Author Topic: Cincinnati Pick 'em Competition  (Read 23802 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Cincinnati Pick 'em Competition
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 06:09:18 AM »
Soderling
Moya
Stepanek
Safin
Querrey
Kiefer
Nieminen
Gonzalez
Lopez
Youzhny
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »
This match has got me here Lopez-Seppi.Lopez has never beat Seppi since 2002 in Challengers :)) lol i have i got anyone thinking here :rofl_2:

I see i got no-one has my thinking in this match Lopez-Seppi,seems im the only one to pick Seppi.I do know Lopez has been doing quite well of late.hmmmmmmm but Lopez record is not good v Seppi.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 01:33:22 PM »
What a brainless little man Mathieu is with his performance today and meltdown in the 2nd to last game in the deciding set!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
What a brainless little man Mathieu is with his performance today and meltdown in the 2nd to last game in the deciding set!

Agreed he got mad & chucked  :rofl_2: his serve away,i had him 2 Chris.Seppi 1 set up & 6-5 in second set atm.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 01:38:15 PM by sid »

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 01:39:26 PM »

Agreed he got mad & chucked  :rofl_2: his serve away,i had him 2 Chris.Seppi 1 set up & 6-5 in second set atm.

Lopez probably played the worst match of his life, but Seppi definitely knows how to play against him. 7-5 7-5 in the end, very dissapointing as I had Lopez getting to the 3rd round in the inter-board :(

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 01:40:17 PM »
This match has got me here Lopez-Seppi.Lopez has never beat Seppi since 2002 in Challengers :)) lol i have i got anyone thinking here :rofl_2:

I see i got no-one has my thinking in this match Lopez-Seppi,seems im the only one to pick Seppi.I do know Lopez has been doing quite well of late.hmmmmmmm but Lopez record is not good v Seppi.

Seppi won 7-5 7-5 :whistle: i did drop the hint ;-()  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 01:41:39 PM »
I think it might be best if i follow Sid's hint next time  ;-() I can seriously see myself going about 2 or 3 out of 10 for this round if these clowns I've picked keep playing as they are  :\

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 01:44:57 PM »
I think it might be best if i follow Sid's hint next time  ;-() I can seriously see myself going about 2 or 3 out of 10 for this round if these clowns I've picked keep playing as they are  :\

Hi Chris we all drop in some matches,im sure your have a good few winners here as always ;-()

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »

Hi Chris we all drop in some matches,im sure your have a good few winners here as always ;-()

I do really hope so Sid- I need top 4 finishes really all the way now to keep a hold of that number 1 ranking until the end of the year  :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 02:17:27 PM »

I do really hope so Sid- I need top 4 finishes really all the way now to keep a hold of that number 1 ranking until the end of the year  :)

I know im out for the top,but you have it all 2 play for.However things turn out its all good fun :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 02:42:10 PM »
I think we'll be adding Berdbrain to that list with Fish and Mathieu the way he's chucking this match away. Up a set and a break over Gonzo he plays 4 shocking games and loses the set 3/6  :mad1:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2008, 02:48:18 PM »
I think we'll be adding Berdbrain to that list with Fish and Mathieu the way he's chucking this match away. Up a set and a break over Gonzo he plays 4 shocking games and loses the set 3/6  :mad1:

Yes Berdych or Berdbrain as some say let us down in the second set.He needs to get his finger out & play tennis like he can some times.Will it be the Berdych we like or does he play like Berdbrain in the 3rd set. :dunno:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 02:53:45 PM »

Yes Berdych or Berdbrain as some say let us down in the second set.He needs to get his finger out & play tennis like he can some times.Will it be the Berdych we like or does he play like Berdbrain in the 3rd set. :dunno:

Well he's started well going 2-0 up, now he's just got to hold which I'm not too confident about  :whistle:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 03:13:48 PM »

Lopez probably played the worst match of his life, but Seppi definitely knows how to play against him. 7-5 7-5 in the end, very dissapointing as I had Lopez getting to the 3rd round in the inter-board :(
really? I had also Felicity to play Nole in 3rd round. that's the last time I will pick this player.
As Navratilova said some years ago. what a waist of talent!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2008, 03:21:18 PM »
Birdbrain went back to Berdych for us Sid as he comes through the decider against Gonzo :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2008, 04:19:41 PM »
Birdbrain went back to Berdych for us Sid as he comes through the decider against Gonzo :)

Thanks Chris on info,what was the score in games in 3rd set please.

Offline TheLogo

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »
Picking Sam helped out with the letdown Gonzalez gave me. 

Hopefully Youzhny can pick it up and win.
The Logo Knows!!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2008, 05:41:21 PM »
Picking Sam helped out with the letdown Gonzalez gave me. 

Hopefully Youzhny can pick it up and win.

Haas just beat Youzhny 6-4 in 3rd set,thats a good pick for me.I felt this would be a tough match up,this match took 2 hours 8 minnets to finnish.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 05:42:00 PM by sid »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 12:35:31 AM »
Needed Haas to come through that one, especially since Safin went out to Tursurnov 76(5) 64.
Sid- Berdych won the 3rd set 6/3 over Gonzalez.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 02:59:50 AM »
Well I think I'm on 4 out of 7 so far. Not bad I guess considering the tough picks. Why'd I have to change from Berdych to Gonzalez? Because I remember Berdych chokes, and then he wins...