Tennis Discussions > Pro Player Forum

VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)

<< < (876/883) > >>

Rafa816:
Another bout of bad news for all of us Rafa fans. Unfortunately, due to a stomach virus, Nadal has pulled out of both Doha and the Australian Open, and has said he's not looking to return to the courts until the clay courts in late February (Acapulco, I think)

propstoart:
It is only sensible to drop the Aussie Open from the calendar when Rafa is suffering with stomach virus, especially after a long injury lay-off.. It would have been very difficult to resume playing tennis in a 5-set event.. I hope Rafa returns in February, fresh and fit, wherever that may be..  :(

Rafa816:
Yes, it definitely makes sense. It's just quite depressing. I'm really missing watching him play.

propstoart:

--- Quote from: Rafa816 on December 30, 2012, 04:12:09 PM ---Yes, it definitely makes sense. It's just quite depressing. I'm really missing watching him play.

--- End quote ---
My sentiments exactly.. A few nights ago I was watching the replay of last season's Aussie Open final and thinking Rafael played a super match and should have rightly won it [had he won the 7th game in the final set].. Later, I read online that Rafael had withdrawn from the 2013 Aussie Open due to a stomach infection.  :(

Rafa816:
That was a great match, but Rafa definitely uncharacteristically choked on a big moment. He was up a break and 30-15 and shot an easy net winner wide right, and it was all downhill from there. I haven't watched a replay or re-watched it since it happened, but I still remember it vividly. So depressing :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version