0 (0%)
Flavia Pennetta
0 (0%)
Alize Cornet
2 (11.8%)
Maria Kirilenko
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Favorite WTA Player ranked #11-20  (Read 5817 times)

Offline NJtennis11

• Tennis God
Re: Favorite WTA Player ranked #11-20
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 10:12:06 PM »
I like Azarenka, Szavay and Kirilenko, also Petrova to a lesser extent.  Least favorite, Bartoli by a mile.

NJ! Don't you have a favorite of the top 10?

And I'd like to hear from our other WTAer, retro, with respect to the bottom 10.

Of course I do, but this poll is the 11-20.  Depending on my mood its either Serena or Venus, usually Serena but lately I've liked Venus more and more.

Really? After all these years, why didn't I know that. You must be their token classy fan  :laugh-bounce:

:rofl_2: Thanks, I've been a fan of them my entire life, nowadays I try to follow players when they are young and in the juniors and those are the ones I like, such as Azarenka and Wozniacki.  I also like the young Brit Laura Robson who won Jr. Wimbledon, great personality and a game with a lot of potential.

I've only seen Larcher play in a WTT match. She's doing well, but she seems very small. And being a Boliteri girl, I doubt she's developing an all-court game. What do you think of her potential?

Very good player, I haven't seen her much either, but she is now starting to have some success on the main tour.  Beat Pennetta this week and lost a tight three setter to Kuznetsova.  She'll be in the top 135 by next week, I think top 30 by this time next year and top 5 with grandslam potential in her career.  The girl is only 15, pretty remarkable to be having such success.  She has already beaten two top 20 players this year in Pennetta and Radwanska and has pushed two top 10 players in Kuznetsova and Serena to three sets. 

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 10:48:06 PM »
I like Azarenka, Szavay and Kirilenko, also Petrova to a lesser extent.  Least favorite, Bartoli by a mile.

NJ! Don't you have a favorite of the top 10?

And I'd like to hear from our other WTAer, retro, with respect to the bottom 10.

Of course I do, but this poll is the 11-20.  Depending on my mood its either Serena or Venus, usually Serena but lately I've liked Venus more and more.

Really? After all these years, why didn't I know that. You must be their token classy fan  :laugh-bounce:

:rofl_2: Thanks, I've been a fan of them my entire life, nowadays I try to follow players when they are young and in the juniors and those are the ones I like, such as Azarenka and Wozniacki.  I also like the young Brit Laura Robson who won Jr. Wimbledon, great personality and a game with a lot of potential.

I've only seen Larcher play in a WTT match. She's doing well, but she seems very small. And being a Boliteri girl, I doubt she's developing an all-court game. What do you think of her potential?

Very good player, I haven't seen her much either, but she is now starting to have some success on the main tour.  Beat Pennetta this week and lost a tight three setter to Kuznetsova.  She'll be in the top 135 by next week, I think top 30 by this time next year and top 5 with grandslam potential in her career.  The girl is only 15, pretty remarkable to be having such success.  She has already beaten two top 20 players this year in Pennetta and Radwanska and has pushed two top 10 players in Kuznetsova and Serena to three sets. 

I recall she had a huge win at Miami last year. She's definitely some one to watch. I've had an eye on her...firstly because I thought she was Patty playing WTT.   :))
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 07:21:08 AM »
Where is Nicole???? please lets make another poll whenever the ranking she is! In the meantime, my vote went for Azarenka

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »
Where is Nicole???? please lets make another poll whenever the ranking she is! In the meantime, my vote went for Azarenka

Great stuff Borovnia :applause: Victoria and Maria K are doing very well in this with only Schnyder anywhere close!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 08:16:39 AM »
I'll have to borrow NJtennis's first few words here: I like Azarenka, Szavay and Kirilenko

however I voted for Patty.