Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 386378 times)

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
Neil Harman in the Times today (with thanks to parrott on vb):

The extent to which Rafael Nadal, the three-times champion here, was in terrible pain from a blistered foot was confirmed yesterday. A syringe was required to draw blood from the affected area, such a painful experience that Nadal was moved to bite hard on a towel to stop himself from screaming in agony. He was back on the golf course yesterday – in a buggy – so things are looking up and the Spaniard intends to play the German Open in Hamburg next week.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article3904473.ece

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Tuulia »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Draw for Hamburg!! Rafa is in the bottom half:

James Blake USA (7)
Janko Tipsarevic SRB vs Andreas Beck GER (wc)
Albert Montañes ESP vs Mardy Fish USA
Jose Acasuso ARG vs Tomas Berdych CZE (9)
--------
Tommy Robredo ESP (13) vs Philipp Kohlschreiber GER
Mischa Zverev GER (wc) vs Ivo Karlovic CRO
Juan Ignacio Chela ARG vs Qualifier
Novak Djokovic SRB (3)
--------------------
Andy Roddick USA (6)
Marin Cilic CRO vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Radek Stepanek CZE
Qualifier vs Carlos Moya ESP (11)
-------
Andy Murray GBR (15) vs Dmitry Tursunov RUS
Xavier Malisse BEL vs Gilles Simon FRA
Qualifier vs Potito Starace ITA
Rafael Nadal ESP (2)

----

I am happy with the draw: 2nd round vs Starace, 3rd round Murray, QF vs Roddick, Stepanek or mentor Moya, SF vs Djokovic -I dont think he will play in Hamburg- or Robredo.

How many qualifiers are in this tournament?  5 are in the bottom!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Draw for Hamburg!! Rafa is in the bottom half:

James Blake USA (7)
Janko Tipsarevic SRB vs Andreas Beck GER (wc)
Albert Montañes ESP vs Mardy Fish USA
Jose Acasuso ARG vs Tomas Berdych CZE (9)
--------
Tommy Robredo ESP (13) vs Philipp Kohlschreiber GER
Mischa Zverev GER (wc) vs Ivo Karlovic CRO
Juan Ignacio Chela ARG vs Qualifier
Novak Djokovic SRB (3)
--------------------
Andy Roddick USA (6)
Marin Cilic CRO vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Radek Stepanek CZE
Qualifier vs Carlos Moya ESP (11)
-------
Andy Murray GBR (15) vs Dmitry Tursunov RUS
Xavier Malisse BEL vs Gilles Simon FRA
Qualifier vs Potito Starace ITA
Rafael Nadal ESP (2)

----

I am happy with the draw: 2nd round vs Starace, 3rd round Murray, QF vs Roddick, Stepanek or mentor Moya, SF vs Djokovic -I dont think he will play in Hamburg- or Robredo.

How many qualifiers are in this tournament?  5 are in the bottom!
7 qualifiers and 4 wildcards
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

The extent to which Rafael Nadal, the three-times champion here, was in terrible pain from a blistered foot was confirmed yesterday. A syringe was required to draw blood from the affected area, such a painful experience that Nadal was moved to bite hard on a towel to stop himself from screaming in agony. He was back on the golf course yesterday – in a buggy – so things are looking up and the Spaniard intends to play the German Open in Hamburg next week.

:blue:  Poor Rafa. He tried to hang in. He's a better man than I am, of course I'm not a man, but anyway. I had a blister on my heel caused by new shoes and hobbled around for days... I hope he gets better soon and doesn't have to miss Hamburg, I think that would hurt his game further.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?

:blue:  Poor Rafa. He tried to hang in. He's a better man than I am, of course I'm not a man, but anyway. I had a blister on my heel caused by new shoes and hobbled around for days... I hope he gets better soon and doesn't have to miss Hamburg, I think that would hurt his game further.

That was a serious blister, I think he should have retired because of it but then that wouldn't be the Nadal I know.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
There's suggestions that I've heard on Skysports thats Rafa's number 2 ranking is under threat over the next 8 days, as should Djoko win in Rome tomorrow and then to Hamburg and claim the tournament there as well he will be the new world number 2- ending Rafa's almost 3 year hold of the ranking!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

That was a serious blister, I think he should have retired because of it but then that wouldn't be the Nadal I know.

I think it's odd that his foot could slide around that much inside a shoe made especially for him. No?  At least I suppose it's the sliding around that caused the blister...  :confused1:  . If that's the case then I guess I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now and to a lot of the guys. I dunno.

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict

Exactly. He looked so pissed off when he was treated, he knew he was losing the match and he was in plenty of pain, but that wouldn't be enough for him to retire. I was so proud of him.

As for eventually deciding to play after all... to even enter the court in the first place I mean - now that I didn't quite understand.

Yellowball, I'm sure all players get blisters sometimes... most non-players get blisters sometimes as well.  ;-() So no big deal in that respect.

He's in Hamburg already...

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
No surprise he is in Hamburg now.  I would have to guess he got there pretty quickly after his loss?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
No surprise he is in Hamburg now.  I would have to guess he got there pretty quickly after his loss?

Firstly, the defeat will have afforded a few extra, unscheduled days off in which to recharge his weary batteries. And secondly, Rafa will surely now arrive in Germany with added motivation to a tournament where last year he lost his unbeaten claycourt record.

(btw, Federer suffered a shock defeat to Radek Stepanek in Rome, and the Swiss star admitted that he has a few problems with his game at the moment, not least of which his backhand.)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict

Nope. As far as I know he was at home, and travelled to Hamburg today.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
My hero Rafael Nadal Tribute!!!  :cool:

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=WFA5jQ0qq1Q&feature=related[/youtube]

My hero too! Loved the video. There are lot of life lessons anyone can learn from Rafa.

Vamos.

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
Thank you... now if only I was on a pc where I can actually watch videos...  ..-)

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
Rafa says his foot isn't 100% yet, but he feels a lot better than he did in Rome.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Rafa says his foot isn't 100% yet, but he feels a lot better than he did in Rome.

That's really, really good news. I hope he doesn't play until Wednesday, even a couple more days would help. Even if he says it's better than it was in Rome... he could hardly put his foot down, it needs to be a BUNCH better.

If he plays several matches tho', it seems it could irritate it really badly again. I don't know  :confused1:

Vamos, Rafa.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by yellowball »

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

That's really, really good news. I hope he doesn't play until Wednesday, even a couple more days would help. Even if he says it's better than it was in Rome... he could hardly put his foot down, it needs to be a BUNCH better.

If he plays several matches tho', it seems it could irritate it really badly again. I don't know  :confused1:

Vamos, Rafa.
Rafa plays on wednesday because Starace and Horna did not play today! so 1 extra day of rest!!! imho he will be more agressive than ever in this tourney, cant wait to watch him!!
the problem was to win also the doubles in Monaco, he played more than expected but he made tennis history in Monte Carlo that unforgettable and amazing sunday!!

That's Rafa. Unforgettable and amazing.  He'll definitely be in the record books and be a hall of famer... he deserves to be and I hope he gets his scheduling all worked out, improves in some areas and becomes #1. That's what I hope!  :ok:   ://

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
^^^ much better attitude  :)

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
I'm crazy about Rafa. He got some great compliments during the Djoker match today, they were discussing his strength of character to continue playing with the pain from his foot and completing the match.

In profile, he does have a weak chin tho'.  :sad angel:  I guess I'd better quit giving Rog a hard time because of his schnoz, Rafa's not quite perfect either.

I can forgive him for that because of his famooz azz.  :)

I can not stop to watch this! the song is wondeful!! sadly no idea about who sings it!!
this video is perfect for you, the nº1 fan of Rafa!!!

RAFA NADAL "I AM YOUR MAN"

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=atvtMVmuqtg&feature=related[/youtube]

Oh my God! I thought I'd seen all Rafa's videos on youtube but I hadn't seen these! I don't know the singers either but he's such a beautiful boy/man. Some of those pictures are to die for!  I watched the first one you posted three times so far and the last one once, but I'm going back for more. I changed my mind about the earlier post, he is perfect.  Conchita... THANK YOU!

Beautiful body on that guy, he should thank his parents daily for those great genetics. :shocking: 

:yikes:  I noticed that I really like his game tho' before I noticed that he was gorgeous and had those fabulous: arms, legs, torso, butt, face, hair.  Uh huh, I did.

Okay, I lied, I noticed all those other goodies first and decided clay was my favorite surface. It would be great fun to roll around in the clay with... oh, never mind.

:wub:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
I'm crazy about Rafa. He got some great compliments during the Djoker match today, they were discussing his strength of character to continue playing with the pain from his foot and completing the match.

In profile, he does have a weak chin tho'.  :sad angel:  I guess I'd better quit giving Rog a hard time because of his schnoz, Rafa's not quite perfect either.

I can forgive him for that because of his famooz azz.  :)

I can not stop to watch this! the song is wondeful!! sadly no idea about who sings it!!
this video is perfect for you, the nº1 fan of Rafa!!!

RAFA NADAL "I AM YOUR MAN"

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=atvtMVmuqtg&feature=related[/youtube]

Oh my God! I thought I'd seen all Rafa's videos on youtube but I hadn't seen these! I don't know the singers either but he's such a beautiful boy/man. Some of those pictures are to die for!  I watched the first one you posted three times so far and the last one once, but I'm going back for more. I changed my mind about the earlier post, he is perfect.  Conchita... THANK YOU!

Beautiful body on that guy, he should thank his parents daily for those great genetics. :shocking: 

:yikes:  I noticed that I really like his game tho' before I noticed that he was gorgeous and had those fabulous: arms, legs, torso, butt, face, hair.  Uh huh, I did.

Okay, I lied, I noticed all those other goodies first and decided clay was my favorite surface. It would be great fun to roll around in the clay with... oh, never mind.

:wub:

so funny Yellowball!!!  :)) I said a very similar thing when I picked Rafa as my player in the fantasy game!!  :)) I changed clay for beach!  :))
I can not stop watching the videos!!! he is the best!!! I will always remember the first time that I watched him playing!!! he has made me so happy all those years!! he is perfection!!  :))
the singer is Michael Bublé, the song was written by Leonard Cohen. :cool:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by conchita »

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict

the problem was to win also the doubles in Monaco, he played more than expected but he made tennis history in Monte Carlo that unforgettable and amazing sunday!!

Well, I wouldn't say winning a doubles title too can be considered "a problem". He didn't play any more than he did last year in MC and Barcelona combined, in fact he played one match less this year: Last year he played doubles with Bartoleme Salva Vidal in both MC and Barcelona, losing in first rd in MC, but reaching final in Barcelona. He also played doubles in Rome last year, with Carlos Moya - 3 matches there. So... Playing doubles isn't a problem, the calendar is. When he plays doubles he practises less - doubles is a sort of practise for the singles, too, and it has improved his play. Plus he loves playing with his friends, and there's not similar pressure as in singles. And in doubles there's far less running and other physical exhaustion. Doubles matches are hardly tougher on him physically than his practise sessions often are.