Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 375703 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafael Nadal Arrived in Thailand, Ready for PTT Thailand Open 2010

Rafael Nadal arrived in Bangkok by Turkish Airlines, TK 60. Though spending 13 hours from Spain, Nadal looks cheerful and is ready to take on PTT Thailand Open 2010. Khun Suwat Liptapanlop, Chairman of Executive Organizing Committee of PTT Thailand Open 2010, Khun Sarun Rungkasiri, Executive Vice President, Commercial & International Marketing, PTT Public Company Limited, and Khun Brian L. Marcar, Managing Director, BEC-Tero Entertainment Public Company Limited, have welcomed him at the Suvarnabhumi Airport today.

Spanish media reports Rafa went to a luxury hotel in the coastal city of Hua Hin, 150 kms south of Bangkok to relax and enjoy some holidays. Spanish media also reports the first match of Rafa is scheduled for the 30th of september. so a whole week to relax. 

it's a tradition in the Bangkok event to do a promo with the players as thai boxers, so probably we will see Rafa as a boxer.
Hope he enjoys 1st trip to Thailand!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
some pics of Rafa enjoying holidays in Thailand

Nadal took part in a Hua Hin Tree Plantation visit on Tuesday.

Rafa will play his first match on Thursday against Belgian qualifier Benelmans

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:45:08 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
I think we have not post a picture yet of Rafa's sister, Maribel. She is 18 years old.

With her mother Ana Maria.

Maribel is dating a promising young golfer.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:34:23 PM by conchita »

Offline Tatiana

• Tennis Addict
Rafa in pink :ice cream: :ice cream:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
two video tributes about Rafa's career grand slam!  :cool:

Rafael Nadal-9 Grand Slam Titles-Tribute

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYC1AWx4eFk[/youtube]

from 2005 to 2010, all 9 titles:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 07:09:36 PM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
After the 2010 US Open final, Rafa chatting with McEnroe (1/2)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G__yC4SVvA [/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsu9rzWfdo&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Finally, after a whole week of holidays, Rafa was on court today for a practise session and no good news, he was feeling pain in his back. Hope it's not serious and he will be ok during the event.

his first match in Bangkok against Belgian qualifier Benelmans is scheduled at 7:00 pm local time, 2:00 pm CEST, 8:00 am ET.

Vamos Rafa!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:36:57 PM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal Records 60th Win Of Year!!!!

by ATP Staff

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal recorded his 60th win of a remarkable year on Thursday, when he defeated Belgian qualifier Ruben Bemelmans 6-1, 6-4 in 72 minutes for a place in the PTT Thailand Open quarter-finals.

Nadal, who arrived in Bangkok 10 days ago, dropped just eight points on serve and converted three of five break point opportunities. He has a 60-7 match record on the season.

The 24-year-old Spaniard locked up ATP World Tour Champion honours for the second time in three years after capturing his first US Open title (d. Djokovic) on 13 September. He became the seventh man in the history of the sport to complete a career Grand Slam and the youngest to accomplish the feat in the Open Era (since 1968).

"It's never easy in a first match," said Nadal. "I had a few days rest after the US Open but I think I am playing well. I'm happy with my match. Bemelmans played well during some moments and the second set for sure was not easy. It's important to start with a win.

Nadal, who met Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva after the match, said, "It was an honour for me to meet the Prime Minister and I would just like to thank him for coming to watch the match."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYWUAgyFu08[/youtube]

Nadal will next play Kazakhstan's Mikhail Kukushkin, who served 17 aces in a 6-4, 5-7, 6-3 win over Olivier Rochus - his second consecutive three-set victory.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:00:49 AM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal vs Benelmans, last game!!!  :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgqlj_hUkDA[/youtube]

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nicklaus Inspires Rafa's Rocket Serve!

Tennis fans have marveled at Rafael Nadal’s much-improved serve, which was a big factor in his recent title run at the US Open, where he completed a career Grand Slam. Now we know the inspiration behind the dramatic improvement: US golf legend Jack Nicklaus.

"I saw a video by Jack Nicklaus that changed my vision,” Toni Nadal, Rafa’s uncle and coach, told daily newspaper ABC.  “In it Nicklaus said:  'First strike far, then we will think about getting the ball inside.’ I said to myself: 'This man must be right'. That is what I applied with Rafael. First strike hard, then we will get the ball inside," he added.

Nicklaus, the winner of 18 major golf titles, is a huge tennis fan. He has three natural grass courts and plays every Saturday and Sunday.

Uncle Toni went on to say that Nadal’s work ethic was just as much responsible for his nine Grand Slam titles by age 24 as was his natural talent. “You either have talent or you don't. But what makes the difference is hard work," he said. "Since he was a child I set a long-term goal for him: to be a great professional. In life you have to have hope to advance."

-atptennis.com-
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:19:36 AM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
a picture of Rafa hitting with long time friend Pico Monaco on Tuesday in Bangkok!

Monaco will play tomorrow, friday, in an exhibition in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:39:08 PM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal marches on in Bangkok! Rafa Surges Into Semi-finals!!

Nadal reached his 11th tour level semifinal of the season Friday as he cruised past Mikhail Kukushkin

ATP World Tour Champion Rafael Nadal produced another devastating serving display as he surged into the PTT Thailand Open semi-finals Friday. The Spaniard surrendered just three points behind his first serve as he cruised past Mikhail Kukushkin 6-2, 6-3 at the ATP World Tour 250 hard-court tennis tournament in Bangkok.

Nadal picked up where he left off in his opening match of the tournament, in which he dropped only two points on first serve. The top seed, whose much-improved serve was inspired by American golf legend Jack Nicklaus, broke serve three times from eight opportunities as he raced to victory in 71 minutes.

The Spaniard is through to his 11th tour-level semi-final in what has been a phenomenal season. The 24 year old is currently on a nine-match winning streak, after completing the career Grand Slam at the US Open (d. Djokovic) last month.

Nadal next will face fellow Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.

-atptennis.com-
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:53:19 AM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal vs Kukushkin, Last two games of the match!  :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deV2cCa4Lvo[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:09:06 AM by conchita »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Nadal marches on in Bangkok! Rafa Surges Into Semi-finals!!

Nadal reached his 11th tour level semifinal of the season Friday as he cruised past Mikhail Kukushkin

ATP World Tour Champion Rafael Nadal produced another devastating serving display as he surged into the PTT Thailand Open semi-finals Friday. The Spaniard surrendered just three points behind his first serve as he cruised past Mikhail Kukushkin 6-2, 6-3 at the ATP World Tour 250 hard-court tennis tournament in Bangkok.

Nadal picked up where he left off in his opening match of the tournament, in which he dropped only two points on first serve. The top seed, whose much-improved serve was inspired by American golf legend Jack Nicklaus, broke serve three times from eight opportunities as he raced to victory in 71 minutes.

The Spaniard is through to his 11th tour-level semi-final in what has been a phenomenal season. The 24 year old is currently on a nine-match winning streak, after completing the career Grand Slam at the US Open (d. Djokovic) last month.

Nadal next will face fellow Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.

-atptennis.com-
If the rest of the field wasn't already shaking in their boots, I bet they are now. :scared:

I'd always thought his serve was underrated, more clever than actually devasting.  But it rarely faltered and when a key point was needed he seemed to have a knack for producing error-forcing serves.

Now that he's cranked it up several notches and has changed his mental approach to serving, playing a bit riskier and attacking sooner, it surely spells doom for the rest of the ATP.

Hopefully he doesn't learn how to volley any better than he does already! ;-() :))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:39:49 PM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
If the rest of the field wasn't already shaking in their boots, I bet they are now. :scared:

I'd always thought his serve was underrated, more clever than actually devasting.  But it rarely faltered and when a key point was needed he seemed to have a knack for producing error-forcing serves.

Now that he's cranked it up several notches and has changed his mental approach to serving, playing a bit riskier and attacking sooner, it surely spells doom for the rest of the ATP.

Hopefully he doesn't learn how to volley any better than he does already! ;-() :))

this new rocket serve could be the story of the year.
One of the things I like most about Rafa is that he just wants to get better, keep improving.
He played a lot of doubles matches in the past to try to improve the volleys, and some fans were angry about the fact he was playing too many doubles matches, well, he learnt how to volley to finish points at the net.
the story about the new serve is incredible, If I am correct, he was hitting with long time friend Monaco 2 days before the start of the USO and then he decided to change the grip or something else in the racket because he was not serving well with the wind.. Now he is serving rockets, very important because that will give him more easy/cheap points and less pressure while serving.
With the USO title, he has no more the pressure about completing the careeer grand slam and the title gave him a lot of confidence to attack more and finish the points as quickly as possible, so less time on court, less duration of matches, less fatigue.

I am still shocked about this new rocket serve!!!  :)) I am too happy!!  :rofl_2:

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 05:20:47 PM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Garcia-Lopez holds strong to oust Nadal!!!

Guillermo Garcia-Lopez saved a staggering 24 of 26 break points as he recorded the biggest win of his career Saturday in Bangkok by defeating World No. 1 Rafael Nadal 2-6, 7-6(3), 6-3 to reach the final of the PTT Thailand Open.

“I have never beaten a No. 1 player in the world before. I've beaten some good Top 10 players, but never a No. 1. I think it was the best match of my career,” declared Garcia-Lopez. “I think the tie-break in second set was the key. I felt much better after that and I was playing great at the end. Everything went perfectly.”

The Spaniard is through to his second ATP World Tour final of the season, after finishing runner-up on grass in Eastbourne (l. to Llodra) in June. The 27 year old won his lone ATP World Tour title last year on clay in his first final in Kitzbuhel (d. Benneteau).

World No. 53 Garcia-Lopez faced a formidable task against ATP World Tour Champion Nadal, who was on a nine-match winning streak after completing his career Grand Slam at the US Open (d. Djokovic) last month. Indeed, the 24-year-old Nadal looked to be well on his way to his eighth tour-level final of the season when he broke serve twice to take the opening set.

Resilience paid off for Garcia-Lopez in the second set, though, as he saved 16 break points to force a tie-break, which he quickly took command of and won 7-3. The Albacete native then converted his only break point opportunity of the match in the fourth game of the third set and held his nerve to close out victory in two hours and 45 minutes.

"I had a lot of break point chances in second set, too many chances," reflected Nadal. "He played a great match especially in the third set, but I was playing better than him in the beginning. I didn't play the break points well. With 26 opportunities to break you have to take your chances. It's a difficult loss to accept. I was playing well and had a good opportunity to get to final."

In the final Garcia-Lopez will face World No. 60 Jarkko Nieminen.

-atptennis.com-
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:46:47 AM by conchita »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
WOW! I did not see Rafa losing that one :( he really did just use this tournament as a vacation. Now if only he could pull the plug on Tokyo next week!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Simkim

• Tennis Addict
WOW! I did not see Rafa losing that one :( he really did just use this tournament as a vacation. Now if only he could pull the plug on Tokyo next week!

No, he was playing well and he really wanted to win this match. It was just... an accident.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com

No, he was playing well and he really wanted to win this match. It was just... an accident.

He was playing well today yes. But his preparation was a vacation right before the tournament and then a day before his first match at 200km trip to plant some flowers for some event over there, that's not the preparation of somebody who is 110% committed to the tournament, and nobody can blame Rafa for that, I'd just like to see him off next week now before Shanghai but doesn't seem as though it will happen.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Simkim

• Tennis Addict
We can speculate, but the fact is that if he had made one of those break opportunities in the second set, now we would be talking about how well is playing in this fast surface and how unbeatable he seems.

Of course, this is not a major, nor a M1000, but 99 times out of a 100 he would have won this match, so I don't think we have to find a logical explanation for what happened, 'cause I guess there isn't any.