Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 360394 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Excellent picture BGT- Very good  :rofl_2:
Rafa has got another tough looking match today, Kiefer loves to play on grass and his game is perfect for this surface. He's even one of the very few to have taken a set off Federer during his 5 year reign here, so this isn't going to be easy. Rafa's going to have to do a lot of passing today I feel as Kiefer is going to rush him at the back of the court, so Rafa's going to need to be right on today as if he's not Kiefer is one player on grass who could really take advantage of that.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
thanks for that pic BGT......he is a hulk. isn't he? i think today rafa will just pick and kick kiefer.......it will be a straight sets affair if you ask me.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Excellent picture BGT- Very good  :rofl_2:
Rafa has got another tough looking match today, Kiefer loves to play on grass and his game is perfect for this surface. He's even one of the very few to have taken a set off Federer during his 5 year reign here, so this isn't going to be easy. Rafa's going to have to do a lot of passing today I feel as Kiefer is going to rush him at the back of the court, so Rafa's going to need to be right on today as if he's not Kiefer is one player on grass who could really take advantage of that.

Where do you find all that stuff.  :rofl_2:

I'm lovin' watching Rafa and I get kind of a kick out of his little "stutter steps" before he receives a serves. The boy's ready to play... he's got happy feet!  :photo:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
I like his "stutter steps" too. ))

MTF comes up with the darndest stuff.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
Okay so can someone explain to me why there 2 threads dedicated to Rafa?
Be the change that you seek.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

The "Limitation" thread was started first but since it had a 'negative' meaning, someone decided to start a positive thread like all the other player had.

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord

The "Limitation" thread was started first but since it had a 'negative' meaning, someone decided to start a positive thread like all the other player had.

So why don't you delete that one then?

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

That's one of the most popular ones on the board so it's ok...

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord

So delete this one then

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
Very nice article here about Rafa, by Mike Lupica who originally wasn't "taken" with Rafa and then changed his mind. Article mentions Fed, as well. I enjoyed it, but then, I enjoy anything about Rafa!  ;-()

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/2008/06/25/opinion-rafael-nadal-v-roger-federer-is-wimbledon-heaven-89520-20620159/

Vamos, Rafa!

I thought it was Oliver Holt  ;-()

Well it was Oliver Holt's column that I read it in, anyway it's took him a few years to like him  ..-)  ..-)

I like this bit though:

"Journalists who cover the Tennis circuit regulary also say, by the way, that he is the nicest sportsman they have ever met"   :))
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article4192490.ece

:)

That's a good article. I've been reading quite a bit about Santana and his hopes for Rafa. There are some other great articles out there right now about Rafa, too many to post. I LOVE IT!

:))

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

So delete this one then

Bossy.  :\  :rofl_2:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

So delete this one then
the "limitations" thread is in fact to discuss rafa's "unlimitations" more than his limitations, and this thread is for posting all the stuff like discussions about rafa, post-match reviews, interviews of rafa, pics, articles, videos.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
rafa beat kiefer 7-6(3), 6-2, 6-3.......as expected, a comfortable win for the clay king........in yesterday's match  rafa had his usual match tactics........beat the opponent mentally and then steam roll him........kiefer served really well in all his service games of the first set but just couldn't keep up the same intensity against rafa in the breaker.......that tie-breaker exemplified once again on how much pressure rafa exerts on his opponents mentally and physically.......next up is youzhny and my bet is that rafa will slaughter him in st sets.......i think he has had enough of youzhny and he will show no mercy what so ever against the russian........4 more to go, VAMOS! 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Rafa continues his march through the draw then with a brilliant performance over Kiefer last night. Kiefer is a very talented and dangerous player so to come through the match as he did, and the final set should have been 6/1 but Rafa was eager to get off court with the light closing in and Kiefer was inspired to make the match that bit longer. Rafa got the job done though and continues to impress with his play at the moment. Not only is he so match tough right now he also looks so at ease on this surface and Youzhny will be another step up for Rafa but he should get through this one in maybe straights again- 4 at the absolute most. I'm still very hopeful and confident that this is going to be Rafa's year on the Wimbledon grass  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Rafa continues his march through the draw then with a brilliant performance over Kiefer last night. Kiefer is a very talented and dangerous player so to come through the match as he did, and the final set should have been 6/1 but Rafa was eager to get off court with the light closing in and Kiefer was inspired to make the match that bit longer. Rafa got the job done though and continues to impress with his play at the moment. Not only is he so match tough right now he also looks so at ease on this surface and Youzhny will be another step up for Rafa but he should get through this one in maybe straights again- 4 at the absolute most. I'm still very hopeful and confident that this is going to be Rafa's year on the Wimbledon grass  :)

Me too, me too, me too. He really wants it, but there are still some contenders in the field, even if Fed isn't included. He's better in every way this year tho', so I'm hoping the trophy will be his.

I think I'd cry!  :crying:   Yea! Rafa!   :crying:  In fact, I know I would, I'm a crier, happy or said...  :hysterical:

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord

So delete this one then

Bossy.  :\  :rofl_2:

...and proud of it! lol ;)

Anyways, I think I may start a williams sister limitation thread ;P

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
6-3, 6-3, 6-1........simply stunning..........he toyed with youzhny and made him look like a chased rat........rafa is almost there with his best game.........just 3 more to go, VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Youzhny's interview and Nadal's interview:

M. Youzhny Interview - 30 June

Monday, 30 June 2008

Rafael Nadal def. Mikhail Youzhny 6-3, 6-3, 6-1

Q. You didn't play that bad, but that was not enough.

MIKHAIL YOUZHNY: Yeah, if you want to beat Nadal you have to play not not bad, you have to play good or sometimes very good.

Q. So today it was not a close match. Last year it was a very close match. So what was the difference between last year and this year?

MIKHAIL YOUZHNY: Difference, last year I played first two sets much better. Last three sets was the same way today. I have more time for Rafa be ready because it was long time rains and we wait too long and it was not so tough matches before. And here it was just two five-set matches, not day by day, but one day off, but against Rafa it was not enough to be fresh.

Q. How difficult is it to play now Rafa on grass? What is difficult, returning the serve? What is difficult?

MIKHAIL YOUZHNY: It's difficult because he didn't miss anything. It doesn't matter if it's grass or clay. What I feel, he start to serve better than he serve before. In tough moments when you have breakpoint or something, today it was only first serve, so it's not easy. Anyway, he play aggressive, and all the time you need to be on the court. You cannot beat him just in one shot, but even on grass he's fast enough to come back everything. So it's not easy.

Q. Improving on the serve and improving the speed?

MIKHAIL YOUZHNY: No, I was today not so fast. No, what I feel he improve, looks like slides, backhand and serve.

Q. Some people have said the court is slower than before, but Federer says he disagrees with that. What's your feeling, is it slower?

MIKHAIL YOUZHNY: Yeah, now it's all courts slower than it was before. We don't have now fast surface, only one tournament what I know, one tournament on the grass where it was fast. Now the tournament is surface slower and slower. That's why it is too many Latino guys and Spanish guys start to play good on hard, on grass. Before it was much easier to play against these guys on grass and hard court. Now it's not a big difference between surface.

Players

R. Nadal Interview - 30 June

Monday, 30 June 2008

R. NADAL/M. Youzhny

6 3, 6 3, 6 1

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Rafael Nadal.

Q. How is your knee?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think fine.

Q. Have you had it checked out?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, nothing very important. That's sure.

Q. You weren't too concerned then, even when you had to have the restrapping? You weren't too bothered? You felt okay, felt fine?
RAFAEL NADAL: I felt a little bit. I felt a little bit pain. I was a little bit scared because I felt something. I felt, well, crack something a little behind. But I think it's fine, no?

Q. Was there ever a moment you thought you would have to pull out?
RAFAEL NADAL: This is a lot. No, no. I never thought about that, no.

Q. How much have you had to battle through pain in your career, and how important is that quality in you?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think I am fine. I don't have a lot of pains. Like every professional sportsman have pain because our body's always at a hundred percent. We go to the limit, no?
But I think no more than the rest.

Q. Can we say that today the match was easier than expected for you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Sure. 6 3, 6 3, 6 1 against one difficult opponent like Youzhny for me is very good result. I did very good match, so happy for the victory. Especially very happy because I am playing well and I'm in quarterfinals.

Q. Have you ever had the problem with your knee before? Have you had the same trouble with your knee before?
RAFAEL NADAL: Was not the knee.

Q. It was below the knee?
RAFAEL NADAL: Was behind the knee.

Q. Have you had that before?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, no. Was a bad movement.

Q. Could you talk us through the challenges you would face with your next opponent, Gasquet or Murray.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, both are very good players, young players. The same age like me. Andy one less probably, yes. Young players. Good players. Both gonna be very tough opponents. I know that. I have to play my best tennis if I want to be in the semifinals.

Q. Do you think today was your most complete performance so far at Wimbledon?
RAFAEL NADAL: Today? I played well. I played very well.

Q. If it is Andy Murray in the next game, do you think the Wimbledon crowd will be a difficult thing to overcome?
RAFAEL NADAL: Wimbledon crowd always are very respectus (sic) with everybody. And with me, when I go on court, I feel the people are with me always, so that's very nice. I just can say thank you very much for the England people and the London people. I felt the same last week in Queen's. Well, I am very happy about the crowd here always.
I know if I play against Andy Murray, probably the crowd gonna be with him. But I think with me gonna be nice, too, no?

Q. Before the tournament started you said your idea of a dream would be for Spain to win the football and for you to win Wimbledon. How do you feel halfway now?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think for right now we have the first thing, and the second gonna be difficult.

Q. Did you celebrate last night?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, for sure I celebrate. But, you know, I play today. I can't go out and celebrate. But at home, yes.

Q. You won 21 points at the net out of 24. What does it mean for you?
RAFAEL NADAL: Unbelievable volley (smiling).
That's mean I was playing very good from the baseline, because when I arrive to the net, I arrive in always very good position. That's what that mean for me.

Q. How did you celebrate the football result?
RAFAEL NADAL: Jumping.

Q. Champagne or jumping did you say?
RAFAEL NADAL: Jumping. Champagne will reserve for finish the tournament.

Q. Where did you watch it and who was with you?
RAFAEL NADAL: We watch it here at home with my team and the team of Feliciano López. There like 10 persons, 11, 12. I don't know.

Q. Have you sent any messages of congratulations to any of the players?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, I send to Casillas, sure.

Q. Did you find it quite draining, watching the game last night? Was it hard emotionally? Did it take a lot of energy out of you?
RAFAEL NADAL: If I say that and today I won 6 3, 6 3, 6 1 I going to be very stupid, no?

Q. If Andy Murray doesn't win Wimbledon, do you think the crowd here would like you to win it more than anybody else now?
RAFAEL NADAL: Ask the crowd. I am not nobody for say what the crowd wants. I just can say when I go on court I feel the crowd support me a lot.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Dallas »