Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009  (Read 31645 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2008, 12:39:33 AM »
BjornBorg or Aalborg? ..-) LOL! just watched the goals and what a wonderful assist!!  :rofl_2:
Arsenal demolishing twice CL champion Porto 4-0!!!  :cool:

You can only beat the team in front of you that day and we had to do that after drawing our first match, so although Aalborg are a small team we couldn't afford to take them lightly. Just look at Arsenal at home at the weekend against a pretty small and promoted team like Hull- football's a funny game  :)
But yeah Ronaldo put a nice assist in for Berbatov's 2nd, Giggs put a great throughball into Rooney's path for his goal, but Berbatov's first was gifted to him by the Aalborg player perfectly  :rofl_2:

Very impressive win for Arsenal and just what they needed after the weekend. To beat Porto 4-0 is a very good win for sure.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2008, 12:49:54 AM »
BjornBorg or Aalborg? ..-) LOL! just watched the goals and what a wonderful assist!!  :rofl_2:
Arsenal demolishing twice CL champion Porto 4-0!!!  :cool:

You can only beat the team in front of you that day and we had to do that after drawing our first match, so although Aalborg are a small team we couldn't afford to take them lightly. Just look at Arsenal at home at the weekend against a pretty small and promoted team like Hull- football's a funny game  :)
But yeah Ronaldo put a nice assist in for Berbatov's 2nd, Giggs put a great throughball into Rooney's path for his goal, but Berbatov's first was gifted to him by the Aalborg player perfectly  :rofl_2:

Very impressive win for Arsenal and just what they needed after the weekend. To beat Porto 4-0 is a very good win for sure.
Ronney's goal was great, brilliant stuff!!
the mistake of aalborg in the first goal of Berbatov was that ind of stuff we see in the most funny goals/mistakes of the season. instant classic!!  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
Arsenal was lucky, with 0-0, Porto hit the crossboar!! but quite a great display of attacking football.
I want to watch Manchester United at Villarreal, Senna scored another wonderful free kick yesterday! :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2008, 12:15:53 AM »
Chelsea fans are quiet I see  :rofl_2: I wonder if that has anything to do with a 0-0 result away at minnows Cluj  :)~ Liverpool won 3-1 at home to PSV last night as well to keep their 100% record in the group going.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »
A brilliant performance by Liverpool last night which was significant in 2 main ways.

1. Robbie Keane has opened his goalscoring account and hopefully will open the floodgates for many more,
2. Steven Gerrard scored his 100th Liverpool goal in a stunning fashion, a marvellous free-kick saw the goalkeeper unable to reach the ball, a fantastic strike, everyone has to admit.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2008, 11:15:56 AM »
Chelsea fans are quiet I see  :rofl_2: I wonder if that has anything to do with a 0-0 result away at minnows Cluj  :)~ Liverpool won 3-1 at home to PSV last night as well to keep their 100% record in the group going.

:(...
looks like Liverpool started well this season like they hadn't last years ... And Chris don't be worry about us  :)~ as always we wan't have any problems getting the phase 2 ;-()
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »

looks like Liverpool started well this season like they hadn't last years ... And Chris don't be worry about us  :)~ as always we wan't have any problems getting the phase 2 ;-()

I spend enough time worrying about my team and my players to worry about Chelsea  :rofl_2: You will for sure comfortably get to the 2nd round of the competition. Liverpool usually start well but then drop off and fade and I expect to see that happening once again this year- in the Premiership in particular.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2008, 11:22:03 AM »

I spend enough time worrying about my team and my players to worry about Chelsea  :rofl_2: You will for sure comfortably get to the 2nd round of the competition. Liverpool usually start well but then drop off and fade and I expect to see that happening once again this year- in the Premiership in particular.

You wish Chris, we'll just keep beating any decent team and only managing a draw against the not-so-good teams and that'll see us finish top 2 at least!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2008, 11:52:50 AM »

You wish Chris, we'll just keep beating any decent team and only managing a draw against the not-so-good teams and that'll see us finish top 2 at least!

Nah I don't need to wish since it happens every year and your result with Stoke after beating us told me that this year is not going to be any different. I see you getting 3rd place this year ahead of Arsenal.

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2008, 11:55:22 AM »

Nah I don't need to wish since it happens every year and your result with Stoke after beating us told me that this year is not going to be any different. I see you getting 3rd place this year ahead of Arsenal.

Well said !  :)) And even that is too much for them  :rofl_2:  :gleam:

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #129 on: October 02, 2008, 11:56:52 AM »

:rofl_2: I can't tell you how much I want you to be right with that one  :rofl_2:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #130 on: October 02, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »

:rofl_2: I can't tell you how much I want you to be right with that one  :rofl_2:

Sit down and just relax  :)) everything shall be as expected  ;-()

TOMMY HAAS

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »
Champions League - European Power Rankings

There is no change at the top of the Power Rankings this week as Liverpool continue to set the early season pace across Europe.

We take into account both domestic and Champions League performances, plus the relative difficulty of each team's league, to find out who is the best team in Europe.

With no European fixtures since the last update, the Reds retain their top spot thanks to a Fernando Torres brace and Dirk Kuyt's last gasp winner against Manchester City, while Chelsea's destruction of Aston Villa sees them jump a place to sixth.

Manchester United finally seem to be hitting some kind of form, and the European champions' latest win - a 2-0 victory against Blackburn - sees them edge up into 10th, just behind Arsenal, who only managed a draw against Sunderland and drop a place.

A posse of Spanish clubs are still hanging on to Liverpool's coattails, with Barcelona moving up to joint second alongside Real Madrid and Villarreal grabbing fourth ahead of Atletico Madrid.

But it was a bad weekend for Juventus and Roma; both clubs lost in Serie A, although the capital club managed to hold on to 18th position.

And finally, Bundesliga side Werder Bremen's 4-1 defeat to Stuttgart sees them drop out of the top 20 with Shakhtar Donetsk taking their place in our exclusive club thanks to a 3-0 away win.

1. (1) Liverpool - 27.14

2=. (2=) Real Madrid - 25.83

2=. (4) Barcelona - 25.83

4. (5) Villarreal - 23.33

5. (2=) Atletico Madrid - 22.50

6. (7) Chelsea - 22.14

7. (6) Anorthosis Famagusta - 22.00

8. (8=) Internazionale - 20.83

9. (8=) Arsenal - 19.29

10. (11) Manchester United - 19.17

11. (10) Juventus - 17.50

12. (16) Porto - 17.40

13. (15) CFR Cluj - 16.40

14. (14) Bayern Munich - 15.79

15. (13) Lyon - 15.69

16. (12) Sporting Lisbon - 15.60

17. (17) Dynamo Kiev - 15.00

18=. (18) Roma - 13.33

18=. (20) Fiorentina - 13.33

20. (-) Shakhtar Donetsk - 12.30

-eurosport.com-
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »
Woop!!! Go Liverpool!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2008, 01:01:17 PM »
Another big night tonight!! We're at Old Trafford in the Battle of Britain vs Celtic  :)>>>> 3 points needed here and qualification will be getting ever so close still with 3 games to play :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2008, 03:50:49 PM »
3-0 for United vs Celtic :grind dance: :yahoo: :applause: Very good performance again tonight from us, completely dominating Celtic from start to finish. Rooney got one for his 9th in his last 7 games, and Berbatov scored 2. Both of those were just about offside but Rooney had 1 disallowed that was clearly onside. A Uinted win in 2 weeks guarantees progression to the next round, and then it will just be about claiming top spot over Villarreal.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »
Celtic manager Gorden Strachan in his interview describes Manchester United as:
"The Best Club side in the World"

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2008, 12:42:01 PM »
Hey, my 2 teams are 1,2 (Arsenal, Villarreal) atop their group.  :)
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »
Chelsea have the break & gone one up with J/T getting the goal.

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2008, 04:00:45 PM »
Roma 3-1 Chelsea
Liverpool 1-1 Atletico Madrid

Nice dive from Gerrard in the last minute there, great work on his part. Also not hypocritical of him at all to condemn others for diving last year  :good:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2008, 04:07:11 PM »
Couldn't agree with you anymore Somil- what a fantastic way to cheat your way to a point and this aafter criticising others- supposed thats the 2 faced Gerrard for you  ..-) He makes me sooo mad that man :ranting:
Another last gasp Liverpool goal  ..-)

Chelsea taken to pieces by Roma then! Didn't see such a one sided victory being played out in this one- I thought Chelsea would give Roma a real game but seems the Italians were just too strong on the night for Chelsea. Just think Sid we went out there just 5 months ago and dominated them and beat them confortably 2-0 in the Olympic Stadium  :)~