Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 375241 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Hail the new king of tennis, the ultimate warrior of tennis, the one and only, Rafael Nadal.

We, ardent admirers of the phenomenon, 'Rafael Nadal', are privileged to no ends, as we welcome multitude of tennis lovers, who have been enthralled by his accomplishments and feats, to post about rafael in this thread and have fun.........

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:14:37 AM by shankar21 »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

wonderful picture!!!!!!!!!!!!  ://
Serena and Rafa!  :) one of my biggest dreams in tennis is to watch Serena and Rafa playing together in a grand slam.  :)

Good picture. Roger's pants are getting shorter and tighter... Rafa's, longer and looser. Rafa's got sleeves, next thing you know Roger will be sleeveless.

I really like the colors on Rafa, but I hope that's not his Open outfit.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal beats Federer in Monte Carlo final

Rafael Nadal holds the Monte Carlo Masters Trophy after beating Roger Federer.

Rafael Nadal has become the first player in the Open era to win four consecutive Monte Carlo Masters titles, downing world number one Roger Federer 7-5, 7-5 in the final for the third year in a row.

The second-seeded Spaniard has won his last 22 matches in the principality and has already shown he is the hot favourite to win next month's French Open for the fourth year in succession.

Before him, only New Zealand's Anthony Wilding had won four straight titles in Monte Carlo, back in 1914.

Nadal became the first player since American Jim Courier in 1991 in Indian Wells to win the singles and doubles titles at a Masters Series event when, with compatriot Tommy Robredo, he beat Mark Knowles and Mahesh Bhupathi 6-3, 6-3 in the doubles final.

The 21-year-old Nadal improved his personal record against Federer to 9-6 (7-1 on clay) and is undefeated on the Monte Carlo clay since a third-round loss to Argentine Guillermo Coria in 2003.

"It's unthinkable, winning here for the fourth year in a row," Nadal said.

Federer, who lost his Australian Open crown in January and had to wait until last weekend to claim his first title of the year in Estoril, said: "He's a tough player on clay. Maybe my attacking game did not work so well.

"I'm still close (to beating him). It's not getting much easier but I am right there and it's a good thing."

Federer, who was on the brink of defeat against Spanish qualifier Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo in the first round, said he felt relieved to be back.

"I am coming back strong and am happy the way things are now," said the Swiss, who had mononucleosis earlier this year.

"A few weeks ago I was still in a bit of doubt."

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=gJvikkmiu4g[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:24:05 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafa training!!! :cool:
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Draw for Hamburg!! Rafa is in the bottom half:

James Blake USA (7)
Janko Tipsarevic SRB vs Andreas Beck GER (wc)
Albert Montañes ESP vs Mardy Fish USA
Jose Acasuso ARG vs Tomas Berdych CZE (9)
--------
Tommy Robredo ESP (13) vs Philipp Kohlschreiber GER
Mischa Zverev GER (wc) vs Ivo Karlovic CRO
Juan Ignacio Chela ARG vs Qualifier
Novak Djokovic SRB (3)
--------------------
Andy Roddick USA (6)
Marin Cilic CRO vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Radek Stepanek CZE
Qualifier vs Carlos Moya ESP (11)
-------
Andy Murray GBR (15) vs Dmitry Tursunov RUS
Xavier Malisse BEL vs Gilles Simon FRA
Qualifier vs Potito Starace ITA
Rafael Nadal ESP (2)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
HAMBURG, Germany (AFP) - Spanish clay-court king Rafael Nadal, the favourite for the Hamburg Masters Series which starts here on Monday, admitted on Sunday he takes some solace being second behind Swiss master Roger Federer.

"For me, Roger is the best player of all time and I am the best number two in the world," Nadal told Sunday's edition of Die Welt newspaper.

"I would be very pleased to be world number one, but that is not something which obsesses me. I am just glad to be able to play at 100 percent.

"If I one day become the best in the world, that would be extraordinary, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen," said the Spaniard who has won the last three titles at Roland Garros, which starts at the end of the month.

Nadal has been second to Federer in the ATP rankings since July 25, 2005 and the Swiss master has been world number one since February 2, 2004 - 223 consecutive weeks - which is a record.

"I have a lot of respect for Roger and I know he has the same for me," said the 21-year-old Nadal.

The Spaniard, who lost the 2007 final in Hamburg to Federer, also repeated his criticism of the ATP's calender season.

"It is a big mistake that four of the five most important tournaments on clay - Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Rome and Hamburg - are all held in one four week period," said the Spaniard.

"I need to take part in all these tournaments, I will try to give it my best shot, but I know that will be difficult.

"This calendar damages the European tournaments and especially to us, the players," added Nadal hoping that "the ATP will do what it was created for, to look after the professional players."

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
BARCELONA FINAL = NADAL CHAMPION !!! :cool:

LAST GAME OF THE MATCH!!!  :)
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mi3qqV5zM[/youtube]

HIGHLIGHTS !!!  :)
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=iz8zkNJRkKo&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
My hero Rafael Nadal Tribute!!!  :cool:

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=WFA5jQ0qq1Q&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafael Nadal- Too Good To Be True
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=x9buLYnbmyU&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafa signing a bra  :rofl_2:

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=uG9vVisdY1w&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
RAFA NADAL "I AM YOUR MAN"

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=atvtMVmuqtg&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafa will face Potito Starace of Italy tomorrow!
H2H Rafa 3 - 0 Potito !!! 

2008 Barcelona
Spain Clay R32 Nadal 6-4 6-2

2007 Barcelona
Spain Clay Q Nadal 6-2 7-5

2005 Buenos Aires
Argentina Clay R16 Nadal 6-1 6-3

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
 2nd Round

Center Court
Rafael Nadal ESP (2) df. Potito Starace ITA  6-4, 7-6(6) in 2 hours 7 minutes :yahoo:

VAMOS RAFA!!!!!!!!!  :)) :grind dance: :trampoline: :thumbs-up: :applause:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafa Muscles His Way To Hamburg Victory!

Second-seed Spaniard Rafael Nadal, who saw his record 81-match winning streak come to an end against Federer in last year’s Hamburg final, was made to work for his place in the third round Wednesday.

Having beaten Italian Potito Starace for the third successive time in the Barcelona quarterfinals two weeks ago, World No. 2 Nadal fought back from a 1-3 first-set deficit and set point at 5-6 in the second set tie-break to record a 6-4, 7-6(6) victory in two hours and eight minutes on Center Court.

The 21-year-old Nadal has already clinched two clay-court titles this season at ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo (d. Federer) and Barcelona (d. Ferrer), with runner-up finished at Chennai (l. to Youzhny) and ATP Masters Series Miami (l. to Davydenko). He has an ATP-best 33-7 match record and is 104-2 on clay since the beginning of ATP Masters Series Monte-Carlo in April 2005.

Starace, a three-time quarterfinalist on the ATP circuit at Buenos Aires (l. to Nalbandian), Acapulco (l. to Nalbandian) and Valencia (l. to Robredo), drops to 10-11 on the season (9-8 on clay). He has a 2-10 career record against Top 10 opponents (0-3 this year).

Nadal will next meet No. 15 seed Andy Murray, after the No. 15 seed beat Gilles Simon of France 6-3, 6-3 in 78 minutes. The 20-year-old Murray, who has won two ATP title this year at Doha (d. Wawrinka) and Marseille (d. Ancic), improved to a 19-8 season record. Nadal has beaten Murray in their two career meetings in 2007 at the Australian Open and ATP Masters Series Madrid.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafa plays agianst Andy Murray of Great Britain today at Am Rothembaum, 7:00 pm aprox. local time

H2H Nadal 2 - 0 Murray

2007 ATP Masters Series Madrid
Spain Hard R16 Nadal 7-6(5) 6-4
2007 Australian Open
Australia Hard R16 Nadal 6-7(3) 6-4 4-6 6-3 6-1

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Is this the new beginning of rafa's revival? Do u feel that this defeat of his today at the hands of ferrero in rome will spur him up n ll lead to uncontrollable aggression(which had taken a back step really in the last couple of yrs) from him? Will he use this anger n frustration towards improvement of his game on other surfaces? Can this defeat be an eye-opener for him?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Tennis ace Nadal spoils birthday boy Murray's party

HAMBURG, Germany (AFP) - Claycourt king Rafael Nadal booked his place in the quarter-finals of the Hamburg Masters on Thursday to spoil British number one Andy Murray's 21st birthday celebrations.

World number two Nadal needed just over an hour to see off 15th seed Murray 6-3, 6-2 and set up a quarter-final clash against compatriot Carlos Moya on Friday.

This was the third time Murray has met - and lost - to Nadal and there was little for the Scotsman to celebrate on his landmark birthday.

"His forehand is incredible on clay, I think it's one of the best in tennis," said Murray.

"I had my chances against him, but with a guy like that he is virtually unstoppable once he goes on the front foot."

With his grandmother watching in the stands here - as she did last season when he badly injured his wrist - Murray said he was looking forward to celebrating his birthday with his family.

"But I might try and keep gran away next year, so I might have a chance of winning," he quipped.

Having struggled in his second round win over Italy's Potito Starace on Wednesday, Nadal said he was happy with his performance and the blisters which blighted him last week in Rome have healed.

"My game was 50 percent better, the foot is better, I practiced a lot before this game and it showed," said Nadal.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
hercs, it's not over yet by any means.we ven't seen the best of rafa yet.......come on man, u lose faith in ur hero that early? just one damn loss due to a damn injury coz of the damn ATP schedule about which rafa too damned out his heart on the schedule recently..........

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafa will face mentor Carlos Moya tomorrow!!

H2H Rafa 5 - 2 Carlos

2008 Chennai India Hard S Nadal 6-7(3) 7-6(8) 7-6(1)
2007 Roland Garros France Clay Q Nadal 6-4 6-3 6-0 
2006 ATP Masters Series Rome Italy Clay R64 Nadal 6-1 2-6 6-2
2006 ATP Masters Series Miami FL, U.S.A. Hard R64 Moya 2-6 6-1 6-1   
2005 ATP Masters Series Canada Montreal, Canada Hard R64 Nadal 6-3 6-7(0) 6-3   
2003 Umag Croatia Clay S Moya 6-4 6-4   
2003 Hamburg TMS Germany Clay R32 Nadal 7-5 6-4

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
i won't count this ferrero's victory over rafa as doing the undone........this unfortunate injury shudn't ve hit him in rome, rafa holds rome very dearly.........ferrero has just raked up the uncontrollable aggression in rafa which will result in swiping off of hamburg n RG by rafa.mark my words........