Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009  (Read 31526 times)

Offline Yiyo

• Tennis Addict
  • GLADIATOR: THE KING OF CLAY
Re: UEFA Champions League 2008/2009
« Reply #400 on: May 27, 2009, 03:59:59 PM »
The best team I ever seen, even better than the Cryuff's Barça of the 90's...amazing, simply amazing
"In the last game, I didn't see nothing. The true, I wasn't see nothing, no?" Nadal about the 2008 Wimbledon final

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »
Wow Congrats Barca  :)) a pleasure to watch as always  :gleam:

Barca have the best midfield in the world  :gleam:  Iniesta  :worthy:

Messi is a team player, his restraint for the team tonight was great  :gleam: , they controlled the game as a team, Ronaldo is a petulent arrogant player who only plays for himself  :zipped:

Well done Guardiola  :applause: he's sorted them out

Football won tonight, Barca play the better football and are better technically

:gleam:

A pleasure to watch Barca  :applause: :worthy:
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #402 on: May 27, 2009, 05:05:52 PM »
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where is that cool banana dancing yellowball had?  :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #403 on: May 28, 2009, 12:13:06 AM »
I'm devastated, just completely devastated  :(  :(  :( Firstly I must say well done to them, as well as Borvnia and Falcon. Great season, good match you played last night and a season you'll always remember.
I'm not going to say too much. From United's point of view just devastated that we didn't show the real United out there last night. Not one of our players played even close to well, our stars went missing basically, we passed as bad as I've seen us for a long time and our defending was shocking at best. Usually such a tight unit there we were very poor at the back, giving Barcelona both goals- Vidic letting Eto past so easy and Van Der Sar's weak hand for the first and then the 2nd Ronaldo and Evra giving the ball away, Ferdinand out of position and letting a little player in Messi score a header. We played exactly to their strengths with our play and their formation. Losing Fletcher as the heartbeat of that midfield was huge. First 10 minutes we were so good and should have been 2-0 up so that first Barcelona attack and goal hurt us badly. Some won't agree I know but Pique I honestly believe should have gone in the 12th minute. Last man, Toure was catching Ronaldo, its a sending off in pretty much any other game- how different could the game have been with that?

So congrats Barcelona on a great triumph and season but from here its just total devastation we didn't do ourselves any justice at all and show the real United.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #404 on: May 28, 2009, 12:29:27 AM »
Such a fantastic victory...Messi is just a golden boy, our old war hero Eto'o just started the trend for the match....such a pleasure to watch pure football...excellent passing skills from barca, and that Messi goal  :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

he's 5'7 and he soars to around 7 feet and what a header....this was just barca's trophy to win this year...they've played fantastic football throughout the year....

It had to be ours tonight  :))

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2009, 05:58:37 AM »
Chris, I'm a little sad for ManU today. Such a big team, 25 consecutive matches undefeated in Europe... But well, in part it was our revenge for last year's semis. I hope we'll meet again in next year's final!! To be played at Santiago Bernabéu, so the team that CANNOT play there is Real Madrid  :rim shot:

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2009, 08:58:33 PM »
The best team I ever seen, even better than the Cryuff's Barça of the 90's...amazing, simply amazing

Yeah shame for football there was not a fair ref in the Chelsea game.Fifa is bent as thay did not want 2 English clubs.While i like Barcer football,away from England football is cooked over Europe,the English are hated by them.Barcer are a great team but thay should never have been in the final.So my point is thay are not true champions of Europe.Fifa cheats gave em this win,for once please Fifa please lets have fair play,after all you give this to teams @ the likes of the world cup.For Christ sake bring in some honest refs. :(

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2009, 09:14:59 PM »

Yeah shame for football there was not a fair ref in the Chelsea game.Fifa is bent as thay did not want 2 English clubs.While i like Barcer football,away from England football is cooked over Europe,the English are hated by them.Barcer are a great team but thay should never have been in the final.So my point is thay are not true champions of Europe.Fifa cheats gave em this win,for once please Fifa please lets have fair play,after all you give this to teams @ the likes of the world cup.For Christ sake bring in some honest refs. :(
Whoa whoa Sid...you blame it all on referees...why didn't Drogba capitalise on the numerous chances? Chelsea could have beaten Barca 3-0 that night....again the wrong judgement did hurt us too...we lost out on a  valuable player  ;-()

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #408 on: May 29, 2009, 12:08:52 AM »
Chris, I'm a little sad for ManU today. Such a big team, 25 consecutive matches undefeated in Europe... But well, in part it was our revenge for last year's semis. I hope we'll meet again in next year's final!! To be played at Santiago Bernabéu, so the team that CANNOT play there is Real Madrid  :rim shot:

Thanks Borovnia :) Enjoy this seasons huge success as I know you will be. Yeah lets hope then for a repeat Final next year in that Real Madrid's backyard, and maybe next time its our time to win since we won last year, you won this year, so we'll take next year  :))
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #409 on: May 29, 2009, 06:11:28 AM »

The only dishonesty in that match was Anelka's disgusting bit of cheating to get Abidal sent off.