Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009  (Read 31335 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2009, 10:11:45 AM »
Conchita you should know Manchester United fans don't know what the word 'scared' means. We're the English, European and World Champions so we've got absolutely nothing to be scared about  ;-()
Our teams playing well, we've been able to rotate our players so none of them will be feeling exhausted, we're boosted by holding such a critical lead at the top of the Premiership- we're in good shape  :) there's just 1 downside and some real luck for Inter. We are struggling to find somebody to partner Rio at centre half  :( Vidic is suspended, Gary Neville and Wes Brown are injured, Johnny Evans is 80% guaranteed to miss the match with an injury and O'Shea our most likely hope is also struggling with a heel injury.
So in this respect Inter have been very fortunate because without these issues this tie was only going one way over the 2 legs.

cari amichi Chris Taylor, this post is very confusing!!  :innocent: :)~ ;-()

Its really not Conchita. We are not scared of anybody or any team. We are going for all the trophies this year. But theres one downside that we might only have 1 regular centre half but we are UNITED and that wont be a problem  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2009, 12:33:13 PM »
I want to know what Kickserve and Somil think! Kickserve and Somil are great in predictions and also huge Manchester United fans!!  :)

What would you like our opinion on, Conchita?

your chances to defeat Internazionale and your chances to repeat the Champions League title.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »
Conchita you should know Manchester United fans don't know what the word 'scared' means. We're the English, European and World Champions so we've got absolutely nothing to be scared about  ;-()
Our teams playing well, we've been able to rotate our players so none of them will be feeling exhausted, we're boosted by holding such a critical lead at the top of the Premiership- we're in good shape  :) there's just 1 downside and some real luck for Inter. We are struggling to find somebody to partner Rio at centre half  :( Vidic is suspended, Gary Neville and Wes Brown are injured, Johnny Evans is 80% guaranteed to miss the match with an injury and O'Shea our most likely hope is also struggling with a heel injury.
So in this respect Inter have been very fortunate because without these issues this tie was only going one way over the 2 legs.

cari amichi Chris Taylor, this post is very confusing!!  :innocent: :)~ ;-()

Its really not Conchita. We are not scared of anybody or any team. We are going for all the trophies this year. But theres one downside that we might only have 1 regular centre half but we are UNITED and that wont be a problem  :)

you're amazing and wonderful! I also like that you're enjoying and smiling a lot this season of Manchester United.  :)

(injuries or bookings are part of the game, no luck)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »
I want to know what Kickserve and Somil think! Kickserve and Somil are great in predictions and also huge Manchester United fans!!  :)

your chances to defeat Internazionale and your chances to repeat the Champions League title.

I think every team has a 'chance' to win the Champions League title. I wouldn't put anyone as clear cut favourites at the moment. It's so easy for one player to lose concentration for one second in a team... the quality of the teams doesn't matter that much in these knockout matches, it's all about the night's performance. United have proved to be consistent enough though so I'm happy there.

Against Inter Milan, it's going to be very tough. I'd say our chances of winning are probably around 55-60%, so minor favourites. Shame that we don't have a second centre back! Instead of sitting back tomorrow, we need to bag an away goal or 2. I'm pretty certain we can beat them at Old Trafford so a score draw would be perfect.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2009, 05:02:37 PM »

I think every team has a 'chance' to win the Champions League title. I wouldn't put anyone as clear cut favourites at the moment. It's so easy for one player to lose concentration for one second in a team... the quality of the teams doesn't matter that much in these knockout matches, it's all about the night's performance. United have proved to be consistent enough though so I'm happy there.

Against Inter Milan, it's going to be very tough. I'd say our chances of winning are probably around 55-60%, so minor favourites. Shame that we don't have a second centre back! Instead of sitting back tomorrow, we need to bag an away goal or 2. I'm pretty certain we can beat them at Old Trafford so a score draw would be perfect.
Thanks Somil!  :)
that was a great reply, I disagree in some things you said but with your answer I am scared!  :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2009, 01:01:08 AM »
Here we go!!!!!!!!!! :)
Tonight!!!!!!!!!! :))

19:45 GMT, 20:45 CET 

Milano, Meazza in San Siro:
Inter vs Manchester United

London, Ashburton Grove:
Arsenal vs Roma

Madrid, Manzanares:
Atletico Madrid vs Porto

Lyon, Gerland:
Lyon vs Barcelona

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2009, 01:24:28 AM »
Utd to leave it late on duo
Evans and O'Shea remain big concerns for Inter tie

Sir Alex Ferguson says he will make a late decision on John O'Shea and Jonny Evans' fitness for Manchester United's UEFA Champions League tie at Inter Milan.

United have major defensive worries for the first leg of Tuesday's last 16 tie at Giuseppe Meazza as the holders continue their defence of the title.

Nemanja Vidic is suspended for the game, while Gary Neville, Wes Brown and Rafael all failed to travel with the squad for the match.

Evans and O'Shea are in the squad, but are doubtful due to ankle and heel injuries respectively, with a decision expected to be made at the last minute.

Northern Ireland international Evans limped out of Saturday's 2-1 win over Blackburn with a recurrence of his ankle problem and he did not train on Monday evening at the Giuseppe Meazza.

O'Shea did take some part in training and United boss Ferguson admits he will have to leave it late before finalising his team to face Inter.

Big concerns
"The options are: panic. I think I can play Dimitar (Berbatov) as sweeper," joked Ferguson at his pre-match press conference.

"I hope one of them will make it. O'Shea might, then we have the problem at right-back.

"Obviously we have some injury problems and we won't know until tomorrow for O'Shea. He did a little light session on his own, not with the other players. Jonny Evans wasn't able to train.

"These are the major doubts, but everyone else is fit and travelled.

"Obviously these are the big concerns with Wes Brown and Gary Neville both injured and Nemanja Vidic suspended.

"It's a worrying moment for us, but in the context of our club we've accepted it and got on with it."

Ferguson also confirmed United will be trying to win the match following Inter coach Jose Mourinho's claim that the visitors would play for a draw.

Challenge
"I'm sure Jose has seen us enough to know that we very seldom go into a game not trying to win and that won't change tomorrrow," added Ferguson.

"We have the challenge of having to play in a stadium tomorrow with such a fantastic crowd that will help the players, I'm sure of that.

"I wish we were in a better position tomorrow defensively in terms of availability, but that happens in football, we have to carry on with the competition tomorrow.

"We still have the opportunity to take Inter back to Old Trafford with a good result. If we score an away goal it will give us a great chance.

"You're always intent in Europe to get that goal that means something really big when you get back to your own ground."

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2009, 01:40:59 AM »
Leave it late? non capisce!

all right Mr. Taylor! I am ready for the battle tonight!  :)>>>> :)>>>>
Oh yes, yes! I am too happy!  :))

Benvenuto al Meazza di San Siro! :)>>>> :)>>>>

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2009, 01:43:27 AM »

You're on Conchita  :)>>>>  :)>>>> Let the Battle commence  :Sword Fight: :Boxing:

My English, European and World Champions  :king: are to be backed all the way so its show time :Sword Fight: or War time  :)>>>>

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2009, 02:22:39 AM »

You're on Conchita  :)>>>>  :)>>>> Let the Battle commence  :Sword Fight: :Boxing:

My English, European and World Champions  :king: are to be backed all the way so its show time :Sword Fight: or War time  :)>>>>

Prego, I am big! my Inter is too big! it's your team that will get small!  :)>>>> :)>>>>

Oh, wake up Chris!  Internazionale will demolish your team tonight! Nothing else!  :)>>>>

Inter is the greatest club of them all!!  :gleam: :)>>>> :)>>>>

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2009, 03:07:00 AM »

Prego, I am big! my Inter is too big! it's your team that will get small!  :)>>>> :)>>>>

Oh, wake up Chris!  Internazionale will demolish your team tonight! Nothing else!  :)>>>>

Inter is the greatest club of them all!!  :gleam: :)>>>> :)>>>>

Keep dreaming Conchita because as we both know thats the only way Inter can come through this one  :)>>>>  :)>>>>

The European Champions are keeping their crown and will no rest until it is safely tucked away for another 12 months  :king:

This is just the Italian warmup for the real thing when we visit Rome in May and depart as European Champions 2008/2009  :)>>>>  :)>>>>

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2009, 01:29:46 PM »
Stadio Meazza di San Siro, Inter winning line-up tonight!!!   :))

12 Julio Cesar
4 Zanetti
5 Stankovic
8 Ibrahimovic
10 Adriano
13 Maicon
19 Cambiasso
20 Muntari
24 Rivas
26 Chiviu
39 Santon

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2009, 01:50:21 PM »
Atletico M 1-0 Porto  ;-()
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2009, 01:51:21 PM »
nice start in the Manzanares
Gol Atletico Madrid! Maxi Rodriguez in the third minute!
Atletico 1 - 0 Porto

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »
nice start in Gerland!
but Lyon! Juninho 7'!
Lyon 1 - 0 Barcelona

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »
10 mins in and United dominating! Ronaldo's been fantastic already, hopefully Tevez and Rooney come on later in the match.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2009, 01:54:25 PM »
nice start in Gerland!
but Lyon! Juninho 7'!
Lyon 1 - 0 Barcelona

:thumbs-up:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2009, 02:12:32 PM »
at the Manzanares! goal Porto, Lisandro 22'
Atletico Madrid 1 - 1 Porto
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:26:08 PM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »
nice start at Ashbuton Grove!
GOAL ARSENAL! Van Persie 37'
Arsenal 1 - 0 Roma

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »
Ugh, what a shame United have nothing to show for their first half dominance. They were all over Inter. Hopefully the second half goes the same way and we snatch a goal, a goal we would deserve.