Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009  (Read 31351 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009
« Reply #260 on: March 21, 2009, 03:32:10 AM »
And the Semi Final draw is:

Manchester United OR Porto VS Villarreal OR Arsenal

Liverpool OR Chelsea VS Barcelona OR Bayern Munich

This was just crazy when both the Quarter Final and Semi Final draw came out this way as all 6 of these matches were what I said to my friend and colleague at work as my perfect draw :cloud 9: This draw just couldn't have been anymore perfect for us!! United have such a fantastic opportunity to reach the Final again :yahoo: :grind dance: :winner: While 1 of Chelsea and Liverpool and 1 of Barca and Bayern will be out this next round!!
This indeed is perfect for us Chris....imagine...Liverpool or Chelsea will be out  :zipped:
And as for my Barca...I think we should just play our natural game and win without much trouble.  ;-()

Spot on Falcon  :) its perfect that 1 of Liverpool and Chelsea will be out, and then the 2nd favourites for the trophy Barca have Bayern and then Liverpool or Chelsea for the winners- thats tough on all 4 teams there's no doubt.

After the draw United have moved to 2/1 outright favourites now  :) with Barcelona 2nd favourites at 5/2 and Liverpool and Chelsea both around 5/1.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #261 on: March 21, 2009, 03:55:58 AM »

This was just crazy when both the Quarter Final and Semi Final draw came out this way as all 6 of these matches were what I said to my friend and colleague at work as my perfect draw :cloud 9: This draw just couldn't have been anymore perfect for us!! United have such a fantastic opportunity to reach the Final again :yahoo: :grind dance: :winner: While 1 of Chelsea and Liverpool and 1 of Barca and Bayern will be out this next round!!
This indeed is perfect for us Chris....imagine...Liverpool or Chelsea will be out  :zipped:
And as for my Barca...I think we should just play our natural game and win without much trouble.  ;-()

Spot on Falcon  :) its perfect that 1 of Liverpool and Chelsea will be out, and then the 2nd favourites for the trophy Barca have Bayern and then Liverpool or Chelsea for the winners- thats tough on all 4 teams there's no doubt.

After the draw United have moved to 2/1 outright favourites now  :) with Barcelona 2nd favourites at 5/2 and Liverpool and Chelsea both around 5/1.

the matches are on 8 th April right? Bummer...I have a test on 8th... :depressed:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #262 on: March 21, 2009, 05:11:28 AM »

the matches are on 8 th April right? Bummer...I have a test on 8th... :depressed:

You'll be ok Falcon for United then but not Barca. Here is the full schedule:

1st Legs
Tuesday 7th April
Manchester United vs Porto
Villarreal vs Arsenal

Wednesday 8th April
Liverpool vs Chelsea
Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

2nd Legs
Tuesday 14th April
Chelsea vs Liverpool
Bayern Munich vs Barcelona

Wednesday 15th April
Porto vs Manchester United
Arsenal vs Villarreal

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2009, 12:14:48 AM »
Huge week of Champions League football this one! Just 48 hours after beating Aston Villa we face Porto at home in the 1st leg of the Quarter Finals :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Ferdinand and Berbatov both look set to miss out through injury but Rooney, Vidic and Scholes will all be in contention after missing the Aston Villa game.
Arsenal also face Villarreal with the 2 winners of these ties meeting in the Semi Finals!!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #264 on: April 07, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
Porto are all over Man u in the first 20 minnets,1-1 ATM how Porto have not got 2 or 3 more i never know.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2009, 12:25:16 AM »
That was just a shocking night and another very poor performance  :( 2-2 at home to Porto means now we have got to be the first English team ever to win in Porto. Our defenc of this title and sweeping all the major trophies just got much more difficult. We're in trouble now there's no question about that  :(

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2009, 06:02:50 AM »
Maybe it was poor performance,but I wouldn't worry too much Chris,..you should be able to beat them there.
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
Chelsea 3-1 up @ Liverpool,come on the Chelsea.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2009, 03:36:40 PM »
Chelsea beat liverpool 3-1 away from home,liverpool kop that. :))

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2009, 03:39:18 PM »
Chelsea beat liverpool 3-1 away from home,liverpool kop that. :))

:gleam:      :gleam:     :gleam:     :gleam:     :gleam:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
Does anybody doubt which is the best team in Europe right now?  Baaaaaarça!!!!!!!!!!!  :)>>>>

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »
Does anybody doubt which is the best team in Europe right now?  Baaaaaarça!!!!!!!!!!!  :)>>>>

Long as Chelsea & Barcer go into the SF,what its looking like ATM.Borovnia if Chelsea play like tonight there have a great chance.

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »

Long as Chelsea & Barcer go into the SF,what its looking like ATM.Borovnia if Chelsea play like tonight there have a great chance.

the first half of Barça tonight has been probably the best soccer I (and I'm not young) have ever seen. Look at Klinsman saying he had never seen something like this. Chelsea must have played great, I want to see that match later tonight.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:18:53 PM by Borovnia »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2009, 04:33:54 PM »

the first half of Barça tonight has been probably the best soccer I (and I'm not young) have ever seen. Look at Klinsman saying he had never seen something like this. Chelsea must have played great, I want to see that match later tonight.

Iv only seen Barcer goals tonight as i watched chelsea.If both get in SF should be a great game.Messi looked good from the small bit i saw.Chelsea played as good as iv seen them in ages.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »
We hate you all ,we hate you all..Arsenal,Barca,Liverpool !  :gleam:

So,bring that Barca thing to the Bridge,it should be like few years back,,what was it 3goals in 20mins  ..-)  :)) :))

:not worthy:    C'MON CHELSEA !   :not worthy:

TOMMY HAAS

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2009, 12:21:52 AM »
Brilliant, just brilliant, thank you so much Chelsea :yahoo: :grind dance:  :rofl_2:
That was so much fun to watch from 10 minutes onwards- Chelsea played fantastic football, you must be so delighted Luggy and Sid, since even I was cheering so loud when those 3  goals went in  :)) All the Liverpool big talk because they've had a good run of 5 or so games is ended  :)) I'm extremely pleased and happy Chelsea have taken Liverpool apart and all but ended their Champions League hopes :yahoo:

Borovnia about Barca- like I said earlier in the season lets see them against an English team or 2. A team with a rock solid defence like some of the English can look to contain Barca, and that defence of yours I still question and think it can be got at- so yes you've proved your the best team in Spain right now and across Europe, taking out the English teams. Thats going to determine how good Barca are right now.

Offline britbox

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:46 AM »
Chelsea were good value for the 3-1 - no arguments here. They deserved it.  Great first half of football.  We didn't kick on in the second half like I expected but Chelsea continued in the same vein.  The lead going into the second leg looks like a guarantee of a semi final place.
Still, I've seen stranger things happen.  We had 45 minutes to turnaround a 3 goal deficit in the 2005 final and did it and Terry is suspended for the second leg.  Although Realistically, Chelsea are as good as through.   

Had to chuckle at the Manc... We've only lost twice all year in the league so these unbeaten streaks are pretty regular.  Obsession with us is kind of flattering - singing about us at every match you play... he heh.  The Porto game was nothing to write home about either, so I wouldn't be too smug in booking your own place in the semis either.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2009, 03:10:39 AM »
Chelsea were good value for the 3-1 - no arguments here. They deserved it.  Great first half of football.  We didn't kick on in the second half like I expected but Chelsea continued in the same vein.  The lead going into the second leg looks like a guarantee of a semi final place.
Still, I've seen stranger things happen.  We had 45 minutes to turnaround a 3 goal deficit in the 2005 final and did it and Terry is suspended for the second leg.  Although Realistically, Chelsea are as good as through.   

Had to chuckle at the Manc... We've only lost twice all year in the league so these unbeaten streaks are pretty regular.  Obsession with us is kind of flattering - singing about us at every match you play... he heh.  The Porto game was nothing to write home about either, so I wouldn't be too smug in booking your own place in the semis either.

Read above comments from the day before.
No obsession just a hatred which you should expect.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2009, 07:48:42 AM »
I am glad and kinda honored to hear those kind words especially from Liverpool supporter and ManU supp..
I wasn't just delighted ,I was astonished,amazed,thrilled... It was really really great performance and what's better very great win...And even our countryman scoring twice,that was just so unexpected that the whole world couldn't  tell..
OK,I know we are now in magnificent position,but we must keep our head up high and do a little bit more job at home.
P.S.Man U stick around ,I don't wanna see you off vs Porto,about the Gunners -well I don't care much....

TOMMY HAAS

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2009, 08:42:24 AM »
Absolutely brilliant football from my team BARCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:thumbs-up: :applause: :applause: :applause:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason