Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 361027 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
thanks for those pics BGT.......yes, they are tennis' cutest couple at present........the second pic is lovely......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God
why doesn't xisca come to the court for rafa's matches? is rafa so shy or what?

Maybe she finds his matches boring.

That's what I thought too  :))

Only a hater would find Nadal's game boring....judging from your avatar...you enjoy girly tennis with no power and lack of balls!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

Only a hater would find Nadal's game boring....judging from your avatar...you enjoy girly tennis with no power and lack of balls!

Ease up guys!  Wimbledon is on... I know tensions are a little high...but come on... let's have fun and be civil... ;-()

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God

Very true.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Here's an interview for you Nadal fans:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XjqzjKP87I8 [/youtube]

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Rafa made the front page of people.com :yahoo:

Tennis Hotshot Rafael Nadal Has a Secret Girlfriend

Wimbledon is about to begin but female fans of Rafael Nadal have one less reason to cheer this year.

Turns out the supposedly single tennis ace has a long-running love match with a girl from his hometown of Majorca. In fact, the 22-year-old has reportedly been dating Maria Francisca Perello for three years and the two were recently photographed frolicking in the surf.

"My nephew always maintained he was single," the jock's trainer and uncle Toni Nadal tells Britain's Mail on Sunday. "It was a well-kept secret but actually his girlfriend is waiting for him in Majorca."

He added, "I guess a lot of girls will be upset to know the truth."

They have to be the cutest couple. :wub: But this isn't a surprise to me.. at least, his big fans know Xisca.

This was no revelation! That beach pictures has to be at least a year old, maybe more.  Anyone who's a Rafa fan knows about Xisca.  :rofl_2:  Lots of pictures of her on the internet, so it hasn't been a well kept secret. Of course, 3 years in Rafa's world is about 6 months in someone elses, actually less -- he's never there!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
our king takes to the court today.......i am expecting a good service showing from rafa.......VAMOS!
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God

:rofl_2:   Tell us what you really think hunting. 

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
our king takes to the court today.......i am expecting a good service showing from rafa.......VAMOS!
rafa beat beck 6-4,6-4,7-6(0).......i am impressed with rafa's serving today.......in the rest of his game, he made a few errors today but that's ok, given his first match......the tiebreaker was awesome, to love........overall a satisfactory display finishing it off in st sets.......6 more to go, VAMOS!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
rafa beat beck 6-4,6-4,7-6(0).......i am impressed with rafa's serving today.......in the rest of his game, he made a few errors today but that's ok, given his first match......the tiebreaker was awesome, to love........overall a satisfactory display finishing it off in st sets.......6 more to go, VAMOS!

:rofl_2: OK... so when I said "Roger played ok today given his first match", I got brought down by people saying "Well, he was playing a 30 year old so he gets no props for that"! :rofl_2:  OK... I get it... ;-()

Seriously though... all the top players are just trying to make it through the first week any way they can. So it was a good win for Rafa today. :))

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
I read somewhere Rafa's girlfriend was 2 years younger then him.   That is a good age for him.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Rafa was warming up today! He's going to be fine. He's going to give Gulbis a lesson in playing in the big time tourneys. Not to say Gulbus is no good, he most certainly is, but he's also very young and he isn't going to out play Rafa's mental game. 5 sets is a long time to stay out there with Rafa and I really don't believe Gulbis is going to make it that far. Gilbert thinks he will be in the Top 5 soon, and he may very well be, I just don't think this will be his year to upset Rafa. I hope.   :Boxing:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
rafa will teach gulbis a lesson today on how to handle big GS matches........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
I know you cant wait but Rafa will demolish Gulbis tomorrow!!  ;-() :))
ya conchi, that's what is gonna happen tomorrow.........gulbis opined that he is gonna approach his second round with full of confidence and is not fazed of rafa.......let's see how far he progresses in the match......

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
ya conchi, that's what is gonna happen tomorrow.........gulbis opined that he is gonna approach his second round with full of confidence and is not fazed of rafa.......let's see how far he progresses in the match......

I think that's the right attitude to have.  Atleast he's not feeling beaten walking onto the court.  If Gulbis plays well and loses, you say too good and move on. 
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
This is going in 3 player threads. lol

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

I think that's the right attitude to have.  Atleast he's not feeling beaten walking onto the court.  If Gulbis plays well and loses, you say too good and move on. 
yes that's right......the attitude has been lacking among players these days when they are facing the big three especially.......look at safin, he is 29 and just see how he is rampaging over djokovic.......that's the way the players' approach should be.......

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
Gulbis could give Nadal some trouble at the beginning of the match with his big serve and his powerful strokes. He could even take the first set, but that's probably all he can do at the moment. As the match goes on, Nadal will probably get used to Gulbis's serve.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Pamqnx »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Gulbis could give Nadal some trouble at the beginning of the match with his big serve and his powerful strokes. He could even take the first set, but that's probably all he can do at the moment. As the match goes on, Nadal will probably get used to Gulbis's service.
affirmative......rafa's a slow starter against any one who is talented and hyped, then just runs away with it as the match goes on......
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by shankar21 »

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
but it's strange that the cameramen can't find her at least once during the telecast of matches.......

Umm... Well, I've seen her on tv in matches lots of times... USO 06, Wimbledon 07 (the first 2 matches  - which was when she was there), Paris Masters 07 (I think in every match, she was shown in close-up several times), for instance. And Dubai... was it last year, hmm... and... well, you get the idea. I've never heard any commentator introduce her, tho, but that's another matter - I assume that's because they don't recognize her. The couple have done a pretty good job at keeping a low profile despite having been together for about 3 years already.

BGT - my goodness, was that old stuff printed somewhere NOW? The pictures are also from 2006 (1st on Mallorca, 2nd in London sightseeing pre-Wimbledon), blimey...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Tuulia »