Author Topic: Dominic Thiem The Future of Tennis  (Read 233 times)

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Dominic Thiem The Future of Tennis
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:08:09 AM »
http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/players/dominic-thiem/tb69/overview
https://www.facebook.com/1.Dominic.Thiem

Rising Star

Showing steady improvement over the past 5 years since turning pro in 2011, it appears as though the Austrian is on the cusp of cracking the top 10 of the ATP.  After a tight first set in which he dropped the TB,  Dominic managed to hold off Sascha Zverev (Rising Star #2? :)) in the 3rd of Roland Garros and marches into the 2nd week looking solid.

Although I don't much care for the buggy whip forehand, when he comes over his 1HBH my jaw drops.  I can't believe how much torso rotation he gets. :scared:  The fluidity of his serve looks as effortless as Sampras' and his instinct for using it gets better each year.

I expect/hope that by the end of next year he is solidly entrenched in the top 10 and pushing for his first slam.  :fingers crossed:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Nekro t4u

• Tennis God
Re: Dominic Thiem The Future of Tennis
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »
i'll check out more of his matches, for now i just took peeps here and there but i saw that BH and the serve, they're really beautiful  :thumbs-up:
Anything works on day notice with you, CD. . I seriously say that nobody should trust you.
slasher you deserve to be s**t on.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 10:02:19 AM »
Zverev looking very good for such a young lad.
His determination is fierce! :)>>>>
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 05:10:48 AM »
Thiem to play Fed in the semis at Stuttgart after beating The Colonel in a see-saw 3 setter.
Kid is looking pretty solid against lesser players.
Time to start solving the riddles posed by the top tier if he hopes to reach then next level.
CONK da ball!!!