Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009  (Read 33467 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »
We battered Chelsea first half though in Moscow and had we taken our chances would have been 4 up by halftime. In the 2nd half Chelsea were much the better team with our players at some stages looking as if they knew the game should have been over first half. Penalties was probably the only way the 2 teams could be separated, they were that evenly matched.
I agree on that!!!
5' MU little chance, Hargreaves
15' MU chance, Hargreaves
26' MU GOAL Ronaldo
27' Chelsea, little chance, Lampard (31' ball possession MU 65%-CH 35%)
33' Chelsea, chance Ballack
34' MU 2 big chances, Tevez and Carrick
41' MU big chance, Tevez
43' Chelsea chance, Ballack
44' CHELSEA GOAL LAMPARD
54' Chelsea chance Essien
57' Chelsea chance Ballack
77' Chelsea, big chance -hitting the post Drogba 81' shots on goal MU 7 -CH 17
94' Chelsea again hitting the post - Lampard
100' MU big chance Giggs
111' Chelsea chance Drogba
115' Drogba sent off, 5 minutes before the end of match. Tevez very clever -typical argentinian.
and then penalties.
CT, you know the two reasons why I wanted Manchester United to win this title!

Brilliant breakdown and a reminder of the incredible night :yahoo: :shakey:

Yeah I know the 2 reasons why you wanted United to become Champions of Europe- one because you love me  :rofl_2:
:rofl_2: LOL!!! that's the third reason!!! you know when they were in the penalty-drama, I thought about you: "Chris is going to faint away" :)
I knew the match was very important for you!!!  :)
I thought that MU was going to win in penalties after Chelsea hit the post twice. when you have chances like that and you dont score....
then Ronaldo missed and I thought well Ronaldo is going to be the loser for Manchester United (big story) but...when I saw Terry ready for match point I was not sure he was going to score, (centre back scoring a penalty is risky), when Terry missed I was convinced MU was going to win.
then came Anelka, and well he was considered the worst striker to play for Real Madrid in decades...so it was no surprise he missed and...
MANCHESTER UNITED 2008 CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!  :))

I had most of my friends and work friends thinking I was going to faint away or have a heart attack too. During the penalties a couple of them rang me and i was in such a state and mood at the time I just picked my phone up and threw it straight towards the wall  :rofl_2: That match was all I was thinking about for a few days before and even at night I was having thoughts and dreams about it. It was an unreal experience and even now when you talk about all those incidents during the amtch and when I watch highlights of it I still get really nervous. When Ronaldo missed the penalty I said it was the worst night of my life, I had a few tears of sadness and the na few minutes later it was one of the best nights of my life, I had tears and happiness and we were the Champions of Europe :shakey: :yahoo:

Do you never think you take the GAME a little too seriously?

Many would say thats the case, but I've been following Football and United since I was 4 years of age so I've never known anything different and as a result thats how many passion has developed to what it is now. I'm only like this with 1 or two other things though. Maria is obviously one, with the possibility of only 1 more person being added to that list if she was to continue for a fair time yet.

The other one being Nastia, I take it?

Yeah I'd have to say there's only really Nastia with a chance to get close to the obvious 2 for me, but in terms of my emotion going into her sport as it is for United and Maria she'd have to compete well into next year. Then I could see Nastia being the only person to get into that bracket with United and Maria  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
We battered Chelsea first half though in Moscow and had we taken our chances would have been 4 up by halftime. In the 2nd half Chelsea were much the better team with our players at some stages looking as if they knew the game should have been over first half. Penalties was probably the only way the 2 teams could be separated, they were that evenly matched.
I agree on that!!!
26' MU GOAL Ronaldo
41' MU big chance, Tevez
44' CHELSEA GOAL LAMPARD
100' MU big chance Giggs
115' Drogba sent off, 5 minutes before the end of match. Tevez very clever -typical argentinian.
and then penalties.

Yeah I know the 2 reasons why you wanted United to become Champions of Europe- one because you love me  :rofl_2:
:rofl_2: LOL!!! that's the third reason!!! you know when they were in the penalty-drama, I thought about you: "Chris is going to faint away" :)
I thought that MU was going to win in penalties after Chelsea hit the post twice. when you have chances like that and you dont score....
then Ronaldo missed and I thought well Ronaldo is going to be the loser for Manchester United (big story) but...when I saw Terry ready for match point I was not sure he was going to score, (centre back scoring a penalty is risky), when Terry missed I was convinced MU was going to win.
then came Anelka, and well he was considered the worst striker to play for Real Madrid in decades...so it was no surprise he missed and...

I had most of my friends and work friends thinking I was going to faint away or have a heart attack too. During the penalties a couple of them rang me and i was in such a state and mood at the time I just picked my phone up and threw it straight towards the wall  :rofl_2: That match was all I was thinking about for a few days before and even at night I was having thoughts and dreams about it. It was an unreal experience and even now when you talk about all those incidents during the amtch and when I watch highlights of it I still get really nervous. When Ronaldo missed the penalty I said it was the worst night of my life, I had a few tears of sadness and the na few minutes later it was one of the best nights of my life, I had tears and happiness and we were the Champions of Europe :shakey: :yahoo:

Many would say thats the case, but I've been following Football and United since I was 4 years of age so I've never known anything different and as a result thats how many passion has developed to what it is now. I'm only like this with 1 or two other things though. Maria is obviously one, with the possibility of only 1 more person being added to that list if she was to continue for a fair time yet.

Yeah I'd have to say there's only really Nastia with a chance to get close to the obvious 2 for me, but in terms of my emotion going into her sport as it is for United and Maria she'd have to compete well into next year. Then I could see Nastia being the only person to get into that bracket with United and Maria  :)

I'm guessing you have some very understanding friends?

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2008, 07:29:40 PM »
Tonight is my night out with friends,so i could not comment before on what was said.The final was a close run thing & i thought we were the better team.Credit to Man u thay won on pens arrrrrrrr there.As for the votes on players,its loads of teams round Europe.So its not say just the UK that votes come from.This to me sounds like who we like or diss like,for football teams & who gets the votes on there players.If your a Man u fan you anit going to like Lampard,lol this is a fact.Im just the same on Man u players.I live in the real world,some you win others you lose.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2008, 12:07:36 AM »
I agree on that!!!
26' MU GOAL Ronaldo
41' MU big chance, Tevez
44' CHELSEA GOAL LAMPARD
100' MU big chance Giggs
and then penalties.

I'm guessing you have some very understanding friends?

Yeah probably true- but I'd say I've got respectful friends who appreciate that they're my my interests and big passions in my life. Where I am though is a very strong football area so a lot of my fans absolutely love their football and their team- so that they understand from their own experiences. Maria they've known I've liked for so long and after 5 and a half years completely understand why she's such a favourite of mine. Then Nastia they're learning how much I like her now. With it not being a whole list of things that I like then they appreciate why I feel so strong about this very small group.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2008, 06:15:45 AM »
Tonight is my night out with friends,so i could not comment before on what was said.The final was a close run thing & i thought we were the better team.Credit to Man u thay won on pens arrrrrrrr there.As for the votes on players,its loads of teams round Europe.So its not say just the UK that votes come from.This to me sounds like who we like or diss like,for football teams & who gets the votes on there players.If your a Man u fan you anit going to like Lampard,lol this is a fact.Im just the same on Man u players.I live in the real world,some you win others you lose.

And yet I'm saying that Gerrard and Fabregas are better than him, not claiming any Man Utd players  :whistle:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2008, 10:11:41 AM »
for Spanish fans, Lampard is probably the best British player right now.
Barça in the past season was very interested to sign Lampard.
Ranking: 1 Lampard, 2 Gerrard, 3 Scholes.
Giggs is too old now but he is considered the best British player since Lineker.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2008, 10:56:53 AM »
for Spanish fans, Lampard is probably the best British player right now.
Barça in the past season was very interested to sign Lampard.
Ranking: 1 Lampard, 2 Gerrard, 3 Scholes.
Giggs is too old now but he is considered the best British player since Lineker.

KS see above how people think ;-() Its not just the uk who vote as 2 this below.

(And yet I'm saying that Gerrard and Fabregas are better than him, not claiming any Man Utd players)

Spanish fans Voted for Lampard by the looks,Fabregas is Spanish ..-)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2008, 03:04:36 PM »
Chelsea are 2-0 up atm & liverpool are 2-1 up atm.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2008, 03:42:18 PM »
Liverpool won 2-1 in Marseille with Gerrard getting both. While Chelsea won 4-0 at home.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2008, 03:47:13 PM »
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE RESULTS

GROUP A:
Chelsea 4-0 Bordeaux
Roma 1-2 CFR Cluj-Napoca
GROUP B:
Panathinaikos 0-2 Inter Milan
Werder Bremen 0-0 Anorthosis Famagusta
GROUP C:
Barcelona 3-1 Sporting
Basle 1-2 Shakhtar Donetsk
GROUP D:
Marseille 1-2 Liverpool
PSV 0-3 Atletico Madrid

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2008, 03:48:59 PM »
Chelsea 4-0 Bordeaux 
By Phil McNulty 

Frank Lampard wheels away after scoring Chelsea's opener
Chelsea opened their Champions League campaign in emphatic fashion with a comfortable win against Bordeaux.

Frank Lampard headed Chelsea in front after only 14 minutes from Jose Bosingwa's perfect right-wing cross.

Joe Cole then glanced in Lampard's corner on the half-hour as Chelsea took complete control.

Florent Malouda added the third with a driven left-foot shot eight minutes from time and Nicolas Anelka tapped in a fourth in injury time.

606: DEBATE
How will Chelsea do in the Champions League this season?

Bordeaux were tame opposition, with Chelsea keeper Petr Cech not forced into serious action at any point, but it was still an impressive show as the Premier League leaders continued the form that has taken them to the summit.

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari, predictably, named the same team that outclassed Manchester City on Saturday - and they continued in imperious form.

It took last season's runners-up only 14 minutes to take the lead, Lampard arriving in a central position only six yards out to head Bosingwa's superb cross beyond Ulrich Rame.

Rame then saved well from Anelka and John Terry headed Lampard's free-kick just wide before Joe Cole deservedly doubled Chelsea's advantage on the half-hour.

Lampard swung a corner into the near post and the England midfield man rose above the Bordeaux defence to glance home a neat header.

Lampard should have piled on the misery for Bordeaux three minutes later, but he uncharacteristically dragged a simple finish wide from close range.

Bordeaux, as they had to, showed greater ambition after the break and Fernando gave Chelsea a moment of anxiety after 50 minutes when he shot just wide.

Scolari, with the game seemingly under control, decided to make a change on the hour when he sent on fit-again Michael Ballack for Deco.

And Anelka should have wrapped things up almost immediately, but he shot into the side-netting from an angle.

Chelsea had taken their foot off the gas after the break and Scolari went through his full range of arm-waving as he became increasingly agitated with his side.

And his theatrics had the desired effect as they scored a beautifully fashioned third with eight minutes left.

Jon Mikel Obi opened up the Bordeaux defence with a powerful surge, and when Lampard released Malouda with a clever flick, the Frenchman fired an emphatic left-foot finish across Rame.

Ricardo Carvalho then headed against the bar and Anelka drove inches wide as Chelsea ended the game as they begun it, in complete control.

And they rounded off the night in style when Anelka slotted in a simple fourth after substitute Juliano Belletti's long-range shot rebounded into his path off the bar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole, Obi, Joe Cole (Belletti 74), Deco (Ballack 61), Lampard, Malouda (Kalou 84), Anelka.
Subs Not Used: Hilario, Di Santo, Ferreira, Alex.

Booked: Deco.

Goals: Lampard 14, Joe Cole 30, Malouda 82, Anelka 90.

Bordeaux: Rame, Jurietti, Diawara, Planus, Placente, Diarra, Menegazzo (Ducasse 74), Gouffran (Obertan 65), Gourcuff, Wendell, Chamakh (Cavenaghi 65).
Subs Not Used: Valverde, Henrique, Bellion, Traore.

Att: 39,635

Ref: Pieter Vink (Holland).

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Chelsea's Frank Lampard 8.03 (on 90 minutes).

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2008, 03:49:12 PM »
Roma being beaten at home is for sure a real surprise, as they're usually a very strong team in this, especially at home. While its good to see the other Madrid- Atletico looking so strong- superb win at PSV that is!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2008, 03:52:29 PM »
Liverpool won 2-1 in Marseille with Gerrard getting both. While Chelsea won 4-0 at home.

Hi Chris i hope for more of this when we play Man U,i know your feel different 2 me.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2008, 03:55:59 PM »

Hi Chris i hope for more of this when we play Man U,i know your feel different 2 me.

Yeah Sid, if I'm polite and dishonest I'll say I just 'slightly' hope for a very different result to what you're hoping for  :rofl_2: I'm a little concerned for Sunday as we're definitely without 2 key players in Vidic and Carrick and another couple of players have knocks and we've still got tomorrows game to come before it. However, Ronnie is back on the bench tomorrow it seems and should start vs you :yahoo: :grind dance: :shakey:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 03:56:32 PM by Chris1987 »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »

Yeah Sid, if I'm polite and dishonest I'll say I just 'slightly' hope for a very different result to what you're hoping for  :rofl_2: I'm a little concerned for Sunday as we're definitely without 2 key players in Vidic and Carrick and another couple of players have knocks and we've still got tomorrows game to come before it. However, Ronnie is back on the bench tomorrow it seems and should start vs you :yahoo: :grind dance: :shakey:

I kept things polite here as well,we have J/T in that I'm pleased about.Its never easy for anyone comming to Chelsea,our home record tell this.I know Man U will have a right go @ Chelsea to try close the gap.If you lose this game Man U will have there work cut out.Even so soon in the prem its a big game for both clubs.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
Atletico came back in Fashion! PSV 0 - 3 Atletico!
PSV champions of Holland last 4 seasons. Fans of PSV have seen two of the greatest stars started there two of the best football careers in last 15 years: Romario and Ronaldo first club in Europe was PSV, Romario 88-93, Ronaldo 94-96.
Tonight they saw again a very young and mega talented young player:
Kun Aguero, what a great player! remember that name!!!

Rome 1 - 2 Cluj!! upset of day 1 in the stadium of this year final.

Bremen 0 - 0 Anorthosis -cypriot football improving a lot.

Panathinaikos 0 - 2 Inter, Italian giants starting very well!!!!!!!!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
Well done Steven Gerrard, anyone would concede that that first goal was an amazing strike, and the winner was good too! And also great job from Reina preventing all of Marseille's attacks!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2008, 01:29:13 PM »
Well done Steven Gerrard, anyone would concede that that first goal was an amazing strike, and the winner was good too! And also great job from Reina preventing all of Marseille's attacks!

Liverpool got a win but played bad,Marseille were all over liverpool in the last 20 minnets.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2008, 01:37:42 PM »
Here we go then start of our defence vs Villarreal at Old Trafford :yahoo: Few injuries though unfortunately but should hopefully be 3 points and a good start here tonight :cheer: :cheer:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2008, 01:41:27 PM »
Here we go then start of our defence vs Villarreal at Old Trafford :yahoo: Few injuries though unfortunately but should hopefully be 3 points and a good start here tonight :cheer: :cheer:

Hi Chris iv 2 tvs on one with Man Utd & other with Arsenal.Chelsea & Liverpool have wins,now we see if the other 2 English clubs can win???