Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 386695 times)

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
Nadal is about to get focused.  He's about to get intense.  About to instill fear across the net.  He will defend his turf, the way a lion defends his den.  No man will walk away successful, not in his house.  Deep down, every player knows going the distance with Nadal is the ultimate mental test.  Many have come close.  Many more have come up short.  Many have simply walked away.  One thing is for sure, those who choose to believe will stand a greater chance of slaying the lion.   
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
ppl opined that fed n djoko r closing in on rafa on clay after what we saw last week in hamburg. well, i ve a different perspective considering those two matches.......sure federer n djokovic came close to rafa, but only to turn back realizing the potential of the king on clay!!! he's got answers for everything.now that kills any belief left in the players quite horribly.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God

according to what I saw in Hamburg, the only advantage at this moment of Rafa over Djoko and Fed is mental and phisical stamina. If Djoko could mantain 5 sets at his rythm, he would win. If Roger hadnt choked, he would have won. I think no one can deny that the gap has closed, at least so far. I was really more impressed by Djoko tennis than Roger's. I think that Djoko would have won over Federer at the level I saw.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

according to what I saw in Hamburg, the only advantage at this moment of Rafa over Djoko and Fed is mental and phisical stamina. If Djoko could mantain 5 sets at his rythm, he would win. If Roger hadnt choked, he would have won. I think no one can deny that the gap has closed, at least so far. I was really more impressed by Djoko tennis than Roger's. I think that Djoko would have won over Federer at the level I saw.
the gap has closed, but only to widen! given that rafa's starting to peak now!!! other than mental n physical advantages,the other obviously key advantage that rafa has over the other two is his ever reliable forehand which can wilt down any one on clay........federer n djokovic clearly don't have that magnitude of forehands on clay which cud rip apart anyone.......i wud agree upon one thing that djokovic cud trouble rafa more than roger. his game is better than roger's at the moment on clay.......especially his backhand wing.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Djokovic can lose his focus n stamina within no time........seeing a possible clash with nadal in the semis for djokovic might itself be a mental setback on his hopes of winning the title,if he has any! n looking at his part of the draw, u can see players like paul-henry, canas, baghdatis n guga r lurking in there.maybe guga might not be  that a threat but the other three can be.......so, let's hope djokovic doesn't make RG boring by bowing out in the earlier rounds........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
THE KING takes to the court today........

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com

Unfortunately though it was for just 2 games and he'll have to comeback tomorrow to properly get his RG defence underway.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

Unfortunately though it was for just 2 games and he'll have to comeback tomorrow to properly get his RG defence underway.
ok , let's get ready for the slaughter of the 7 lambs.the first lamb being bellucci today......

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com

ok , let's get ready for the slaughter of the 7 lambs.the first lamb being bellucci today......

I get a better feeling that today it will happen  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
the king finished his job off in his very own style today.just pushing,pushing n knocking him over......bellucci played a good match in fact, but it was just way too gud for him n y wudn't it be when it's nadal on the other side of the court......6 more to go, VAMOS RAFA!

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Rafa had a good practice today with Devilder and was able to get off the court pretty quickly (for Rafa  :))  ).  Rafa looking good and I'm excited about the rest of RG play. We're getting down to business very soon!

Vamos, Rafa!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
The king knocks out Devilder 6-4, 6-0, 6-1 to set up a clash with another lefty(!!!) jarko nieminen of finland......pretty impressive.......5 more to go, VAMOS RAFA!

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
The king knocks out Devilder 6-4, 6-0, 6-1 to set up a clash with another lefty(!!!) jarko nieminen of finland......pretty impressive.......5 more to go, VAMOS RAFA!

Rafa played really well today, just edging the first set to demoralise his opponent and then it was utter domination after that.

Nieminen is pretty useless on clay, I expect Rafa to kill him losing no more than 8 games. In the 4th round, I expect he'll play another lefty, Verdasco, who is too erratic and unpredictable to harm Rafa. I don't think Murray or Almagro will cause any problems to Rafa here either in the quarters, especially on this surface and in 5 sets - they would win a set at most. His next real challenge is probably Djokovic, but to be honest, I don't think Rafa will lose a match in this tournament as he is too consistent and too good at RG - he will wear down every opponent eventually over the course of 5 sets, no matter how well the other person plays  :( I still think this year is Roger's best chance of winning the French Open though.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

Rafa played really well today, just edging the first set to demoralise his opponent and then it was utter domination after that.

Nieminen is pretty useless on clay, I expect Rafa to kill him losing no more than 8 games. In the 4th round, I expect he'll play another lefty, Verdasco, who is too erratic and unpredictable to harm Rafa. I don't think Murray or Almagro will cause any problems to Rafa here either in the quarters, especially on this surface and in 5 sets - they would win a set at most. His next real challenge is probably Djokovic, but to be honest, I don't think Rafa will lose a match in this tournament as he is too consistent and too good at RG - he will wear down every opponent eventually over the course of 5 sets, no matter how well the other person plays  :( I still think this year is Roger's best chance of winning the French Open though.
Yes, he teases the opponents tantalizingly and wears them down mentally and physically. His game on clay is like venom. Agree with your remaining part of the post as well.

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God

Nieminen took a set from Rafa at Barcelona a couple of years ago.....he can be annoying on clay!

Roger always has a chance, especially this year with his cup cake draw!

Offline Somil

• Tennis God

Nieminen took a set from Rafa at Barcelona a couple of years ago.....he can be annoying on clay!

The only part harder for Nadal and Djokovic is the semi finals. Apart from that, I would much rather play Nadal's combination of probably Nieminen, Verdasco and Almagro or Djokovic's amazingly easy combination of seemingly Odensik, Mathieu and Bolleli than Roger's opponents of Ancic, Soderling and Wawrinka - all form players who have done unexpectedly well on the clay so could be a danger. This is just my view point though, others may think otherwise :dunno:, but I think we can all agree than Djokovic's route to the SF is the easiest. It's lucky for Roger that he gets to probably play Davydenko/Ferrer in the semis, but shouldn't that be a benefit of being number 1 in the world?

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God

The only part harder for Nadal and Djokovic is the semi finals. Apart from that, I would much rather play Nadal's combination of probably Nieminen, Verdasco and Almagro or Djokovic's amazingly easy combination of seemingly Odensik, Mathieu and Bolleli than Roger's opponents of Ancic, Soderling and Wawrinka - all form players who have done unexpectedly well on the clay so could be a danger. This is just my view point though, others may think otherwise :dunno:, but I think we can all agree than Djokovic's route to the SF is the easiest. It's lucky for Roger that he gets to probably play Davydenko/Ferrer in the semis, but shouldn't that be a benefit of being number 1 in the world?

You can discount Ancic and Soderling....Nadal's first opponent was tougher than those two...yes a junior.

Stan.....the man? He is getting better but you forget the fact that Roger it's his idol. I don't see Stan doing any damage to Roger due to the mental block. Djoker does have the easiest draw...it puzzles me how this guy get's so lucky time and time again. Ferrer is a dark horse but he is too far away from Roger, if he was on his quarter then I would have agree with you.

Nadal's draw on clay doesn't matter? I can make a fake draw with the top seven players to face Nadal and I wouldn't surprise if he still win.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
I was so right when I said Nalbandian wouldn't make it to the QF  :rofl_2:. Nice and easy win for Rafa.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
rafa seals the deal at 6-1,6-3,6-1 and muscles his way into the pre-quarter final.......i am relieved that he gets a break tomorrow. 3 days, 3 5-set matches, that's tough on any player.......4 more to go, VAMOS RAFA!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
where are the rafa-ardents? are there any apart from me and a few others who have posted above?