Author Topic: US Open: Pick 'em competition  (Read 31494 times)

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Re: US Open: Pick 'em competition
« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2008, 09:04:35 AM »
Pick em comp,are we doing one for ATP Thailand  or China Open ????????????

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #301 on: September 20, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »

I thought someone said the next one would be the Master's Series at Spain?

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2008, 11:59:43 AM »

I think there is WTA @ China Open,so it would not have to be all mens in picks??? why wait so long,lets have some fun.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2008, 12:18:20 PM »

I think there is WTA @ China Open,so it would not have to be all mens in picks??? why wait so long,lets have some fun.

Sid for the Pick ems we just have the 4 Grand Slams, the Olympics, and then the 9 Masters Series events and the Masters Cup  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »

Sid for the Pick ems we just have the 4 Grand Slams, the Olympics, and then the 9 Masters Series events and the Masters Cup  :)

Chris i don't want to make a big thing,but when tennis is being played,its fun playing pick ems.We don't do enough m8.I bet if you asked the people who enter they'd love more ;-() i know i would for one.LOL iv just had a thought your top arnt you :rofl_2: ahhhhhhhhhh :whistle: On a more Sirius note its fun m8.Why do so few when we have many here who enter,that seems daft m8.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2008, 01:26:12 PM »

Chris i don't want to make a big thing,but when tennis is being played,its fun playing pick ems.We don't do enough m8.I bet if you asked the people who enter they'd love more ;-() i know i would for one.LOL iv just had a thought your top arnt you :rofl_2: ahhhhhhhhhh :whistle: On a more Sirius note its fun m8.Why do so few when we have many here who enter,that seems daft m8.

Yeah I agree Sid it is fun to do them, but 2 reasons why I like the numbers we have now is 1- if we had them every week a lot fewer people would enter as they wouldn't have the time and the top couple in the rankings would just be the ones that enter each week. Then 2- if we overplay them the novelty and excitment and can guarantee would wear off. Doing it for the main tournaments as we do now is perfect in my eyes as with Pick ems you have to be around EVERY day and not everybody can do that.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!