Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009  (Read 31940 times)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Re: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2008, 06:00:23 AM »
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW

Chelsea v Juventus

Villarreal v Panathinaikos

Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich

Atletico Madrid v FC Porto

Lyon v Barcelona

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Arsenal v Roma

Inter Milan v Manchester United

Nice...
Ideal scenario would be to see Barca and manU get through without much trouble  ;-()

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »
English teams have the worst draw...I guess we'll have to see one off before the quarters  :whistle:

Hope that shall be Liverpool or Arsenal  :gleam:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »
Tough draw against Inter that is for us but thing is they have not played half as good in this competition as they do in Serie A so we could be favoured by that aspect. However it pits us against Mourinho and thats always a battle.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2008, 12:12:50 PM »
Yeah Chris,especially your draw is very tough...I suppose we'll handle Juve with no big problems...On the other hand Inter could be dangerous even they weren't good enough at the stages.but that can't be compared to the next stage and the 1/8final ...

Ranieri was big name for us,still is and I won't forget his real tears when leaving the Bridge  :Confused: But new time is coming and we'll have to look forward..Another good reception by our fans was in our last game  vs WestHam..huge rivals but great reception for Zola that was.
Anyway,I wish him all the best   ;-()
So,Champions League WATCH OUT Here we come ! :cheer:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2009, 05:22:29 PM »
Last 16!!!!! 1st Knockout Round Ties!!!!!

February 24,
19:45 GMT, 20:45 CET 
London, Ashburton Grove:
Arsenal - Roma
Madrid, Manzanares:
Atletico Madrid - Porto
Milano, Meazza in San Siro:
Inter  - Manchester United
Lyon, Gerland:
Lyon - Barcelona

February 25 
London, Stamford Bridge:
Chelsea - Juventus
Madrid, Bernabeu:
Real Madrid - Liverpool
Lisboa, Alvalade in Campo Grande:
Sporting Lisbon - Bayern Munich
Villarreal, El Madrigal:
Villarreal - Panathinaikos
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2009, 07:11:10 PM »
February 25 
London, Stamford Bridge:
Chelsea - Juventus

C'mon Chelsea !

TOMMY HAAS

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #166 on: February 22, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »
February 25 
London, Stamford Bridge:
Chelsea - Juventus

C'mon Chelsea !
the Old Lady is a very dangerous. His biggest fan here is Babbelot!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #167 on: February 22, 2009, 07:15:04 PM »
February 25 
London, Stamford Bridge:
Chelsea - Juventus

C'mon Chelsea !

well I like their coach  ..-)
yup the Old Lady is dangerous,but the Bridge is the Bridge !  :))

TOMMY HAAS

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #168 on: February 22, 2009, 07:21:36 PM »
February 25 
London, Stamford Bridge:
Chelsea - Juventus

C'mon Chelsea !

Ranieri, why? he is one of the most overrated coaches, I know he was at Chelsea.

Lug, which clubs do you think or want to reach the last 8??  predictions?

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #169 on: February 22, 2009, 07:26:56 PM »
February 25 
London, Stamford Bridge:
Chelsea - Juventus

C'mon Chelsea !

Ranieri, why? he is one of the most overrated coaches, I know he was at Chelsea.

Ranieri-because he had very touchy and emotional departure. Lot of tears and stuff.
Well I would like to see every English Club except Arsenal,from the other matchups Atletico,Lyon,Bayern,Panathinaikos.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #170 on: February 22, 2009, 08:17:22 PM »
February 25 
London, Stamford Bridge:
Chelsea - Juventus

C'mon Chelsea !

Ranieri-because he had very touchy and emotional departure. Lot of tears and stuff.
Well I would like to see every English Club except Arsenal,from the other matchups Atletico,Lyon,Bayern,Panathinaikos.
that's a provocation!  :rofl_2: hope you will be wrong in 3 of the other matches not involving english clubs.

I bet, Manchester United fans in the forum dont want to make predictions because they are scared! and only follow their club :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2009, 12:26:54 AM »
Conchita you should know Manchester United fans don't know what the word 'scared' means. We're the English, European and World Champions so we've got absolutely nothing to be scared about  ;-()
Our teams playing well, we've been able to rotate our players so none of them will be feeling exhausted, we're boosted by holding such a critical lead at the top of the Premiership- we're in good shape  :) there's just 1 downside and some real luck for Inter. We are struggling to find somebody to partner Rio at centre half  :( Vidic is suspended, Gary Neville and Wes Brown are injured, Johnny Evans is 80% guaranteed to miss the match with an injury and O'Shea our most likely hope is also struggling with a heel injury.
So in this respect Inter have been very fortunate because without these issues this tie was only going one way over the 2 legs.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:25:19 AM by Chris1987 »

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2009, 01:02:30 AM »
Conchita you should know Manchester United fans don't know what the word 'scared' means. We're the English, European and World Champions so we've got ab****ely nothing to be scared about  ;-()
Our teams playing well, we've been able to rotate our players so none of them will be feeling exhausted, we're boosted by holding such a critical lead at the top of the Premiership- we're in good shape  :) there's just 1 downside and some real luck for Inter. We are struggling to find somebody to partner Rio at centre half  :( Vidic is suspended, Gary Neville and Wes Brown are injured, Johnny Evans is 80% guaranteed to miss the match with an injury and O'Shea our most likely hope is also struggling with a heel injury.
So in this respect Inter have been very fortunate because without these issues this tie was only going one way over the 2 legs.

Absolutely...we don't know what scared in football means  ;-()   especially when two of my teams....Barca and ManU are leading their tables in the leagues.  UEFA is just another tournament to be won  :cool:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2009, 01:24:08 AM »
Conchita you should know Manchester United fans don't know what the word 'scared' means. We're the English, European and World Champions so we've got absolutely nothing to be scared about  ;-()

Absolutely...we don't know what scared in football means  ;-()   especially when two of my teams....Barca and ManU are leading their tables in the leagues.  UEFA is just another tournament to be won  :cool:

Yeah the 2008-2009 season is looking pretty perfect for you right now Falcon with United 7 points clear at the top and in Spain Barca 7 clear as well(although just a couple of weeks back that was 12) so now you just need 1 (cough cough) UNITED to win the Champions League  :king: and if they both stay on top in their Leagues you'll have the perfect season  :)) United are still on to win all 6 trophies this season with 2 already tucked away we could have a 3rd this Sunday against Spurs in the Carling Cup Final :shakey: :cheer:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:26:05 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2009, 01:25:59 AM »
Conchita you should know Manchester United fans don't know what the word 'scared' means. We're the English, European and World Champions so we've got ab****ely nothing to be scared about  ;-()

Yeah the 2008-2009 season is looking pretty perfect for you right now Falcon with United 7 points clear at the top and in Spain Barca 7 clear as well(although just a couple of weeks back that was 12) so now you just need 1 (cough cough) UNITED to win the Champions League  :king: and if they both stay on top in their Leagues you'll have the perfect season  :)) United are still on to win all 6 trophies this season with 2 already tucked away we could have a 3rd this Sunday against Spurs in the Carling Cup Final :shakey: :cheer:

I'm just as excited Chris dear  :))  Yes i just hope Barca and manU make it a perfect season for me...boy the start to this year has been great...first rafa wins AO, now ManU is at the top and Barca is continuing its top form :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2009, 04:00:41 AM »

cari amichi Chris Taylor, this post is very confusing!!  :innocent: :)~ ;-()

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2009, 04:38:37 AM »

cari amichi Chris Taylor, this post is very confusing!!  :innocent: :)~ ;-()

Then in that case the first sentence is enough   :)~ :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2009, 06:17:09 AM »
I want to know what Kickserve and Somil think! Kickserve and Somil are great in predictions and also huge Manchester United fans!!  :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2009, 06:19:04 AM »

I'm just as excited Chris dear  :))  Yes i just hope Barca and manU make it a perfect season for me...boy the start to this year has been great...first rafa wins AO, now ManU is at the top and Barca is continuing its top form :))
and if both clubs reach the final, I hope it will not be the case, which club do you want to win the Champions League??  :Confused:

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »
I want to know what Kickserve and Somil think! Kickserve and Somil are great in predictions and also huge Manchester United fans!!  :)

What would you like our opinion on, Conchita?