Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 381740 times)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
I'm not sure if you guys saw this, but here is a video of Roddick imitating Nadal.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyEkw3Du3iM[/youtube]

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
I'm not sure if you guys saw this, but here is a video of Roddick imitating Nadal.

Andy has a long way to go before he dethrones Djokovic as the king of impersonations.  Djokovic's version of Nadal and Sharapova at the US Open was hilarious and he paid attention to all the details as well. 
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

Sorry Dude, but most Rafa fans have seen that kind of imitation before... many times over. If this is going to be a good Rafa thread, then I for one don't want to come up against rude impressions.  That happens to be a little "tic" for him that he's done since he was a little kid, he's probably a bit OCD when you consider the way he lines up his water bottles, etc. Last year he straightened his socks, and pushed his hair back over his ears, but people gave him so much sh*t about his habits that he's tried and dropped a couple of them.

Impressions are fine as long as they are in good fun, but making fun of someone in ways that hurt them is not funny. The impression Roddick did is not as bad as Djoker did or Soderling on the court during a match, but ALL of them are in poor taste.

So, I hope this turns out to be a pro-Rafa thread, or I, for one, won't be calling this one up... at all.

Vamos, Rafa. 

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
^^Yellow you are overreacting but I'm not going to argue with you. People are free to post what they think is appropriate, you can't make them post only things YOU like, so give me a break. I just posted this for fun, so just because you saw the video doesn't mean that everyone else did (I saw it today for the first time). Btw, I do like Nadal and I had no bad intentions when I posted that video.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Alex999 »

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
^^Yellow you are overreacting but I'm not going to argue with you. People are free to post what they think is appropriate, you can't make them post only things YOU like, so give me a break. I just posted this for fun, so just because you saw the video doesn't mean that everyone else did (I saw it today for the first time). Btw, I do like Nadal.

I know I overreact on this issue and this is the only subject that really gets me going because I think it's mean. I'm sure that people could pick out something about ME or about YOU that they could parody in some way. I'm not sure I would find it amusing and you may not as well, the difference being what they do with making fun of you or I will probably not be shown on national television or watched on youtube a million or so times. Rafa has admitted that these impressions are hurtful and that's all I needed to hear.

I don't have a problem with people saying they don't like Rafa's style of play, that they don't enjoy clay court tennis, they don't like his pants, his hair, whatever, none of those things. I don't care. To me, it's no different than making fun of a fat kid at school, or an ugly girl... it's hurtful.

Sorry I acted  :ranting: because I'm really  :angle-not:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
^^Yellow you are overreacting but I'm not going to argue with you. People are free to post what they think is appropriate, you can't make them post only things YOU like, so give me a break. I just posted this for fun, so just because you saw the video doesn't mean that everyone else did (I saw it today for the first time). Btw, I do like Nadal.

I know I overreact on this issue and this is the only subject that really gets me going because I think it's mean. I'm sure that people could pick out something about ME or about YOU that they could parody in some way. I'm not sure I would find it amusing and you may not as well, the difference being what they do with making fun of you or I will probably not be shown on national television or watched on youtube a million or so times. Rafa has admitted that these impressions are hurtful and that's all I needed to hear.

I don't have a problem with people saying they don't like Rafa's style of play, that they don't enjoy clay court tennis, they don't like his pants, his hair, whatever, none of those things. I don't care. To me, it's no different than making fun of a fat kid at school, or an ugly girl... it's hurtful.

Sorry I acted  :ranting: because I'm really  :angle-not:
No problem, I understand how you feel, sorry I really didn't mean anything bad. I'll try to contribute here the best I can. Cheers  :)

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
Article a bit out of date but still interesting. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article3883430.ece

May 7, 2008
Rafael Nadal knows only one way - full steam ahead
The Spaniard is halfway to a remarkable achievement - having won four successive tournaments in Barcelona and Monte Carlo - with Rome and the French Open left to complete the set
Rafael Nadal of Spain

Rafael Nadal of Spain
Neil Harman, Tennis Correspondent, in Rome

Rafael Nadal was changing into full playing regalia of orange vest, shorts and bandanna at the Foro Italico yesterday when Roger Federer bounded by, reasonably fresh from being run around for 1hr 23min by Guillermo Cañas. “You have doubles?” Federer inquired. Nadal responded that, no, he was simply getting dressed for business. For him, a practice session and a match demands one and the same dedication. Federer rolled his eyes and walked on.

When history acknowledges the remarkable contribution of the Spaniard to his sport, that he never gave less than his all will be a resounding characteristic. In the past four years, it has brought unrivalled success on the red clay of Europe.

Here, at the BNL D'Italia Masters Series event, for instance, he is pursuing a fourth successive title, having done exactly that in Barcelona and Monte Carlo, where, in those eight championships, he has forfeited only five sets.

Consider the effort required to achieve such a feat. Andy Murray finds one word suffices: “Amazing.” Nadal has won 103 of his past 104 clay-court matches; he had amassed 81 when that run was ended by Federer in the Hamburg final 53 weeks ago and most people thought it was the first sign of a fracturing of Nadal's ascendancy on the surface. He has long put that one to rights.
Related Links

* Nadal slams ATP schedule

* Supreme Nadal leaves Federer in the shade

* Nadal too good for Federer in Monte Carlo

There was standing room only yesterday to watch him practise. Bob Brett, the Australian who learnt his coaching trade at the knee of the legendary Harry Hopman and was in the corner of Boris Becker, Goran Ivanisevic and Mario Ancic at seminal career moments, was in the audience. “Just to watch the velocity he gets on the ball, even in practice, is remarkable,” Brett said. “At first, he just cracks the ball - pam, pam, pam - trying to establish his range, but once he does, he doesn't miss.

“What is incredible is how he has defended so many championships; no one can match that record in the professional era. He would have been the No1 in the world a long time ago at any other time in history.”

Nadal is not 22 for another month, by which time he may well be on the brink of a fourth consecutive French Open title, as well, matching Bjorn Borg's record from 1978-81. The concern would be that he plays too much for his own good and imperils the physique that takes such a battering from his playing style. There is an apprehension in the camp that a blister on his right foot will not settle down. He was favouring it yesterday, the occasional glance cast in the direction of Toni, his uncle and coach, and Rafael Maymo, his physical trainer.

They will leave nothing to chance. Nadal's long-term future is too important, his physical wellbeing the crux for someone who refuses to hold back, whether it be on the first point of practice or championship point at Roland Garros. The tennis cognoscenti loves him for that and because, from his arrival to international prominence as a 16-year-old in Monte Carlo in 2003 - he beat Karol Kucera, of Slovakia, in straight sets - to this day, Nadal has not changed one bit. “He is the same Rafa, always,” Benito Perez-Barbadillo, his public relations manager, said. “There is a tendency for those in Spain who achieve great fame to become far from the people, but not Rafa. To see the people in Italy fête him is very remarkable. He is greeted like a rock star.”

The beat goes on. As of this week, Nadal has won more matches on the tour in 2008 than anyone - 32. He insisted during the spring, hard-court swing in the United States, when holes were being picked in his game, although he reached the final in Miami and the semi-finals in Indian Wells, that he had played one really bad match all year - in the semi-finals of the Australian Open against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

Today, Juan Carlos Ferrero, his compatriot, who won the French Open in 2003 and has done what Nadal may never do - become world No1 - faces him here. They have met four times on clay, Nadal winning them all.

- Roger Federer was upstaged for a while at the BNL D’Italia Masters yesterday when Francesco Totti, the captain of the AS Roma football team, walked in and the audience’s gaze was fixed on someone at courtside rather than the two on it (Neil Harman writes). These moments have a tendency to disrupt the main event, but Federer held his game together, defeating his nemesis, Guillermo Cañas, of Argentina, 6-3, 6-3 to take his place in the third round.

Juan MartÍn Del Potro, the Argentinian who limped out of his match against Andy Murray on Monday night, has torn a muscle in his back and is expected to miss the French Open.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
@rafa ardents
 time for us to get busy....... :)) fed ll ve to defend his crucial 500 points now at hamburg......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
A positive pro Rafa thread? Wow. Thanks for starting this.  :daisies:

Dallas, you're really cool. Thought that many times, but may not have said it, so... And sorry about your man, just saw the result.

Yellowball, I understand and share your feelings about imitations. Someone like Roddick can barely afford imitating anyone else seeing as he keeps checking if his gonads are still there and teaars at his poor shirt a million times every match, not to mention his general bad on court behaviour in loads of occasions... not that I watched the clip provided, but he's a player I prefer to avoid watching in all circumstances when possible. Unfortunately he sometimes plays against someone I like to see, so complete avoidance isn't possible.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

Dallas, you're really cool. Thought that many times, but may not have said it, so... And sorry about your man, just saw the result.

Yellowball, I understand and share your feelings about imitations. Someone like Roddick can barely afford imitating anyone else seeing as he keeps checking if his gonads are still there and teaars at his poor shirt a million times every match, not to mention his general bad on court behaviour in loads of occasions... not that I watched the clip provided, but he's a player I prefer to avoid watching in all circumstances when possible. Unfortunately he sometimes plays against someone I like to see, so complete avoidance isn't possible.

I do get a little protective.  :rofl_2:  Don't mess with Rafa!  ..-)

Offline ThePAW

• Tennis God
Yellowball - What has the world come to if a guy digging out his wedgie in front of thousands of viewers, and potentially millions of television viewers can't have a little fun poked at him

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Yellowball - What has the world come to if a guy digging out his wedgie in front of thousands of viewers, and potentially millions of television viewers can't have a little fun poked at him

The World is already in bad enough shape with communications and inter-country rivalries. We don't need to add to it!  ;-() 

Like Tuulia said, if Roddick can play with his chicken parts (neck and gizzards), Rafa should be allowed to remove a wedgie when necessary.

Vamos!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061

Thanks.  But you guys better get on the move!  This thread is only 3 pages.  I will expect to see it much larger since we have a lot of Nadal fans on the forum.  So.... Get started!!!!! :)>>>>

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
I'm a little torn about this thread. It's a little crazy but I feel like I'm betraying Herc when I post here.   :Blush:  Seems kind of silly I know, but Herc intended that everything about Rafa be put on his thread and it's been perking along for sometime at a possibly record setting pace.  :head-smack:  What to do? 

I really like having a thread with positive Rafa news... but Herc is a long-time Rafa bud, and knows his tennis... especially clay court play and Rafa.  :confused1:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
you can post in both.

just you know change a word or two here or there. like on here you can say "oh no Rafa lost, i hope he's feeling fine" and post a smiling Rafa pic and there you can say "no wonder Rafa lost, look at his fitness and forehand.." and post a Rafa on hardcourt with knees bandaged pic.

:)

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
you can post in both.

just you know change a word or two here or there. like on here you can say "oh no Rafa lost, i hope he's feeling fine" and post a smiling Rafa pic and there you can say "no wonder Rafa lost, look at his fitness and forehand.." and post a Rafa on hardcourt with knees bandaged pic.

:)

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: Thats really funny, the fitness and forehand thing... perfect. Sounds like a plan.  :rofl_2:

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
Here's Rafa singing "La Bamba" last year. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG9WtTn2rhA&feature=related[/youtube]
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook

Andy has a long way to go before he dethrones Djokovic as the king of impersonations.  Djokovic's version of Nadal and Sharapova at the US Open was hilarious and he paid attention to all the details as well. 

Andy was doing impressions when Djokovic was learning how to bounce a ball 20 times before a second serve at break point.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
I'm a little torn about this thread. It's a little crazy but I feel like I'm betraying Herc when I post here.   :Blush:  Seems kind of silly I know, but Herc intended that everything about Rafa be put on his thread and it's been perking along for sometime at a possibly record setting pace.  :head-smack:  What to do? 

I really like having a thread with positive Rafa news... but Herc is a long-time Rafa bud, and knows his tennis... especially clay court play and Rafa.  :confused1:
it ll be alright when hercs too starts to post a thing or two in this thread.......ppl like u can feel vindicated......... :)
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict

I know how you feel. But there is a definite difference for a lot of people between a positive Rafa thread and a trash Rafa thread. You can obviously post in both if you like. I know a lot of people who are Rafa fans and like to support him just give up when the focus of the thread is his "limitations" and more often than not you get to read how he supposedly does more things wrong than right in tennis and in life in general. Some people like that, fine, but some people don't enjoy it and so rather not visit at all after a while. Personally I see enough negative stuff about Rafa without needing to read it in fan threads as well. I like hercules, but I don't see it as a betrayal if I have different preferences when it comes to the general tone of discussion about my favourite player.

Will try, Dallas... No need to get the guns out.  ;-()