Instructional Tennis > Tennis Journals

Euroka's Tennis Journal

<< < (119/123) > >>

monstertruck:

--- Quote from: euroka1 on March 16, 2013, 07:27:58 AM ---Thanks Scott and MT. The surgeries hand out conflicting instructions.  One lot says, OK to play tennis and golf; another lot says to avoid bending. At least in this intermediate stage, the last things one wants is to be getting hit in an eye by a tennis ball or a dramatic fall so I will stay off the courts until a week after the second surgery.

You do get the feeling that the medical establishments are most anxious to stay unsullied legally. The actual surgery was painless but, as always, dealing with the medical personnel was not. They can be awfully officious. The eye was only a bit sore for the first day.

--- End quote ---
So much for the 'care' in healthcare..... :\

Am curious about the instructions to not bend over-  will the eye actually fall out if you do so?  There must be some way to keep it in. :Confused:

On a more serious note, have you considered wearing eye protection during play?  Perhaps not asnecessary during practice or singles, but I've seen a few head shots during hot doubles exchanges.  Unintentional of course! ;-()

euroka1:
Back to playing 3-5 times a week with renewed vision for the line calls.

Yes, MT, I am wearing protective eyewear now, as much as anything because the surgeon would not like to see his good work undone by a misdirected tennis ball.

Spring is finally here for enjoyable outdoor play. Still a little cool and the wind gusty but it is a great season just to be outside.

monstertruck:
Great news, your return to court, with improved vision!!!
I think it will be interesting to see if the surgery has any impact on your ball striking abilities.
Do you find the eye protection a hinderance during play?
Personally, I sweat so much that any form of glasses would be drenched in short order.

euroka1:

--- Quote from: monstertruck on April 08, 2013, 06:06:33 AM ---Great news, your return to court, with improved vision!!!
I think it will be interesting to see if the surgery has any impact on your ball striking abilities.
Do you find the eye protection a hinderance during play?
Personally, I sweat so much that any form of glasses would be drenched in short order.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's nice. If anything, the eye-ball coordination is going through an adjustment but the serve is fine.

No, in my doubles game there is no hindrance and, as you pointed out, it is good for safety. The sweat issue is one that will be tested as summer comes in. We are expecting 80 deg temperatures later in the week.  :)

spartacus258:
Useful information

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version