Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 391345 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal 2008 MS Hamburg Champion!! Last Game!!
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=KrjjAQV9mgA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
hey, i just read a news thingy that Rafa said Djoko would probably pass him and he's knows that and realizes he'd just have to work harder or something. I didn't realize that Djoko will pass him. Boo. :(

Sorry, if this has been covered already.
this yr's wimbledon will make a lot of things clear.......the points difference now btn rafa n djoko is 300 odd n djokovic is seemingly closing in on that 2nd position.......we wud love to see rafa becoming no.1 this yr. without losing his no.2 position. don't we?

I don't know about the "we" but nothing would make me happier than to see Rafa be #1!

He needs to win over Djoker and Fed on hc to be a legitimate #1, hummmm.  :confused1:

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
Rafa has a tiny tear in his right thigh muscle, his doctor said treatment with anti-inflammatories and 48 hours of total rest (which, in fact, is what he had planned to rest, anyway), and then gradual return to practise and playing. Not much time to spare, obviously, but it didn't sound too worrisome.

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
Rafa was interviewed on Spanish radio on Sunday. It's in Spanish, obviously, but it's lovely, he sounds relaxed and happy, so to those who are interested, it's here:

http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/audios/entrevista-rafa-nadal-larguero/csrcsrpor/20080519csrcsrdep_3/Aes/

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
Post final presser in 2 parts:

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Post final presser in 2 parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y1axo3jP2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYYCGCJB3Y

Thanks, Tuulia!  He's amazing, so cute. I can't imagine how anyone could be more comfortable in a presser... good grief, he bites his nails, burped...  :rofl_2:

I noticed when they were preparing the ceremonial part of Hamburg, he was sitting on the bench just sort of sprawled out, legs everywhere... completely relaxed.  :rofl_2:  Roger was sitting up straight, very stoic; of course, I'm sure the loss hurt him and he was trying to maintain a sportsmanlike demeanor.

I hope that leg is 100% for him at RG.

Vamos, Rafa

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Rafa was interviewed on Spanish radio on Sunday. It's in Spanish, obviously, but it's lovely, he sounds relaxed and happy, so to those who are interested, it's here:

http://www.cadenaser.com/deportes/audios/entrevista-rafa-nadal-larguero/csrcsrpor/20080519csrcsrdep_3/Aes/

Tuulia any idea how he is approaching hit sessions in light of that muscle tear? is it true that he has asked to not play on sunday? any truth to that?

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
let's be optimistic hercules........ :)
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict

Tuulia any idea how he is approaching hit sessions in light of that muscle tear? is it true that he has asked to not play on sunday? any truth to that?

Hercules! *hug*  :) 

He had MRI scan on Monday. What he has has been called minor tear or small pull/strain, was ordered 2 days of complete rest and anti-inflammatories + physiotherapy. Returned to training yesterday (Wednesday), starting gently, practically no running said Toni. He also said it's nothing serious, and they're not worried because it's almost a week before Rafa's first match at RG. He has requested not to start on Sunday, but on Monday or Tuesday. He was expected to fly to Paris on Thursday morning, so I assume he's there already.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Tuulia »

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God

do you have a mole in Rafa's group ? you have better information than the CIA... any chemical weapons around ?

actually, he maybe picking his arse to contain chemical weapons...

Offline Tuulia

• Tennis Addict
Dear Batman, I believe you are suggesting I add sources to posts consisting of information rather than personal opinion?  :)) Apologies, then, you're making a valid point. If you were just asking, then no, but I can read Spanish, which in matters concerning Rafa helps a lot, plenty of newspapers available via net. And interviews, press conferences... and I've got TVEi (= television espaņola internacional) available at home and watch their sports news everyday. So.  :gleam:

Oh and it's official, Rafa HAS arrived in Paris.  :)

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Dear Batman, I believe you are suggesting I add sources to posts consisting of information rather than personal opinion?  :)) Apologies, then, you're making a valid point. If you were just asking, then no, but I can read Spanish, which in matters concerning Rafa helps a lot, plenty of newspapers available via net. And interviews, press conferences... and I've got TVEi (= television espaņola internacional) available at home and watch their sports news everyday. So.  :gleam:

Oh and it's official, Rafa HAS arrived in Paris.  :)

Thanks, Tuulia, for the Rafa news!  :worthy:

It's great having people on this board that can speak other languages and get us lots of information; live all over the world and get the news from their part of the globe and let us know what's going on; are great tennis players and can help to inform about the mechanics/technicalities.

Can't wait to "Vamos, Rafa" very soon.   :grind dance:

Thank you!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Oh and it's official, Rafa HAS arrived in Paris. :)

so our king has arrived in paris n is ready to finish off the formalities.......then let's get ready for the runner-up trophy race. this time there r potentially two contenders for the runner-up trophy unlike last yr, which makes the race-to-get-undressed-by-the-king-in-the-final very interesting........federer's had that 'privilege' 2 times.let's see who that 'lucky' one is gonna be this time around!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by shankar21 »
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
beware......

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
^^^
no offense intended.just for fun  ;-()

Offline irish_mike

• Tennis Enthusiast
    • Irish photo
Rafael Nadal scored his 10th career victory over Roger Federer by winning the Hamburg Masters

Tennis Book of Images - Tennis Photography -
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/440610
Hardcover, Dust Jacket
Dimensions Large Format Landscape -13×11 inches- 80 Pages printed on Premium Paper- ISBN:- 978-0-95

Offline irish_mike

• Tennis Enthusiast
    • Irish photo
Tennis Book of Images - Tennis Photography -
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/440610
Hardcover, Dust Jacket
Dimensions Large Format Landscape -13×11 inches- 80 Pages printed on Premium Paper- ISBN:- 978-0-95

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Practice shots from Paris.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God