Author Topic: US Open: Pick 'em competition  (Read 30001 times)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
Re: US Open: Pick 'em competition
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »
Murray

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2008, 04:00:30 PM »
Changed I'm going for Fed for this one
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 04:02:10 PM by Chris1987 »
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2008, 05:49:09 PM »

I'll change too, for tactical purposes, obviously  :)~

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2008, 06:37:36 PM »
Big Congrats Dallas for rogers win & winning here :) your man did you proud today ;-()

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2008, 09:41:41 PM »
Big Congrats Dallas for rogers win & winning here :) your man did you proud today ;-()

Did I win?  Wow!  I won because Roger won! :rofl_2:

But sid, both of the players did US proud today!  Andy was a winner too! So hold your head up! :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2008, 12:35:41 AM »

I'll change too, for tactical purposes, obviously  :)~

I wish you'd said that earlier as if you'd finished ahead of Sid I'd have just clinched the Year End Number 1 spot  ;-()

Edit- Doesn't matter as Retro's jump up the leaderboard was perfect for me  :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:07:54 AM by Chris1987 »

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2008, 12:42:16 AM »
Here are the final US Open standings! Any ties are deciced by whoever had the best last round. Huge congratulations to Dallas here :applause: and even more special it was Fed who won it for you  :) Then congratulations to Retro on 2nd place(you don't know how much you've helped me jumping above Sid) :applause: and to Sid for finishing 3rd :applause:

Dallas   107  :first-place:
Retro   100  :second-place:
Sid   100  :third-place:
Kickserve   95
BGT   93
Chris   90
Scott   87
Murrayfan   83
Somil   82
Lugburz   80
Mountain Injun   75
Majintm   72
Mccriddsta   55
Pawan   54
Borovnia   52
Reconquista   7
NJ   6
Amanafter   6
Fedex   6
NoleDjoke   4
Luvyoyoma   2
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:09:18 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2008, 01:18:13 AM »
Here are the final US Open standings! Any ties are deciced by whoever had the best last round. Huge congratulations to Dallas here :applause: and even more special it was Fed who won it for you  :) Then congratulations to Retro on 2nd place(you don't know how much you've helped me jumping above Sid) :applause: and to Sid for finishing 3rd :applause:

Kickserve   95
BGT   93
Chris   90
Scott   87
Murrayfan   83
Somil   82
Lugburz   80
Mountain Injun   75
Majintm   72
Mccriddsta   55
Pawan   54
Borovnia   52
Reconquista   7
NJ   6
Amanafter   6
Fedex   6
NoleDjoke   4
Luvyoyoma   2

LOL im smelt a bit of fear there Chris  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: youv nothing to worry from me m8  ;-()

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2008, 01:33:56 AM »

Kickserve   95
BGT   93
Chris   90
Scott   87
Murrayfan   83
Somil   82
Lugburz   80
Mountain Injun   75
Majintm   72
Mccriddsta   55
Pawan   54
Borovnia   52
Reconquista   7
NJ   6
Amanafter   6
Fedex   6
NoleDjoke   4
Luvyoyoma   2

LOL im smelt a bit of fear there Chris  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: youv nothing to worry from me m8  ;-()

There was 1 point during this 2 weeks when I was about mid table and BGT was at the top when I thought damn BGT is going to cut my lead dramatically  :rofl_2: then I caught her up and got it to a position where there was only really you that could stop me getting that number 1- I've only got to enter Madrid and get 1 more point from somewhere to guarantee the number 1 ranking now  :)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2008, 03:50:45 AM »
Congrats Dallas, though  guess you care much more about Roger than this  :gleam:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2008, 06:28:53 AM »
Congrats Dall  ;-() and everyone who won the trophy  ;-() Pity that I wasn't able to play some rounds,this result of mine would have been better  :)
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2008, 10:34:11 AM »
Hold on, Chris and kickserve:

Didn't we all agree earlier in the year we wouldn't be allowed to change picks for tactical purposes? I'm pretty sure we did, so should the rankings be re-done?

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2008, 10:35:10 AM »
Congrats to Dallas anyway on the brilliant win, Roger was too good for Andy. Maybe next time for Andy!!!

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2008, 10:36:55 AM »

Didn't we all agree earlier in the year we wouldn't be allowed to change picks for tactical purposes? I'm pretty sure we did, so should the rankings be re-done?

I 'changed' mine as a joke when Federer was up 2 sets and 4-0  :whistle: It didn't stand, hence the reason my points haven't changed since the last scoreboard. Now will you stop making an argument out of everything I post?

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2008, 10:39:55 AM »

I 'changed' mine as a joke when Federer was up 2 sets and 4-0  :whistle: It didn't stand, hence the reason my points haven't changed since the last scoreboard. Now will you stop making an argument out of everything I post?

Sorry, I had no idea what time they had been posted, couldn't be bothered to look. See, at least I can stop the argument and apologise :)~

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »

Sorry, I had no idea what time they had been posted, couldn't be bothered to look. See, at least I can stop the argument and apologise :)~

Kick's was a joke as you know now, mine was changed about 30 seconds after first posting it, and was purely me crossing the wrong name and putting Murray instead of Fed.

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »
Kick's was a joke as you know now, mine was changed about 30 seconds after first posting it, and was purely me crossing the wrong name and putting Murray instead of Fed.

Here is my take on changed picks,no changing picks in the last 2 rounds.Any edit in a post & you lose your picks for that round.I think that should be a rule here.If that was made a rule none has a leg to stand on for editing picks.Before the last 2 rounds i dought it would make a difference.If someone made a mistake thay could pm KS.What does all here think??????

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: September 10, 2008, 12:29:06 AM »
Here is my take on changed picks,no changing picks in the last 2 rounds.Any edit in a post & you lose your picks for that round.I think that should be a rule here.If that was made a rule none has a leg to stand on for editing picks.Before the last 2 rounds i dought it would make a difference.If someone made a mistake thay could pm KS.What does all here think??????

Usually we'd do blind picking for the leaders anyway Sid so they wouldn't be able ot be changed so I'd go for it as you say. If you're on about my pick being changed 1 minute later then you're having an absolute laugh. I'd have had 15 hours during that day to look at people's picks, I couldn't drop down the rankings and could only gain 1 place, so I had nothing to win or gain. I copied the original Murray vs Federer part and deleted Fed's name instead of keeping it so when I reread my post changed it to Fed and that was a minute later. I would never ever seriously go against Fed in a Grand Slam Final other than if the player on the other side of the net happened to be Rafa. How tactics could come into that then you'll have to tell me now?????

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #298 on: September 14, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »
Congrats Dall  ;-() and everyone who won the trophy  ;-() Pity that I wasn't able to play some rounds,this result of mine would have been better  :)

I lucked up on this tournament because usually I'm not that great!  But if Roger wins then I have a shot because you know I'm picking him to win every tournament! :rofl_2:

Offline Lugburz

• Tennis God
  • Chelsea till I die!
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »
I lucked up on this tournament because usually I'm not that great!  But if Roger wins then I have a shot because you know I'm picking him to win every tournament! :rofl_2:

Yep,that makes two of us  :))
In the absence of light, darkness prevails!
------------------------------------------------------

TOMMY HAAS
Philipp Kohlschreiber  -  Stanislas Wawrinka - TB - NM - GD - EG - IS - DL - RF - DT - JWT