Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 361000 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com

the problem was to win also the doubles in Monaco, he played more than expected but he made tennis history in Monte Carlo that unforgettable and amazing sunday!!

Well, I wouldn't say winning a doubles title too can be considered "a problem". He didn't play any more than he did last year in MC and Barcelona combined, in fact he played one match less this year: Last year he played doubles with Bartoleme Salva Vidal in both MC and Barcelona, losing in first rd in MC, but reaching final in Barcelona. He also played doubles in Rome last year, with Carlos Moya - 3 matches there. So... Playing doubles isn't a problem, the calendar is. When he plays doubles he practises less - doubles is a sort of practise for the singles, too, and it has improved his play. Plus he loves playing with his friends, and there's not similar pressure as in singles. And in doubles there's far less running and other physical exhaustion. Doubles matches are hardly tougher on him physically than his practise sessions often are.

I don't see why you have to bring logic into this....  ;-()

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol CrŤme (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict

the problem was to win also the doubles in Monaco, he played more than expected but he made tennis history in Monte Carlo that unforgettable and amazing sunday!!

Well, I wouldn't say winning a doubles title too can be considered "a problem". He didn't play any more than he did last year in MC and Barcelona combined, in fact he played one match less this year: Last year he played doubles with Bartoleme Salva Vidal in both MC and Barcelona, losing in first rd in MC, but reaching final in Barcelona. He also played doubles in Rome last year, with Carlos Moya - 3 matches there. So... Playing doubles isn't a problem, the calendar is. When he plays doubles he practises less - doubles is a sort of practise for the singles, too, and it has improved his play. Plus he loves playing with his friends, and there's not similar pressure as in singles. And in doubles there's far less running and other physical exhaustion. Doubles matches are hardly tougher on him physically than his practise sessions often are.

I don't see why you have to bring logic into this....  ;-()

:rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Novak looks like he wants to kiss Rafa in this pic, too funny  :rofl_2:

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Novak looks like he wants to kiss Rafa in this pic, too funny  :rofl_2:

He does! Djoko wants a little Rafa sugar. Everyone does!  :)~

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Okay, I'm a very shallow person, I love his "sneer" and the eyes shooting daggers that he has sometimes (many times) after he's won a tough point. I'm sure he doesn't even realize he does it.  It's great!  :swoon:

There's a thread that asks if Rafa has become effeminate. It's not a serious thread, but the title is funny because there is abolutely nothing effeminate about Rafa.  ::)))

I guess it's time to talk tennis. No more drooling.  :zipped:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL

Nadal - Starace 6:4, 7:6 (6)

Q: Do you feel you got better since Rome? Do you feel physically better?

NADAL: Physically I am usually better. It was a tough match. I did not practice too much in the last days. I had a problem with a blister in Rome. After that I had 3, 4 days off. I could not put the foot on the floor very well. My first day of practice was here in Hamburg when I arrived. I tried my best, but the preparation was very fast. I did not have too much time. Today, I probably did not play my best match on clay. But I am very happy because I was with very good attitude all the match.

Q: You can put the foot down?

NADAL: Yes, it is much better. It is not 100% but much better.

Q: Were you ready for a third set? You could have played a third set?

NADAL: For sure, why not.

Q: Were you surprised how fast the court was?

NADAL: The clay is a little different than in Monte Carlo and Barcelona. When you slice on the clay, it is a little different. You have to see how to arrive to the ball, for example when you arrive to the forehand, to the backhand, it is a little different, you have to move a little bit more safe. You don't slide that well. But I think tomorrow it is going to be much better for me.

Q: You had two very high quality matches against Andy before. Do you expect another one tomorrow?

NADAL: I had a very tough match in Australia and one in Madrid. So, yes. Andy is a big player, I know. He's always a very dangerous player. One of the best players of the world. I know I will have to play my best to beat him.

Q: Were you surprised about the news about Justine Henin?

NADAL: Surely, surprised. But she knows more than anyone how she feels. We have to respect her decision and support her, I think. It's an important loss for the sport and for tennis because she was No. 1, one of the best players of the world in the last years. So, disappointing for us.

Q: Do you ever think about resting this week?

NADAL: No. No. I know 4 weeks in a row is impossible but after Rome, I have to play here. I don't have more chances.

Q: You've been very complimentary about Andy Murray. What makes him so dangerous?

NADAL: He's a very talented player. He can do every shot. He can play defensive, he can play attack, good volleys, good slice, very good backhand. He changes the rhythm very well. I know he is a very tough player, a very complete player.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
I love this video! Nadal - Chennai Open 2008!!
Nice music!
Also the unforgetabble Indian girl, Rafa's Biggest Young Fan, Enjoy!

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=TQx-vqCrogs[/youtube][youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0b53RTOrM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: Clay Monster's Limitations
« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2008, 07:38:56 AM »
enter the clay monster. more than likely he will get his friend and mentor, the old man of tennis, Carlos Moya in the next round.

i dont see Nadal losing to Murray today. he may struggle but he wont lose. i am just hoping he doesnt make it a 3 hour match.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2008, 08:30:37 AM »
enter the clay monster. more than likely he will get his friend and mentor, the old man of tennis, Carlos Moya in the next round.

i dont see Nadal losing to Murray today. he may struggle but he wont lose. i am just hoping he doesnt make it a 3 hour match.

Two sets... two hours minimum;  three sets... three hour minimum. That's the way it seems anyway.

Maybe he'll have a better feel for the the court because yesterday was not pretty. I think the foot is still acting up a bit, maybe they'll have a new wasy to cushion it.

Rafa don't make it so tough for your fans!

Vamos!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »

Two sets... two hours minimum;  three sets... three hour minimum. That's the way it seems anyway.

Maybe he'll have a better feel for the the court because yesterday was not pretty. I think the foot is still acting up a bit, maybe they'll have a new wasy to cushion it.

Vamos!

lets just get this done yellowball. if you see the Clay Monster, tell him that i am not too happy with him.

Murray needs to be dismissed in under 2.5 hours.

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »

Vamos!

if you see the Clay Monster, tell him that i am not too happy with him.

haha, I think she meets him in her wild hot dreams... not to mention she would have to speak some Spanish...

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
That little girl was way cute and she watched the play... she wasn't just bouncing around waiting for a treat of some sort.

His match with Murray will be on next.  :scared:  Even tho' I'm not a fan of Murray and usually just think of him as a cry baby, he still scares me.  :Confused:

Thanks for posting the videos, I love 'em.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
Nadal emerging as the most level headed and mature of all the jokers on the circuit? ://

Still 21-years of age, he appears to tower over even the veterans when it comes to handling himself and others on and off the court.

He turns a snide remark by an opponent into an arrow that blows over his head, thereby not only taking the sting out of the hit but in a weird way endears the shooter. Remember when Ljubicic made an unfriendly remark after a match. Nadalís reply? ďI have a very good relationship with Ljubicic. I donít want to lose it because of thisĒ.

You think Ljubicic felt stupid for even saying it? You bet!!!! That incident bonded the two even more instead of tearing them apart, as it would have happened had it been any one else on the receiving end of that barb.

Nadal never responded to Federerís open and public attack on him about him being Ďone-dimensionalí. Since it was just the opposite of what Federer expected coupled with his friendly and respectful attitude when they met next after that incident, Federer just couldnít help but fall for Nadalís charm and big heartedness.

And then when everyone was piling on Federer for his poor showing, Nadal stood up for Federer and supported his friend in his time of need. You think that will remain with Federer for sometime? You bet!!!!!

Contrary to usual belief, the real man is the one who forgives and who controls his anger.

Despite being provoked by even Djokovic in his pressers, Nadal has refused to take the bait. Instead he has showered Djokovic with praise for his recent success, bewildering Djokovic out of his mind. You think Djokovic likes Nadal more than Federer. You can freaking bet your wallet on that!!!

Nadal has addressed all his press conferences after every loss in a matter of fact way that displays his exemplary maturity and respect for his fellow players, fans and the sport of tennis. Is there any doubt who must be the most popular guy in the locker room. All that despite not being anywhere close to being fluent in English, first language of most players today.

He could have been excused for any outburst after the heart breaking loss at the Wimbledon finals last year in five sets to Federer. He had reached there by virtually scaling Mount Everest in his previous matches. In all he played three five setters in that tournament, one of them lasting over a year against Soderling.

Rumors about how he cried incessantly after he reached home after that loss, confirms how deep a dagger it was for him to come so close from so far and still not carry the prize home.

But he never let his emotions come in his way of praising Federer and everyone else for their support. That undoubtedly endeared him to fans and players alike in a way thatís special and to be proud of. His never say die attitude did the rest to propel him as one of the most likable player on the tour.

He has faced many adversities in his young career, but has never relinquished his fighting spirit on the court much to the delight and gratitude of tennis fans worldwide.

But through all that we have seen of Nadal in the years he has been on the tour, the one quality that shines above everything else is his sportsmanship. He truly respects his opponent, and makes an extra effort to ensure he does step on anyoneís toes. Remember when Soderling imitated him at last yearís Wimbledon after Nadal raised the ball in his hand to signal new balls?

Most people think, based on his track record, that Nadal didnít mean to demean or irritate Soderling with that gesture. He was just following the rules. But did Nadal respond even then? No. He looked at Aunt Tony and zipped it.

However, the wrath did come out through his racket, which is where it should be limited to if you are a true sportsman.

Like I have said before, everyone can be a sportsman when things are all rosy and dandy. Whatís the big deal in that? Even my goat or even I can do that. The real test is when you are being irritated and called out in a humiliating manner by others and you not only just restrain yourself, but you say things that makes the other person feel shameful and remorseful for even having said something like that.

Itís called class. You freaks will not understand.

I hope he is rewarded for his understanding and incredible degree of restraint in a way that is good for him. You see, we as mortals donít know if getting to No. 1 in the world is good for him. Only our Creator knows that.

Despite all his handicaps, Nadal is emerging as the most human players of them all.

Great job, Nadal, we are proud of you.

No one is perfect, not even Nadal. He's been classy for the vast majority of his career, and I applaud him for that (:applause:). But everyone has their moment and Nadal it was the Wimbledon incident with Sodderling. He didn't excatly act mature and gracefully there. Sodderling was the worse for the encounter, but Nadal didn't handle it welll either.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Nadal emerging as the most level headed and mature of all the jokers on the circuit? ://

Still 21-years of age, he appears to tower over even the veterans when it comes to handling himself and others on and off the court.

He turns a snide remark by an opponent into an arrow that blows over his head, thereby not only taking the sting out of the hit but in a weird way endears the shooter. Remember when Ljubicic made an unfriendly remark after a match. Nadal’s reply? “I have a very good relationship with Ljubicic. I don’t want to lose it because of this”.

You think Ljubicic felt stupid for even saying it? You bet!!!! That incident bonded the two even more instead of tearing them apart, as it would have happened had it been any one else on the receiving end of that barb.

Nadal never responded to Federer’s open and public attack on him about him being ‘one-dimensional’. Since it was just the opposite of what Federer expected coupled with his friendly and respectful attitude when they met next after that incident, Federer just couldn’t help but fall for Nadal’s charm and big heartedness.

And then when everyone was piling on Federer for his poor showing, Nadal stood up for Federer and supported his friend in his time of need. You think that will remain with Federer for sometime? You bet!!!!!

Contrary to usual belief, the real man is the one who forgives and who controls his anger.

Despite being provoked by even Djokovic in his pressers, Nadal has refused to take the bait. Instead he has showered Djokovic with praise for his recent success, bewildering Djokovic out of his mind. You think Djokovic likes Nadal more than Federer. You can freaking bet your wallet on that!!!

Nadal has addressed all his press conferences after every loss in a matter of fact way that displays his exemplary maturity and respect for his fellow players, fans and the sport of tennis. Is there any doubt who must be the most popular guy in the locker room. All that despite not being anywhere close to being fluent in English, first language of most players today.

He could have been excused for any outburst after the heart breaking loss at the Wimbledon finals last year in five sets to Federer. He had reached there by virtually scaling Mount Everest in his previous matches. In all he played three five setters in that tournament, one of them lasting over a year against Soderling.

Rumors about how he cried incessantly after he reached home after that loss, confirms how deep a dagger it was for him to come so close from so far and still not carry the prize home.

But he never let his emotions come in his way of praising Federer and everyone else for their support. That undoubtedly endeared him to fans and players alike in a way that’s special and to be proud of. His never say die attitude did the rest to propel him as one of the most likable player on the tour.

He has faced many adversities in his young career, but has never relinquished his fighting spirit on the court much to the delight and gratitude of tennis fans worldwide.

But through all that we have seen of Nadal in the years he has been on the tour, the one quality that shines above everything else is his sportsmanship. He truly respects his opponent, and makes an extra effort to ensure he does step on anyone’s toes. Remember when Soderling imitated him at last year’s Wimbledon after Nadal raised the ball in his hand to signal new balls?

Most people think, based on his track record, that Nadal didn’t mean to demean or irritate Soderling with that gesture. He was just following the rules. But did Nadal respond even then? No. He looked at Aunt Tony and zipped it.

However, the wrath did come out through his racket, which is where it should be limited to if you are a true sportsman.

Like I have said before, everyone can be a sportsman when things are all rosy and dandy. What’s the big deal in that? Even my goat or even I can do that. The real test is when you are being irritated and called out in a humiliating manner by others and you not only just restrain yourself, but you say things that makes the other person feel shameful and remorseful for even having said something like that.

It’s called class. You freaks will not understand.

I hope he is rewarded for his understanding and incredible degree of restraint in a way that is good for him. You see, we as mortals don’t know if getting to No. 1 in the world is good for him. Only our Creator knows that.

Despite all his handicaps, Nadal is emerging as the most human players of them all.

No one is perfect, not even Nadal. He's been classy for the vast majority of his career, and I applaud him for that (:applause:). But everyone has their moment and Nadal it was the Wimbledon incident with Sodderling. He didn't excatly act mature and gracefully there. Sodderling was the worse for the encounter, but Nadal didn't handle it welll either.

Nadal is a class act, anyone can learn a lot from him.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God

He turns a snide remark by an opponent into an arrow that blows over his head, thereby not only taking the sting out of the hit but in a weird way endears the shooter. Remember when Ljubicic made an unfriendly remark after a match. Nadalís reply? ďI have a very good relationship with Ljubicic. I donít want to lose it because of thisĒ.

Nadal never responded to Federerís open and public attack on him about him being Ďone-dimensionalí. Since it was just the opposite of what Federer expected coupled with his friendly and respectful attitude when they met next after that incident, Federer just couldnít help but fall for Nadalís charm and big heartedness.

But he never let his emotions come in his way of praising Federer and everyone else for their support. That undoubtedly endeared him to fans and players alike in a way thatís special and to be proud of. His never say die attitude did the rest to propel him as one of the most likable player on the tour.

But through all that we have seen of Nadal in the years he has been on the tour, the one quality that shines above everything else is his sportsmanship. He truly respects his opponent, and makes an extra effort to ensure he does step on anyoneís toes. Remember when Soderling imitated him at last yearís Wimbledon after Nadal raised the ball in his hand to signal new balls?

Most people think, based on his track record, that Nadal didnít mean to demean or irritate Soderling with that gesture. He was just following the rules. But did Nadal respond even then? No. He looked at Aunt Tony and zipped it.

Like I have said before, everyone can be a sportsman when things are all rosy and dandy. Whatís the big deal in that? Even my goat or even I can do that. The real test is when you are being irritated and called out in a humiliating manner by others and you not only just restrain yourself, but you say things that makes the other person feel shameful and remorseful for even having said something like that.

I hope he is rewarded for his understanding and incredible degree of restraint in a way that is good for him. You see, we as mortals donít know if getting to No. 1 in the world is good for him. Only our Creator knows that.

I agree!! his personality and humility are the things I admire the most. he is not a freak
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God

I agree!! his personality and humility are the things I admire the most. he is not a freak

Yes he is. He's just a nice freak. :shiny:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline conchita

• Tennis God

Soderling is one of the worst players in the tour. horrible personality and no friends. This article is about Rafa as a human being more than as a tennis star on Centre Court. In Fact, Nadal is emerging as the most human player in ATP, he has just started his own Foundation.
bottom line Dmas: Rafa is very good as human being tand also as a player. I admire him for that. ATP tour is full of freaks
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
That little girl was way cute and she watched the play... she wasn't just bouncing around waiting for a treat of some sort.

His match with Murray will be on next.  :scared:  Even tho' I'm not a fan of Murray and usually just think of him as a cry baby, he still scares me.  :Confused:

Thanks for posting the videos, I love 'em.
that litte girl is fantastic!! she is the best example of young Rafa fans in the world! She was so happy on saturday and in tears on sunday. A true young fan!  :) it reminds me when I started watching tennis and I rooted for Stephan! I hope Rafa will return to Chennai, he is king there and all Indian fans love him! and Rafa loves India, the country, people and culture.

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
Nice girl !

I would have thought he would hold a surfboard rather than an inflatable orange float, though...  next photo he will be using one of these:

what follows ? a panda backpack ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by the Batman »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God

Soderling is one of the worst players in the tour. horrible personality and no friends. This article is about Rafa as a human being more than as a tennis star on Centre Court. In Fact, Nadal is emerging as the most human player in ATP, he has just started his own Foundation.
bottom line Dmas: Rafa is very good as human being tand also as a player. I admire him for that. ATP tour is full of freaks

And good people can do bad things when roused. In this instance neither Nadal, nor Sodderling acted mature, or with grace. I'm not making a blanket statment on Nadal. I do like his attitude.
My point is, he ain't perfect. He makes mistakes and acts out just like every other human being on the face of the earth. Like Saint Federer, like Saint Santoro. They all do dumb things on court because they are on court, in the public eye for so much of their lives. They can't help it.

An ambition fulfilled