Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009  (Read 33546 times)

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
Re: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009
« Reply #360 on: May 07, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
Yeah I can back Luggy up 110%, he's one of the most sporting and honest guys you'll ever come across  :) the sort of great guy you could neve have a full argument with or put down as a bad loser or somebody that will make excuses up. Thats why I felt so bad for Luggy last night, as after last year I know how desperate he was to play United again and beat us, so to go out that way, with that many Chelsea chances and then the incredible penalty decisions , must be an absolute killer :(

Luggy is 20 times more sporting than me and I'm not afraid to admit that when I'm talking about such an honest and good guy.

Thx Chris  :)) for a couple of great words towards me,however I am sporting as I must be,pretty realistic in football... It would be so easy just to say that the ref was a disgrace,and that sot of things,but as a fan how not to mention Drogba's so many missed opportunities ?
NeverMind,I need a rest from football ,'til this terrible pain and suffer be gone...Because ,I already saw myself in Rome at Olimpico :-(

But, I am with ManU all the way in the final...I hope they'll finish what Chelsea have started!
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #361 on: May 07, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »
Yeah I can back Luggy up 110%, he's one of the most sporting and honest guys you'll ever come across  :) the sort of great guy you could neve have a full argument with or put down as a bad loser or somebody that will make excuses up. Thats why I felt so bad for Luggy last night, as after last year I know how desperate he was to play United again and beat us, so to go out that way, with that many Chelsea chances and then the incredible penalty decisions , must be an absolute killer :(

Luggy is 20 times more sporting than me and I'm not afraid to admit that when I'm talking about such an honest and good guy.

Thx Chris  :)) for a couple of great words towards me,however I am sporting as I must be,pretty realistic in football... It would be so easy just to say that the ref was a disgrace,and that sot of things,but as a fan how not to mention Drogba's so many missed opportunities ?
NeverMind,I need a rest from football ,'til this terrible pain and suffer be gone...Because ,I already saw myself in Rome at Olimpico :-(

But, I am with ManU all the way in the final...I hope they'll finish what Chelsea have started!

I admire how you've taken it Luggy and your words since last night, lets just put it this way, had United gone out as Chelsea did last night I'd have been stir crazy with everything that had gone on, and been pretty terrible with regards to everything. For sure Drogba should have finished Barcelona off for you and I think his rant at the end had something to do with him knowing deep down he should have put the tie away. When you say you already saw yourself and Chelsea at the Olimpico Rome, that really does make me sad :( because I just know what you must be going through, when I consider myself in that situation :( Chelsea will be even more determined next year, so this group of players aren't finished just yet.

I'm really glad we'll have your support come May 27th, and I hope more than anything in this world we'll end the Barcelona dream, that Chelsea looked set to end and reign over Europe and World football once again :cloud 9: :winner:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2009, 12:49:56 AM »
Sorry Lug, you are a nice guy  :( I shouldn't have said those things....Commiserations...Chelsea is teh only team that has successfully been doing well despite their internal troubles....they'll be back with a  bang Lug...

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »
Sorry Lug, you are a nice guy  :( I shouldn't have said those things....Commiserations...Chelsea is teh only team that has successfully been doing well despite their internal troubles....they'll be back with a  bang Lug...

Hi falcon  :cool: no need to apologize as I can't remember if any of your words were insulting. You are true Barca fan and I am so glad that we have on this forum so many different supporters... It was good game of football,for us Chelsea fans - simply Sad but True... 

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2009, 04:16:06 PM »
Henry in Final fitness race
Barca ace to miss next four games with knee injury
skysports.com

Barcelona forward Thierry Henry is facing a battle to be fit for the UEFA Champions League final against Manchester United.

Henry suffered a knee injury in last week's 6-2 thrashing of Real Madrid and the severity of the problem was initially played down.

The French ace was included in the squad which travelled to London for the second leg of the semi-final tie with Chelsea.

He eventually sat out the 1-1 draw which allowed Barcelona to progress on away goals and advance to a final date with holders United in Rome on 27th May.

However, Henry is struggling to recover in time to be available for the game after further tests showed he has suffered a strain to his anterior cruciate ligament.

Club doctors have confirmed that the former Arsenal captain will miss the next four games, including the Copa del Rey final against Athletic Bilbao.

Henry will also sit out the Primera Division fixtures against Villarreal, Mallorca and Osasuna as Barcelona look to wrap up the domestic title.

The club have confirmed that the 31-year-old is undergoing 'specific treatment' in an attempt to be fit for the showdown with United later this month.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #365 on: May 08, 2009, 04:39:23 PM »
Henry in Final fitness race
Barca ace to miss next four games with knee injury
skysports.com

Barcelona forward Thierry Henry is facing a battle to be fit for the UEFA Champions League final against Manchester United.

Henry suffered a knee injury in last week's 6-2 thrashing of Real Madrid and the severity of the problem was initially played down.

The French ace was included in the squad which travelled to London for the second leg of the semi-final tie with Chelsea.

He eventually sat out the 1-1 draw which allowed Barcelona to progress on away goals and advance to a final date with holders United in Rome on 27th May.

However, Henry is struggling to recover in time to be available for the game after further tests showed he has suffered a strain to his anterior cruciate ligament.

Club doctors have confirmed that the former Arsenal captain will miss the next four games, including the Copa del Rey final against Athletic Bilbao.

Henry will also sit out the Primera Division fixtures against Villarreal, Mallorca and Osasuna as Barcelona look to wrap up the domestic title.

The club have confirmed that the 31-year-old is undergoing 'specific treatment' in an attempt to be fit for the showdown with United later this month.

ya no good news there :(   

:ranting: you Sergio Ramos!!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2009, 10:06:01 PM »
 ;>) I like him so much....I'll miss him for sure

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2009, 02:39:53 AM »
I wouldn't worry too much right now guys. He's got 17 days to rest and get fit, and when a Champions League Final is at stake everything will be done for Henry to play in the game. I think he'll be in Rome, playing.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2009, 04:31:22 AM »
Hopefully Chris...I want the best from all players in Rome.

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2009, 04:59:32 AM »

that won't happen, Alves & Abidal from Barcelona and Fletcher from ManU are suspended.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2009, 05:57:46 AM »

that won't happen, Alves & Abidal from Barcelona and Fletcher from ManU are suspended.

Judging from his performance on Wednesday, Dani Alves is in no way one of the best players. His defending was weak and his crosdsing was biblically crap.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #371 on: May 09, 2009, 08:24:13 AM »

Judging from his performance on Wednesday, Dani Alves is in no way one of the best players. His defending was weak and his crosdsing was biblically crap.
Nicely said,he ain't noting but very nervous player and arrogant..Those crossing are really terrible. He is kinda player that is really easy to upset.

TOMMY HAAS

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #372 on: May 09, 2009, 10:17:34 AM »
Am I missing something here? Why are Sky Sports showing a stream of letters from angry Chelski fans about how cheated they are? All I saw was:
2 'handballs' that were blatantly ball to hand, and therefore not penalties.
Drogba go down when Toure clearly took the ball and dive against Abidal.
Malouda try and run through Pique and ask for a penalty when Pique didn't obligingly get out of the way.
Anelka dive 2 steps after barely brushing past Abidal when he was clean through on goal, to get Abidal sent off.

So, I think the referee made 1 big wrong decision and it went in favour of Chelski. But I have no doubt sid and Lugburz will tell me Chelski should;ve had 5 penalties, it's all a conspiracy, Anelka was tripped by Abidal and isn't diving cheating scum (yes, we have Ronaldo but you have Drogba, Ballack and Anelka) and that Terry, Ballack and especially Drogba were justified in their disgusting abuse of the referee at the end?

wow KS I thought you know me...
And all of you Chelsea haters,I even didn't expect that you'll find some kind words...But let me say this,Barca as a team are just good entertainment for the TV and nothing more...no real football there,and have been driven by Chelsea yesterday.
I don't wanna be angry on the refs,and barca players...and just for the kickserve I am angry with the players who should have scored at least 5 goals...

Bottom line,my heart is totally broken,not because the refs, but the fact that we had Barca on their knees and could do even more.........

Just back today from Holiday's on fishing trip.I watched the match with loads of friends in a pub in Crew.3 of my friends are Man u fans,& thay all said Chelsea was cheated out of the match.My friends said that FIFA had told the ref not 2 let it be a all English final.I get loads of sick most times from my friends as I'm a Chelsea fan,but in the C/L SF not one of the had a pop @ me.In all there were 14 of us on our fishing trip.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2009, 02:29:20 AM »
Am I missing something here? Why are Sky Sports showing a stream of letters from angry Chelski fans about how cheated they are? All I saw was:
Malouda try and run through Pique and ask for a penalty when Pique didn't obligingly get out of the way.
Anelka dive 2 steps after barely brushing past Abidal when he was clean through on goal, to get Abidal sent off.

So, I think the referee made 1 big wrong decision and it went in favour of Chelski. But I have no doubt sid and Lugburz will tell me Chelski should;ve had 5 penalties, it's all a conspiracy, Anelka was tripped by Abidal and isn't diving cheating scum (yes, we have Ronaldo but you have Drogba, Ballack and Anelka) and that Terry, Ballack and especially Drogba were justified in their disgusting abuse of the referee at the end?

And all of you Chelsea haters,I even didn't expect that you'll find some kind words...But let me say this,Barca as a team are just good entertainment for the TV and nothing more...no real football there,and have been driven by Chelsea yesterday.
I don't wanna be angry on the refs,and barca players...and just for the kickserve I am angry with the players who should have scored at least 5 goals...

Bottom line,my heart is totally broken,not because the refs, but the fact that we had Barca on their knees and could do even more.........

Just back today from Holiday's on fishing trip.I watched the match with loads of friends in a pub in Crew.3 of my friends are Man u fans,& thay all said Chelsea was cheated out of the match.My friends said that FIFA had told the ref not 2 let it be a all English final.I get loads of sick most times from my friends as I'm a Chelsea fan,but in the C/L SF not one of the had a pop @ me.In all there were 14 of us on our fishing trip.

Wow, you've found a couple of man utd. fans that gave in go the constant barrage from blinded pundits. Whaddya know, i've found a Chelski fan (Lugburz) who blames the defeat on your strikers missing chances rather than some ridiculous half-baked conspiracy theory. Having looed back at it, I think the Pique handball was a penalty, but none of the others were, and it was cancelled out IMO by the disgusting dive by Anelka that got Abidal sent off.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #374 on: May 11, 2009, 08:11:37 AM »
OK I need to sum things down after couple of days with sadness...
I stand once again for everything that I've said,and I don't think our defeat is so relevant to the refs.
It's easy to say that we haven't been lucky in the CL for past few years,that nonexisting goal vs Liverpool,so many red cards vs Barca over he years,now this etc....but we surely must take a deep scan on our side..Drogba's missed chances when we could lead by 2 or more goals.
Nobody said that could have been Hiddink's fault,well I am calling on it,he made some crucial mistakes in the finish..And now controversial stuffs,as I am a huge fan of English game I really don't care about the penalties that could have been or should have been when it was about some tackles or pushing-I prefer tough match...Of course for some people that could be enough to take all the necessary blame on the ref.But that just don't work for me.So that's clear,but that handball!! when Anelka was going for goal,that was a huge mistake,because if that handball haven't been Anelka would do the rest of the job...After all,when everything is said about the refs I agree on the only one thing--maybe the ref really wasn't up for the challenge he had been given...
Bottom line,it was great football game(from Chelsea aspect of view) and sh!t happens so we have to overcome it and did it with class yesterday by beating North side Gunners 1-4 !!

TOMMY HAAS

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #375 on: May 11, 2009, 12:43:25 PM »

Wow, you've found a couple of man utd. fans that gave in go the constant barrage from blinded pundits. Whaddya know, i've found a Chelski fan (Lugburz) who blames the defeat on your strikers missing chances rather than some ridiculous half-baked conspiracy theory. Having looed back at it, I think the Pique handball was a penalty, but none of the others were, and it was cancelled out IMO by the disgusting dive by Anelka that got Abidal sent off.

Kickserve i live in the north uk,but i was born in London.3 lads are M/U fans,2 M/C,2 leeds fans,2 Blackburn fans as well as Blackpool fans.On the Reff im just saying what thay said about the Reff.I expected to get stick & iv been in shock that i never got any from the boys.On the Reff im just saying what thay said 2 me,i will leave others to make there own mind up on pens here.Game is over & we are out,just wonder if that had been MAN/U,what might have been said on this board.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2009, 05:04:03 AM »
Can hardly wait  :shakey:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2009, 02:08:27 PM »
I'm just relieved as each day passes by right now, and I get to go to bed each night because the nerves and worry have well and truly started for me  :scared: I'm finding now just like last year all I can think about and imagine is the Final. I just want to get there now to Wednesday, thing is then I will be 50 times as bad and just a complete wreck. I'm not even sure if I'm working in the day yet on Wednesday as I won't be much used to anybody there  :scared: Such amazing excitment but also incredible nerves and just trying to not imagine the worst- I just can't!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #378 on: May 24, 2009, 02:47:31 PM »
Pretty nice story coming out today from the Barcelona camp. At the start of the season Pep Guardiola sat the Barca team down and spoke to them about playing just like a certain team and a certain player in particular. He wanted them to play football the way they did as they won a lot of trophies and were/are the best team in the world. He wanted them to play like this player who runs all day long, chases back and gives everything and more for the teams course.

This team and player are Manchester United and Wayne Rooney  :cool: How amazing is that when you consider they now meet for the greatest trophy in club football(for me football altogether)  :king:

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #379 on: May 24, 2009, 09:10:06 PM »
^^^
Nice stuff there Chris  :))  For sure Rooney is an inspirational player but barca plays a different style of football....so its going to be really interesting to see how this pans out..also we do hope that henri will be fit for the match too. ://