Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 394638 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post articles, pictures, videos, etc. about Nadal here)
« Reply #280 on: June 08, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »
regarding lion(the king rafa) in the forest(on clay),  never prank the lion with things like trying to catch it's tail(volleys), pulling it's hair(drop shots), just show him respect from some distance(baseline), if u try to prank him by approaching, he will slaughter you.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #281 on: June 08, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »
Here is a great pic of Rafa.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2008, 05:19:31 PM »
Rafa  :worthy: :worthy:  Outstanding display today  (watched the match live with the BBC no mention of how well Rafa played, just about Roger)

Watched highlights on Eurosport (later on), it was a very balanced view of both players, and respect of how Rafa actually played ****ING Brilliant  :))

Nice to see Mirka clap Rafa at the end  :)

Never seen Roger look so lost on a tennis court, he didn't have a clue what to do out there, but the credit to Rafa  :gleam:

I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »
^^^this time borg will be right. i mean a great person like him can't go wrong too many times.lol......

This is about the 3rd time Borg has predicted Nadal to win Wimbledon.  Of course he predicted Roger to win the French so I wouldn't count too much on what Borg says... :rofl_2:

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »
Rafa  :worthy: :worthy:  Outstanding display today  (watched the match live with the BBC no mention of how well Rafa played, just about Roger)

Watched highlights on Eurosport (later on), it was a very balanced view of both players, and respect of how Rafa actually played ****ING Brilliant  :))

Never seen Roger look so lost on a tennis court, he didn't have a clue what to do out there, but the credit to Rafa  :gleam:

Look at Federer's interview, and see how arrogant he is once again.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
I don't think Roger was arrogant today. I actually felt bad for him. He was asked some very stupid questions.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2008, 05:31:40 PM »
I don't think Roger was arrogant today. I actually felt bad for him. He was asked some very stupid questions.

I agree Alex.... I think Roger handled his interview very well considering the circumstances.  Even Rafa said Roger handled himself very well after this match.  So I have no idea where the arrogant comment is coming from....

Offline Pamqnx

• Tennis God
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2008, 05:39:06 PM »

I agree Alex.... I think Roger handled his interview very well considering the circumstances.  Even Rafa said Roger handled himself very well after this match.  So I have no idea where the arrogant comment is coming from....
My comment was ironical...

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2008, 05:39:54 PM »
I'm surprised that anyone pays any attention to these interviews. They're almost always self serving. Best just to judge the performance on court and the contrast was very clear today. It's remarkable how well we are able to do this if the TV coverage is good.

I remember cheering for Lleyton Hewitt when he once refused to do one and subsequently, if memory serves me correctly, got fined for taking this stand.

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2008, 05:47:20 PM »
^^^this time borg will be right. i mean a great person like him can't go wrong too many times.lol......

This is about the 3rd time Borg has predicted Nadal to win Wimbledon.  Of course he predicted Roger to win the French so I wouldn't count too much on what Borg says... :rofl_2:
Absoluteley brilliant Dallas!!  :hysterical:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »
I agree.  Nadal played an almost perfect match.  He deserved this title.  Hats off to him.

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #291 on: June 08, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »

Look at Federer's interview, and see how arrogant he is once again.

..-)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »
I agree.  Nadal played an almost perfect match.  He deserved this title.  Hats off to him.
It was the shortest French Open men's final in terms of games played since 1977 and the quickest final, at 108 minutes, since 1980.
Rafa equals Bjorn Borg's feat of four consecutive titles at Roland Garros.
It is only the fourth time in the Open era that a men’s singles champion has won without dropping a single set. Before Rafa, only Ilie Nastase in 1973, and Björn Borg in 1978 and 1980 managed this feat.

Interesting  :)  100% Respect to Rafa (BBC  :)>>>> )

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2008, 08:48:03 PM »
What a superb play from Rafa...no words to describe him..Federer got bagelled :scared: what else can I say?

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2008, 09:34:49 PM »
is that federer's first bagel in his grandslam career? really roger was made to look like an under-12 kid yesterday......after the match roger almost broke into tears sitting in his chair but stopped that outburst somehow.....i too felt sorry for him.......but u saw rafa? not much emotions after his victory, the crowd too are too one-sided i feel......i thought they wouldn't stop clapping for at least a minute for all the efforts rafael put in......even rafa is not throwing anything(sweatbands, towels) into the crowd out of joy. come on, the french crowd though they support a guy seriously, they should at least recognize the efforts from the other side as well.......rafa was feeling like a bad-boy over there.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2008, 10:57:37 PM »
did rafa throw his sweat-bands into the crowd yesterday? i am sure he din't do that in some of the earlier rounds......it's a noticeable thing because he generally throws them into the crowd even in a match like rotterdam first round......

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #296 on: June 09, 2008, 01:14:54 AM »
did rafa throw his sweat-bands into the crowd yesterday? i am sure he din't do that in some of the earlier rounds......it's a noticeable thing because he generally throws them into the crowd even in a match like rotterdam first round......

yeah I don't get it...I think he underestimated his own superiority on clay  ..-)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: June 09, 2008, 02:29:55 AM »
^^^sweatbands is not a small issue as you are thinking.....lol......on a serious note, i am not happy. the champion is not getting the deserved respect......i know they love federer but it should not be to an extent where they show little appreciation to the winners, esp. if it is the greatest clay courter of all time.......yesterday's thumping win of rafa is a slap on the french crowd and the officials.......

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #298 on: June 09, 2008, 03:32:09 AM »
Yes perhaps they expected a closer match something like last year's wimby...they deserved it...after all even Borg expected it to be a close 5 setter...sorry for the crowds..Rafa was simply amazing

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #299 on: June 09, 2008, 07:50:59 AM »
1-6, 3-6, 0-6 is a demoralizing scoreline to be beaten with.it's a huge blow to your morale irrespective of the surface......esp. if you a world no.1 and esp. if it's your worst defeat in your grandslam history.......that will daunt him in the wimbledon too if he gets to face rafa......rafa, at the moment is playing some really fine tennis, man that off-forehand is back and rocking at its best!!! it's generally an indication that rafa is nearing his top-most form.......it's tough, but there is every possibility for rafa to lift this year's wimbledon.......