

Saturday night, after his semi-final win, Cilic had said of his clash with Warinka that "a lot of things have changed" since the defeat, his fourth in as many meetings, at the 2008 French Open, and the observation was spot on.

The 24-year old Wawrinka, seeded third and ranked 21, rarely displayed the kind of form that had helped him beat World No.1 Roger Federer at the Monte Carlo Masters last year. His fitness was certainly a suspect especially after having played a 2-1/2 hours semi-final match last night.

Wawrinka, the first Swiss to reach the final of this tournament since Thomas Enquist in the inaugural year 1996, was unable to sustain his level of play that alternated between brilliant and ordinary.

The match began rather quietly with both players indulging in long rallies that seemed to favour Cilic far more than Wawrinka who just about survived two break points in the third game, thanks to his big serve, but blew other chances to win the first set.

Wawrinka, seeking his second career ATP title and his first in over three years, had his chances when he served for the set after breaking the Cilic, a quarter-finalist at the 2009 US Open, in the eighth to lead 5-3, but was broken in the very next game. He then wasted breakpoint in the 12th as the set flowed into tie-break where Cilic's solid serves tilted the balance.

The Swiss No.2 was also distracted by a few line calls that went against him besides having a sprained neck attended to courtside when leading 4-3 on serve.

The second set began with back-to-back service breaks in the second and third games. Thereafter both players blew a few breakpoints with Cilic, leading 5-4 on serve, wasting a match point in the 10th as Wawrinka hung on to draw level at 5-5 that inevitably led to a second tie-break.

As in the first set, Cilic's serve proved decisive as a tired looking Wawrinka finally drilled a backhand crosscourt wide and crashed to defeat.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #250 on: January 10, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »
QF

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Monky

• Tennis God
« Reply #251 on: January 18, 2010, 09:31:53 PM »
looking good so far ;-()

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #252 on: January 18, 2010, 11:44:56 PM »
looking good so far ;-()

hey there pal!  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Monky

• Tennis God

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #254 on: January 19, 2010, 02:18:19 PM »
Stan got through!  Good job for him.

Offline MassiveForehand

• Tennis Player
« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
i love Stan's backhand! It's like a bullet! :))
Please check out this tribute video I made for him on Youtube!

Stanislas Wawrinka - Discreet Talent [HD]

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #256 on: February 02, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
i love Stan's backhand! It's like a bullet! :))
Please check out this tribute video I made for him on Youtube!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I hope he brings that backhand this weekend for Davis Cup!  Go Stan! Go Roger!

Offline MassiveForehand

• Tennis Player
« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2012, 01:25:13 PM »
Yeah! He better! Go Switzerland!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
Yeah that win over Murray @2010 USO was his finest moment. Late 2010 to early 2011 was Stan's "purple patch". He also destroyed Andy Roddick at the 2011 AO.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Seems like no one  is paying attention to some of 'these threads'  :)~
I should prolly follow Babb's steps and squeeze 'my guys' into one thread  :rofl_2:

TOMMY HAAS