Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 391023 times)

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
I guess I was wrong about Uncle toni, he's doing a good job. Another coach in retrospect might have derailed Rafa. Kind of got caught up in all the discussions when he was having a dry spell. I always knew he'd so well on clay, now he seems to have a better game all around, it's good news for all of tennis. I think with Djokovic on his heels it lit a fire under him.  :cool:

Good to hear you say this.  :) Actually, all the negative talk I didn't agree with eventually pretty much drove me away (and not just me...) - I saw no point in arguing for the umpteenth time my point, since the stuff about Rafa's team supposedly being clueless, assumed lack of progress in his game and accusations he doesn't even practise much was just going on and on and on. I decided you people must be blind and a bit mad and left you at it.  :)) - I always liked you, tho, swish, and you never seemed a hopeless case to me, and your comment above proves me right.  ;-()   
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Tuulia »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
but it's strange that the cameramen can't find her at least once during the telecast of matches.......

Umm... Well, I've seen her on tv in matches lots of times... USO 06, Wimbledon 07 (the first 2 matches  - which was when she was there), Paris Masters 07 (I think in every match, she was shown in close-up several times), for instance. And Dubai... was it last year, hmm... and... well, you get the idea. I've never heard any commentator introduce her, tho, but that's another matter - I assume that's because they don't recognize her. The couple have done a pretty good job at keeping a low profile despite having been together for about 3 years already.

BGT - my goodness, was that old stuff printed somewhere NOW? The pictures are also from 2006 (1st on Mallorca, 2nd in London sightseeing pre-Wimbledon), blimey...
is it? din't know that.....i am yet to see her on TV once, and i myself don't recognize her well.......but they are doing the right thing by staying away from all the media attention.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
our king gulps in gulbis.......he beat him 5-7. 6-2, 7-6(2), 6-3........as the match went on, rafa was on the ascendancy setting his hold firmer and firmer on gulbis'.simply too strong, both mentally and off the ground......his first serve is ever so improving match by match.......still not at his A game but getting the job done quite well and getting better match by match.......5 more to go, VAMOS!
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
our king gulps in gulbis.......he beat him 5-7. 6-2, 7-6(2), 6-3........as the match went on, rafa was on the ascendancy setting his hold firmer and firmer on gulbis'.simply too strong, both mentally and off the ground......his first serve is ever so improving match by match.......still not at his A game but getting the job done quite well and getting better match by match.......5 more to go, VAMOS!

Thanxs for that shanker, I couldn't watch ant tennis today, but this match was a worry for me, so I am very please he got through and in 4 sets, I am pleased I didn't watch actually after he lost the first set, my nerves  :rofl_2:, Rafa must be in a very good and positive mood, his win and Spain in Final with Germany  :cool: 
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

Thanxs for that shanker, I couldn't watch ant tennis today, but this match was a worry for me, so I am very please he got through and in 4 sets, I am pleased I didn't watch actually after he lost the first set, my nerves  :rofl_2:, Rafa must be in a very good and positive mood, his win and Spain in Final with Germany  :cool: 

5 more... damn, don't know if I can make it through 5.  :Confused:  My mental game isn't as good as Rafa's, I tend to break down. I hope my spectator game improves along with Rafa's tennis. Nothing can be as bad as last year and all the rain and matches that last 3 days, so maybe I'll make it!

Vamos, Rafa.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
I just HAD to post these!! :lust:

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God

5 more... damn, don't know if I can make it through 5.  :Confused:  My mental game isn't as good as Rafa's, I tend to break down. I hope my spectator game improves along with Rafa's tennis. Nothing can be as bad as last year and all the rain and matches that last 3 days, so maybe I'll make it!

Vamos, Rafa.

When at the FO Final, I ended up Ironing  :rofl_2: I could not cope with it, tried to take my mind and nerves away yet watching at the same time  :rofl_2:  I agree last year with the Rain was horrible, yet he still made it  :)

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

Great pictures! I really like the one with the rose, I saw on VB that someone uses it as their avi.  Rafa pics always welcome!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society

i can see that his legend continues to grow.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
^^^like as you said, he is THE thing of tennis now.........but he ain't getting the deserved respect wherever he goes except in spain........french and wimbledon are always roger backers and they don't know anything apart from chanting his name........they can't find anyone else's game attractive and can't appreciate the one who shook federer's authority.......

even in roger's match with soderling yesterday, soderling was up 5-2 in the third set having LOST the first two sets.......i could hear at least 15 shouts from the crowd "come on roger!!!" in the eighth game when roger was serving down 2-5 and not even one backed soderling........that poor fellow had already lost 2 sets and they are backing federer as if he is 0-6,0-6, 0-5 0-40 down and needs to be helped out of the chaos........that's the level of support others get when they play against roger at wimbledon or french........gosh!   

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
^^^like as you said, he is THE thing of tennis now.........but he ain't getting the deserved respect wherever he goes except in spain........french and wimbledon are always roger backers and they don't know anything apart from chanting his name........they can't find anyone else's game attractive and can't appreciate the one who shook federer's authority.......

even in roger's match with soderling yesterday, soderling was up 5-2 in the third set having LOST the first two sets.......i could hear at least 15 shouts from the crowd "come on roger!!!" in the eighth game when roger was serving down 2-5 and not even one backed soderling........that poor fellow had already lost 2 sets and they are backing federer as if he is 0-6,0-6, 0-5 0-40 down and needs to be helped out of the chaos........that's the level of support others get when they play against roger at wimbledon or french........gosh!   

You can't get on fans for that.  I think Roger, too, has deserved that honor.  It's not just reserved for Rafa.  Rafa is still young and has a lot of years left in his career.  Give them time.  I think the older the player, the more the fans seem to 'back', particularly if you've been well-liked all along.  I think as Pete got older people were pulling for him more.  Look at Andre.  He wasn't well liked in his youth, but he was a fan favorite of just about everyone the older he got.  Rafa will get that respect....just hold on a while.  ;-()

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

You can't get on fans for that.  I think Roger, too, has deserved that honor.  It's not just reserved for Rafa.  Rafa is still young and has a lot of years left in his career.  Give them time.  I think the older the player, the more the fans seem to 'back', particularly if you've been well-liked all along.  I think as Pete got older people were pulling for him more.  Look at Andre.  He wasn't well liked in his youth, but he was a fan favorite of just about everyone the older he got.  Rafa will get that respect....just hold on a while.  ;-()
do you think roger is old now? ! ! ! but i was just mentioning the attitude of the british crowd who are always blind to everyone's game but roger's.......

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

do you think roger is old now? ! ! ! but i was just mentioning the attitude of the british crowd who are always blind to everyone's game but roger's.......

I'm going by what some folks have been saying... the "young guns" are here now Djokovic, Nadal, Guilbis, etc. etc.  That Roger will be 27 in August...past his prime, etc.  Personally I don't think he's that old... But when you look at the 'young gun' ages, he's one of the elder statesmen of the game.

Again... I still feel Roger has earned the british crowd's respect and everyone else.  Why do you think Roger gets voted Best Sportsman in tennis by his own peers every year?  He's well liked.  So even if I wasn't a Federer fan, I could not get upset by the fans and media for liking the guy.  I have a feeling that you're blaming the crowds, organizers, players, media, and others for not 'pulling' for Nadal like they do Roger?  And I'm saying give it time. Nadal has drastically improved not only in his game, but in his English language.  That helps. 

It still amazes me that when you read other players answers when they ask "Since you're out of the tournament, who do you want to see win?", and 9 out of 10 have said Roger in the past.  Roger hangs out with all the players, he jokes around, they said he treats them like 'one of the guys' from the 200 ranked player to whomever. He goes out to dinner with them, he practices with them, he's accessible to the media.  He's earned that.

I don't think you will find another player who can say they don't like Nadal.  They respect him and admire him but most know Roger better. That's all.  The longer Nadal keeps up this tremendous pace, the more the fans and media and everyone else will be drawn to him. 

OK... enough of my soap box.  That's all I have to say on this subject.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
even rafa or anyone else does the same and treats everyone like his close buddy........even there is at least one guy(sure there r many) that roger might not go to dinner with and that is djokovic.......but rafa can go with him too........i understand that people back players who have achieved great things in their career and are nearing their retirement(your examples of agassi, sampras)........the thing is, acc to me age and all those things is not the criterion to back a player and leave others......if we go by that, one should back jonas bjorkman, but they don't.......not many ardently follow him and that's fine......but the exact reason for this blind following is, all this media and people are blind glory-hunters.......they back only the player whom they like and leave aside the potential and guts shown by their fav's opponents........it's sad that even officials are treating a player of nadal's caliber like that.......nadal is respected no where.......is that the way to honor a 4-time RG champion? the applause for him that day were weaker than what roger got for his runner trophy......simply, it's the lack of sportsmanship.........IMO such people can't read into the sport much, they just follow a person blindly........
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by shankar21 »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
even rafa or anyone else does the same and treats everyone like his close buddy........even there is at least one guy(sure there r many) that roger might not go to dinner with and that is djokovic.......but rafa can go with him too........i understand that people back players who have achieved great things in their career and are nearing their retirement(your examples of agassi, sampras)........the thing is, acc to me age and all those things is not the criterion to back a player and leave others......if we go by that, one should back jonas bjorkman, but they don't.......not many ardently follow him and that's fine......but the exact reason for this blind following is, all this media and people are blind glory-hunters.......they back only the player whom they like and leave aside the potential and guts shown by their fav's opponents........it's sad that even officials are treating a player of nadal's caliber like that.......nadal is respected no where.......is that the way to honor a 4-time RG champion? the applause for him that day were weaker than what roger got for his runner trophy......simply, it's the lack of sportsmanship.........IMO such people can't read into the sport much, they just follow a person blindly........

My other point is... Why do you let it bother you?  People are not going to agree 100%, and it's ok for people to back their favorites.  You can't change that.  Like I said in another thread, I personally haven't seen the Wimbledon folks tread Nadal wrongly.  Last year Roger didn't play all of his matches on center court and I don't expect that he will this year either.  Countries are going to cater to their player, hence, that's why Murray is on Center all the time.  Same at the US Open...Roddick and Blake both got special treatment by playing a lot of night matches, etc.  They scheduled one of Roger's matches at 11:00 am! (where hardly no fans were in the stands) - on another court!  But that's just the way it is.   Again, I haven't seen the officials treat Nadal wrong but that's just me.  Maybe as his fan you feel that way and I'm sorry you do. 

The truth of the matter is the fans have a right to back whoever they want and to clap loud or soft for any player they want (after all, they paid for the tickets) :rofl_2:  Now talk about a tough crowd, Roger's US Open final with Agassi was tough!  There were only about 5 people in that entire stadium clapping for Roger (and they were in his box) :rofl_2:   The players know how to handle situations like that.  Nadal's a big boy and I don't think he lets things like that affect him.  Have faith in your boy. :)) Doesn't seem like he's letting anything get to him.  I think sometimes his fans have a harder time that he does! :))

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

My other point is... Why do you let it bother you?  People are not going to agree 100%, and it's ok for people to back their favorites.  You can't change that.  Like I said in another thread, I personally haven't seen the Wimbledon folks tread Nadal wrongly.  Last year Roger didn't play all of his matches on center court and I don't expect that he will this year either.  Countries are going to cater to their player, hence, that's why Murray is on Center all the time.  Same at the US Open...Roddick and Blake both got special treatment by playing a lot of night matches, etc.  They scheduled one of Roger's matches at 11:00 am! (where hardly no fans were in the stands) - on another court!  But that's just the way it is.   Again, I haven't seen the officials treat Nadal wrong but that's just me.  Maybe as his fan you feel that way and I'm sorry you do. 

The truth of the matter is the fans have a right to back whoever they want and to clap loud or soft for any player they want (after all, they paid for the tickets) :rofl_2:  Now talk about a tough crowd, Roger's US Open final with Agassi was tough!  There were only about 5 people in that entire stadium clapping for Roger (and they were in his box) :rofl_2:   The players know how to handle situations like that.  Nadal's a big boy and I don't think he lets things like that affect him.  Have faith in your boy. :)) Doesn't seem like he's letting anything get to him.  I think sometimes his fans have a harder time that he does! :))
at the first place, you can't tell me that no one will agree with me......there are voices raising from all over the world about the way rafa is being treated everywhere and many are simply furious about the treatment that he gets at wimby and french especially.........he is not getting the deserved praises, accolades........i am not seeking any revival of the situation, just pointing out on the happenings of some things that lack true spirit of the sport-following.......let them grunt in favor of their player blindly.......why would we even care to bother when our king rafa gets tougher and tougher as the world turns that much against him.......na not at all.......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
where is conchita?

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Whoa! That's an AWESOME photoshoot for Rafa. ;)
Be the change that you seek.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Very nice article here about Rafa, by Mike Lupica who originally wasn't "taken" with Rafa and then changed his mind. Article mentions Fed, as well. I enjoyed it, but then, I enjoy anything about Rafa!  ;-()

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/2008/06/25/opinion-rafael-nadal-v-roger-federer-is-wimbledon-heaven-89520-20620159/

Vamos, Rafa!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by yellowball »

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook