Author Topic: US Open: Pick 'em competition  (Read 30417 times)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
Re: US Open: Pick 'em competition
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »
Almost all of us had this one so its not vital but good start as the Bryans have just taken the title  :)

Only Borovnia had Dlouhy/Paes, he's dropped 2 places.

Thanks Kick, had a feeling it was only Borovnia. Thats pretty good for me in the rankings though with Borovnia being one of my closest challengers  :)

Can I have a Djoko-Fed pick out of you yet? How long are you going to wait?

Is that so you can put it in your spreadsheet?

Yeah. It's not urgent, just making sure you're on the ball.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »
Almost all of us had this one so its not vital but good start as the Bryans have just taken the title  :)

Only Borovnia had Dlouhy/Paes, he's dropped 2 places.

Thanks Kick, had a feeling it was only Borovnia. Thats pretty good for me in the rankings though with Borovnia being one of my closest challengers  :)

Can I have a Djoko-Fed pick out of you yet? How long are you going to wait?

Is that so you can put it in your spreadsheet?

Yeah. It's not urgent, just making sure you're on the ball.

Nah thats fair enough- I'll requote the post now then and edit that into it so you can have it all sorted  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
Djokovic
Nadal
Serena
Dementieva
Bryan/Bryan

I'm going with Djokovic in my final pick  :)

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »
Woops, I haven't posted a Djokovic-Roddick pick. I'll go with Roddick

Also, I'll do the same as Murrayfan as I'm out til late tomorrow.

Nadal
Federer (I'll change this if Muller wins)
Bryan/Bryan
Williams
Dementieva

Black/Huber

Don't tell mummy!  :)~

:rofl_2: Perfect advice I'd say  :rofl_2:

Tomorrow I'm being a good boy  :innocent: and going to my friends house to do coursework. We won't get any done though!  :rofl_2:

:rofl_2: If your mum finds out you won't get any done she's going to want to know the sex of this friend  :rofl_2:

I'm trying to think of a clean joke on Practical Biology....

As hard as you try I don't think it will come out clean  :innocent:

I just got home, and my parents never found out that I was at a girl's house so everything's good :rofl_2: Not that anything happened, but I don't think they would be too happy about that.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59:22 PM »

Nadal
Bryan/Bryan
Williams
Dementieva

Black/Huber

Tomorrow I'm being a good boy  :innocent: and going to my friends house to do coursework. We won't get any done though!  :rofl_2:

:rofl_2: If your mum finds out you won't get any done she's going to want to know the sex of this friend  :rofl_2:

I just got home, and my parents never found out that I was at a girl's house so everything's good :rofl_2: Not that anything happened, but I don't think they would be too happy about that.

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2: Good job there then Somil with making sure they didn't know you were at her house. I do hope thats your girlfriends house and not another girls  :innocent: We do believe you though that nothing happened  :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #225 on: September 05, 2008, 03:34:20 PM »
Well I'm not going 100% in this round thanks to that effort from Dementieva  :\

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #226 on: September 05, 2008, 05:33:37 PM »

Nadal
Bryan/Bryan
Williams
Dementieva

Black/Huber

:rofl_2:  :rofl_2: Good job there then Somil with making sure they didn't know you were at her house. I do hope thats your girlfriends house and not another girls  :innocent: We do believe you though that nothing happened  :rofl_2:

I have my subtle ways :) Not my girlfriend yet, but after some events today, she probably will be soon :)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #227 on: September 05, 2008, 05:54:00 PM »

Hi Chris iv got S.Williams,J.Jankovic & the B.Bryan M.Bryan ones right today.A win for Murray & i would not care on my picks today

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #228 on: September 05, 2008, 10:02:51 PM »
Well since I won't be around a computer for the next week, I'll do my final picks here:

Women's final:  GO SERENA!!!!

Men's final:  If Roger is in the final against whomever... I'm picking Roger!

If Djokovic somehow gets by Roger (which I hope he won't)...I'll then go with him in the final against either Murray or Nadal.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #229 on: September 06, 2008, 01:44:19 AM »
S.Williams i will pick 2 in the Women's final.If Murray makes the final he will be my pick.If not i will come back with my pick on who it is.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #230 on: September 06, 2008, 02:31:52 AM »

Nadal
Bryan/Bryan
Williams
Dementieva

Black/Huber

I have my subtle ways :) Not my girlfriend yet, but after some events today, she probably will be soon :)

Hold on Somil, I thought you said a couple of months ago you had a girlfriend who you'd been with for a while and were very happy with her? Don't tell me you've split and looking at a newer version now  :)~  :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:31:19 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2008, 02:32:51 AM »

Hi Chris iv got S.Williams,J.Jankovic & the B.Bryan M.Bryan ones right today.A win for Murray & i would not care on my picks today

Hi Sid, you're flying here now these last couple of rounds  :) To get back in touch with you I need a Rafa win over Murray.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2008, 02:59:36 AM »

Nadal
Bryan/Bryan
Williams
Dementieva

Black/Huber

Hold on Somil, I thought you said a couple of months ago you had a girlfriend who you'd been with for a while and were very happy with her? Don't tell me you've spolit and looking at a newer version now  :)~  :rofl_2:

So sensitive aren't you Chris  :whistle:

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #233 on: September 06, 2008, 03:07:20 AM »
Womens Final picks needed: Serena vs. Jankovic by 7pm NY time or whenever the match starts. Good luck!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #234 on: September 06, 2008, 03:09:48 AM »

Hi Sid, you're flying here now these last couple of rounds  :) To get back in touch with you I need a Rafa win over Murray.

Chris i would be pleased to give up being top or winning here for Andy Murray to win the USO.That would mean so much much more to me.In the uk i dont think we had a winner since the 1930s in the mens,thats way 2 long in my book.I just pray for a change we get a slam winner.I would think even the man upstairs might think its time ://

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #235 on: September 06, 2008, 03:15:07 AM »
Womens Final picks needed: Serena vs. Jankovic by 7pm NY time or whenever the match starts. Good luck!

Serena i picked above but i do again here ks.In the mens if Murray beats Nadal he will be my pick.I can not go against Andy when he come so far.If Nadal was to win i will have 2 think who before the final on my pick

Serena 2 win
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 03:15:56 AM by sid »

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #236 on: September 06, 2008, 03:17:15 AM »
Hope I'm wrong. but I pick Serena

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #237 on: September 06, 2008, 03:33:51 AM »

Nadal
Bryan/Bryan
Williams
Dementieva

Black/Huber

Hold on Somil, I thought you said a couple of months ago you had a girlfriend who you'd been with for a while and were very happy with her? Don't tell me you've spllit and looking at a newer version now  :)~  :rofl_2:

So sensitive aren't you Chris  :whistle:

:rofl_2: I have my moments believe me  :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: September 06, 2008, 03:35:58 AM »

Chris i would be pleased to give up being top or winning here for Andy Murray to win the USO.That would mean so much much more to me.In the uk i dont think we had a winner since the 1930s in the mens,thats way 2 long in my book.I just pray for a change we get a slam winner.I would think even the man upstairs might think its time ://

I know you definitely would have a Murray win over doing well in the Pick ems- I know just what it would mean to you if he does win this title. Just like I'd pick Maria over the Pick ems or any predictions games. Yeah the 930s and Fred Perry was our last champion so it would be fantastic for Andy to become the next either this year or within the next couple of years  :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #239 on: September 06, 2008, 03:42:21 AM »
I'm the same as sid here, I'm never going to pick against Andy in this game for the rest of my career. That's why when Andy wins there's always the personal bonus as well as thew thrill and excitement I get when I watch or hear the result.

My pick for the womens final:
S. Williams