Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009  (Read 29804 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2009, 12:14:32 AM »
Well I can see ManU supporters now shaking  :)~ :)~

We're really not Luggy. Afterall the English, European and World Champions have nothing to fear  :)~

Chris,you have to leave those tittles behind now as we are slowly approaching the new ones  :)~

Not when we'll be winning them again  :)~ I understand the desperation Liverpool and Chelsea fans are now getting to in fear of United winning everything this season  :)~
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2009, 12:15:36 AM »
I agree, what happened to the times where the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane and Figo dominated all the teams that came to Bernabeu? There are no replacements, they are a shadow of their former team.
those times will comeback next month.

Too late in this tie. Going back to Anfield now on the back of a Madrid performance like that, then this tie is done.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2009, 12:21:54 AM »
I agree, what happened to the times where the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane and Figo dominated all the teams that came to Bernabeu? There are no replacements, they are a shadow of their former team.

Too late in this tie. Going back to Anfield now on the back of a Madrid performance like that, then this tie is done.
Chris! I was talking about the future of Real Madrid.
Nadal was last night at the stadium and he said "if we have to lose against one team, better to lose against the spaniards"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:38:44 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2009, 12:50:15 AM »

Nadal was last night at the stadium and he said "if we have to lose against one team, better to lose against the spaniards"

The future of Real Madrid is going to rely on them trying to bring a few excellent youngsters through and making some good buys in the transfer window because this group of players will never come close to winning the Champions League.
Thats very funny what Rafa said  :rofl_2: he really does have Liverpool spot on with that remark. While I was watching I saw Rafa at the stadium last night.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2009, 01:07:35 AM »

The future of Real Madrid is going to rely on them trying to bring a few excellent youngsters through and making some good buys in the transfer window because this group of players will never come close to winning the Champions League.
Thats very funny what Rafa said  :rofl_2: he really does have Liverpool spot on with that remark. While I was watching I saw Rafa at the stadium last night.
Liverpool is called here the "Spanish Liverpool"
there are new elections coming very soon at Real Madrid and the president who signed all the players that Somil mentioned is going to be back. Kaka will be the first to arrive.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2009, 01:15:08 AM »

Liverpool is called here the "Spanish Liverpool"
there are new elections coming very soon at Real Madrid and the president who signed all the players that Somil mentioned is going to be back. Kaka will be the first to arrive.

I'm not surprised at all Liverpool are called that in Spain  :rofl_2:
Yeah I've heard about the elections for the President at Real coming up next month and I think it was Perez who brought the players in at the start of this century and he looks to be the favourite again. But Real can't just rely on buying players they need to bring through good Spanish players like they did Raul, Hierro, Guti, Casilias, Selgado, Morientes. They were the backbone to Real's success from 1996- 2003 or so. Thats what they need more of.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2009, 01:29:30 AM »
Yeah I've heard about the elections for the President at Real coming up next month and I think it was Perez who brought the players in at the start of this century and he looks to be the favourite again. But Real can't just rely on buying players they need to bring through good Spanish players like they did Raul, Hierro, Guti, Casilias, Selgado, Morientes. They were the backbone to Real's success from 1996- 2003 or so. Thats what they need more of.
I think you're completely wrong, not only about Real in that period but about the history of Spanish top clubs last century.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2009, 01:36:34 AM »
I think you're completely wrong, not only about Real in that period but about the history of Spanish top clubs last century.

There's no getting away from it, Real have won the Champions League/European Cup each time when they've had a good mix of Spanish players blended with foreign players. The Spanish may feel this is a decent Real team with 9 wins in a row in Spain but thats a weakening League and as I've said all along the Spanish teams of Real and Barca would be no match for the English teams at some stage of the competition. Real are going to an English team, Barca won't be far behind them.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2009, 09:13:17 AM »

I'm just as excited Chris dear  :))  Yes i just hope Barca and manU make it a perfect season for me...boy the start to this year has been great...first rafa wins AO, now ManU is at the top and Barca is continuing its top form :))
and if both clubs reach the final, I hope it will not be the case, which club do you want to win the Champions League??  :Confused:

In that wonderful scenario, my loyalties are with barca...your most hated team  :)   Anyway I hope either Barca or manU to win. ://

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2009, 08:16:01 AM »
Tonight!!!!!!!!!!

19:45 GMT, 20:45 CET

Liverpool, Anfield (first leg 1-0)
Liverpool - Real Madrid

Torino, Olimpico Grande Torino (first leg  0-1)
Juventus - Chelsea

Munchen, Frottmaning (first leg 5-0)
Bayern Munich - Sporting Lisbon

Athinai, OAKA Spiros Louis (first leg 2-2)
Panathinaikos - Villarreal

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2009, 02:27:47 PM »

:cheer: C'M0N CHELSEA ! :cheer:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »
Can't believe Liverpool's luck in CL:

'05 vs. Milan: equalise with a penalty that Steven 'we don't tolerate divers at Liverpool' Gerrard admitted he dived for.
'08 vs Inter: Materazzi sent off after a minor petty foul and a dive from...guess who again?
'08 vs Arsenal: insane penalty given to Liverpool in 1st leg, perfectly good penalty denied to Arsenal in 2nd leg, either of those decisions went the other way and Liverpool were out.
'09 vs. Real Madrid: 1st goal given despite foul on Pepe, ridiculous penalty given to Liverpool and Gerrard gets away with a dive and then gets booked for a clear foul, plus a host of minor free-kicks wrongly given to Liverpool.

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »
Lucky that they are playing Real Madrid too, who are absolutely shambolic at the moment.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »
Lucky that they are playing Real Madrid too, who are absolutely shambolic at the moment.

It was basically Casillas vs. 22 tonight  :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2009, 04:45:41 PM »
I completely agree with you both. Real just proved tonight what a sad excuse of a team they have now become and just how strong the English League is compared to the Spanish League.
Just think Real are a top 2 team in their country  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2: yet the 3rd best English team beat them 5-0  :rofl_2:  :rofl_2:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2009, 04:56:36 PM »
 :gleam: :gleam: :gleam:
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2009, 01:25:11 AM »
Huge week this for us, win tonight to knock the Italian Champions out and reach the Quarters and then beat Liverpool on Saturday and finish their Premiership hopes off and take a huge step forward to retaining our League crown.

At Old Trafford, the absolute fortress Inter won't know what's hit them!! and we won't be missing as many chances as we did in Milan so Inter and Mourinho better look out as they're going DOWN!!  :)>>>>  :)>>>>

UNITED :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #237 on: March 11, 2009, 01:43:10 AM »
Go Barca
Go ManU

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »
Early goal for United but pretty poor performance after that; they sat back and nearly paid the price several times. United could have scored again too, though, John O'Shea opted to shoot when Berbatov would have had an open goal to score!

Need to step it up a gear in the second half.

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »
I think we need Park and Tevez playing in these kinds of matches, players who put all their effort in all game long. Ronaldo has been poor but we need to keep him off so I think the 2 I mentioned before should replace Scholes and Berbatov.