Tennis Discussions > Pro Player Forum

THE Philipp Kohlschreiber THREAD (pictures,artcles,etc..about Phil)

(1/31) > >>

Lugburz:
I wanted to start this thread ever since I came here...Although he is currently injured,I hope he will be back soon !  ;-() BTW,Thanks to monstertruck,who reminded me to create his thread... Here's something about this boy:
Name : PHILIPP KOHLSCHREIBER                               
Nickname : KOHLI
Nationality : GERMANY
Date of Birth : OCTOBER 16,1983
Residence  : Altstaetten, Switzerland
Height  : 1.77m
Wight   : 70kg
Plays : Right-Handed(One-Handed Backhand)

Murrayfan11:
Great to see you finally start this thread Lugburz! That makes 3 threads for you to keep updating!

Lugburz:

--- Quote from: Murrayfan11 on August 10, 2008, 01:35:44 PM ---Great to see you finally start this thread Lugburz! That makes 3 threads for you to keep updating!

--- End quote ---

I will be glad to do that !  ;-() and honored

euroka1:

--- Quote from: euroka1 on August 01, 2008, 09:47:58 PM ---FreeBird and I found each other and went off to lunch on a traditional Cincinnati dish (must get the name some time) along with much beer. He had a ticket to a friend's box (nicer seat than mine) and we saw Karlovic-Kohlschreiber play. Karlovic won 76(6) 76(3) and it was very similar to the match against Fed yesterday. Kohlschreiber actually played quite well when he was serving but also had problems with the Karlovic serve. Again the fatal statistics of small numbers effect in Karlovic tie-breaks was demonstrated. Karlovic's game has improved a lot in the last year or so. It's not just serve and he did some nice things at the net. I'm beginning to wonder if he might win the whole show here. I'm pessimistic about the semi against Murray from what I saw today and even Rafa/Nole might be taken by surprise.

--- End quote ---

Freebird and I watched Kohlschreiber play at Cincy and the above is what I wrote that evening. He was unlucky to come across Karlovic playing very well. As we all now know, Karlovic didn't get to the final after all !  :no-no-no:

Lugburz:

--- Quote from: euroka1 on August 10, 2008, 09:14:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: euroka1 on August 01, 2008, 09:47:58 PM ---FreeBird and I found each other and went off to lunch on a traditional Cincinnati dish (must get the name some time) along with much beer. He had a ticket to a friend's box (nicer seat than mine) and we saw Karlovic-Kohlschreiber play. Karlovic won 76(6) 76(3) and it was very similar to the match against Fed yesterday. Kohlschreiber actually played quite well when he was serving but also had problems with the Karlovic serve. Again the fatal statistics of small numbers effect in Karlovic tie-breaks was demonstrated. Karlovic's game has improved a lot in the last year or so. It's not just serve and he did some nice things at the net. I'm beginning to wonder if he might win the whole show here. I'm pessimistic about the semi against Murray from what I saw today and even Rafa/Nole might be taken by surprise.

--- End quote ---

Freebird and I watched Kohlschreiber play at Cincy and the above is what I wrote that evening. He was unlucky to come across Karlovic playing very well. As we all now know, Karlovic didn't get to the final after all !  :no-no-no:

--- End quote ---

Yeah I know mate,after all he loss to the man I am very frustrated at !-Karlovic  :mad1: I just can't watch that guy play,I mean 76 76,is that the only thing this guy can do?! But NeverMind,Kohli has beautiful game and I hope there is more improving from him to come !  ;-()

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version