Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 360091 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
It just seems to me that a lot of Nadal fans are very 'defensive'.  I mean, everyone isn't going to like Nadal - regardless of what he does.  That's just the way it is.  We Federer fans had to put up with a lot when he was #1 like "the only reason he's beating everyone is that they all are weak", etc., etc.  So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you guys should not take it personally and don't think that everyone is against Nadal.  This is a new role for him (being #1) but the longer he stays - the more people will believe. 

Again, from experience - when Roger became #1 they said things like "well, he won't hold that for long because there's a battle of the young guns" (young guns at that time were Federer, Roddick, Ferrero, and Hewitt. ) They thought those guys would shift back and forth with the #1 ranking so they definitely didn't think Roger would stay #1 for long.  And with Agassi still around too!

Don't know if you guys remember when Roger won the Master's Cup the first year in Houston and the tournament director spent the entire ceremony praising Agassi to the point that even Agassi was embarrassed that he didn't mention Federer.

So we all have gone through the point thinking our guy has been 'dissed' - so to speak.  But you just have to hang in there because Nadal lets his playing do the talking and eventually everyone will see what you guys see.

OK... that's my 2 cents!  Now let me get out of Rafa's thread before you guys throw me out! :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafael Nadal was put to a fourth-round test for the second straight Masters 1000 event before prevailing over Stanislas Wawrinka 7-6(2), 7-6(4) in two hours and 43 minutes, Tuesday at the Sony Ericsson Open.

Nadal Battles Past Wawrinka; Murray Looks For Vengeance

ATP World Tour Champion Rafael Nadal was made to work hard for a 7-6(2), 7-6(4) victory over Swiss No. 16 seed Stanislas Wawrinka on Tuesday evening to reach the quarter-finals of the Sony Ericsson Open, an ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tennis tournament in Miami.
With 12 games unable to separate the players in the first set, Nadal had the edge in the tie-break to win it 7-2 and assume a one-set lead. However, Wawrinka continued to work hard and his perseverance was rewarded with the first break of the match in the third game of the second set, enabling him to open up a 3-1 lead.

From 2-4 down, Nadal rallied to win the next three games, robbing Wawrinka of his advantage before earning four match points with the Swiss serving at 4-5. Wawrinka stood firm to hold for 5-5 before the match progressed to a second tie-break, which Nadal clinched 7-4 with a backhand cross-court passing shot after two hours and 43 minutes of intense action.

"I improved a lot today in the match," said Nadal. "I was very focused and I played two good tie-breakers, so that's very good.  I am really happy right now. Sure, I can play better. You can't play always at 100%, but today I am happy."

It marked the second straight ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tennis tournament that the 22-year-old Majorcan was put to the test in the fourth round. Two weeks ago in Indian Wells, he saved five match points against Argentine David Nalbandian at the same stage before going on to clinch his 13th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title.

The left-hander is striving for his first Sony Ericsson Open crown after twice being denied in the title match losing to Roger Federer in five sets in 2005 and succumbing to an inspired Nikolay Davydenko last year.

Nadal takes a 4-0 career lead into his quarter-final clash with sixth-seeded Argentine Juan Martin del Potro, who broke serve five times as he dismissed Spanish No. 11 seed David Ferrer 6-3, 6-2 in 79 minutes. The two last met in the Indian Wells quarter-finals two weeks ago, when Nadal prevailed 6-2, 6-4.

-atptennis.com-
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 03:28:19 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal vs Wawrinka Highlights (HQ) Miami Masters 2009

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKO1hweB1iE[/youtube]

Nadal vs. Wawrinka, 7-6(2) y 7-6(4) en 2 h 43 mn TB 2nd Set.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwNZ6E2TZ4[/youtube]
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Hunk

• Tennis Player
Vamos Rafa nadal :) :gleam: :gleam: :gleam:

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Thanks for the videos, conchita! 

Last night was the first time I've seen Rafa show real frustration. I've seen him disappointed in a shot before, but he seemed to be just kind of "off" mentally. He won and that's super but he was not himself.  I think he's just mentally tired. Tournaments end to end, for the guy who won, doesn't give much of a chance to get mentally ready. 

He played really well in the tiebreaks, THANK GOODNESS! 

Vamos, Rafa

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
It just seems to me that a lot of Nadal fans are very 'defensive'.  I mean, everyone isn't going to like Nadal - regardless of what he does.  That's just the way it is.  We Federer fans had to put up with a lot when he was #1 like "the only reason he's beating everyone is that they all are weak", etc., etc.  So I guess what I'm trying to say is that you guys should not take it personally and don't think that everyone is against Nadal.  This is a new role for him (being #1) but the longer he stays - the more people will believe. 

Again, from experience - when Roger became #1 they said things like "well, he won't hold that for long because there's a battle of the young guns" (young guns at that time were Federer, Roddick, Ferrero, and Hewitt. ) They thought those guys would shift back and forth with the #1 ranking so they definitely didn't think Roger would stay #1 for long.  And with Agassi still around too!

Don't know if you guys remember when Roger won the Master's Cup the first year in Houston and the tournament director spent the entire ceremony praising Agassi to the point that even Agassi was embarrassed that he didn't mention Federer.

So we all have gone through the point thinking our guy has been 'dissed' - so to speak.  But you just have to hang in there because Nadal lets his playing do the talking and eventually everyone will see what you guys see.

OK... that's my 2 cents!  Now let me get out of Rafa's thread before you guys throw me out! :rofl_2:

it's not that only some are disliking rafael and we are unhappy about it..........it's about the hypocrisy they show everywhere when it comes to treating the new world no.1, the greatest fighter this game has ever seen..........particularly in the US and UK, it is plain worst..........for the respect and appreciation rafael shows to those events and people over there, they don't treat him well at all.........it's like rafael is a temporary world no.1, not genuine for them..........

he was placed in the bottom half at IW.........now he is placed in the top half and still they are making him play only after federer...........i happened to watch the BBC version of AO final and you should have seen those commentators.........i din't even care to know who they are, they grunted all the day for federer..........they praised simplest of shots for federer and talked down rafael's most heroic of the winners, talked as if federer made a mistake.........the whole commentary was like the match revolved just around federer and didn't matter what nadal did..........not just the commentators, even the organizers and needless to say their treatment towards him..........the only place where rafael is treated well is in his home country and India.........wherever else he goes, he is still pulled under the shadow of federer.......... 

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Dallas mentioned the other day that she felt the same way when Fed took the position from Andre. People didn't give Fed his due, but continue talking about Agassi as if he'd never be equalled. So, maybe this will pass with a little time, I hope so.

About the top and bottom of the draft. If you look at IW, he was at the top half of the draw then, but played second. I'd sure like to get an answer as to why!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
About the top and bottom of the draft. If you look at IW, he was at the top half of the draw then, but played second. I'd sure like to get an answer as to why!

it's quite normal, fans wait for the world number 1 to play on day 2, just like playing the night session. it's a different story sometimes in grand slams. 

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!

it's quite normal, fans wait for the world number 1 to play on day 2, just like playing the night session. it's a different story sometimes in grand slams. 

Really?  It seemed to me that Roger always played first... maybe that was just slams. How could I not have known that (she said looking puzzled).  I'm glad you came along to set me straight!  I thought they were being mean to Rafa.  :ranting: :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Just to prove that I don't think everyone is against Nadal... Jeff (in Milwaukee) came up with this stat.  (I know it should make all you Nadal fans very happy): - This was posted in SI Jon's mailbag

More of a comment but hope you like it. Barely three months into the season and Nadal has beaten every member of the current top 10. Has another player ever done this so early into the season?

2. Fed: Australian Open
3. Djokovic: Davis Cup
4. Andy Murray: Indian Wells
5. Nikolay Davydenko: Abu Dhabi Exhibition
6. Roddick: Indian Wells
7. Juan Martin del Potro: Indian Wells
8. Simon: Australian Open
9. Fernando Verdasco: Australian Open
10. Gael Monfils: Rotterdam

Not to mention wins over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (No. 11), Fernando Gonzalez (No. 13), and David Nalbandian (No. 15). I know Nadal gets a lot of attention, but I don't think people are appreciating the year he is having!

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Just to prove that I don't think everyone is against Nadal... Jeff (in Milwaukee) came up with this stat.  (I know it should make all you Nadal fans very happy): - This was posted in SI Jon's mailbag

More of a comment but hope you like it. Barely three months into the season and Nadal has beaten every member of the current top 10. Has another player ever done this so early into the season?

Not to mention wins over Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (No. 11), Fernando Gonzalez (No. 13), and David Nalbandian (No. 15). I know Nadal gets a lot of attention, but I don't think people are appreciating the year he is having!

I'm definitely happy about your post there!  I get very touchy if I think Rafa is being dissed.  :rofl_2:  I personally feel the whole tennis world should be      :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: while chanting      Rafa, Rafa, Rafa! That would make me REALLY happy, but thank you Dallas!

:rofl_2:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:52:53 PM by yellowball »

Offline huntingyou

• Tennis God

Who said everyone?

Jeff is only posting facts though.....is when people expres their "opinions" that Nadal start getting shafted by the stablishment.

Thanks for the stats though.....I didn't though about that myself! :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
One thing you gotta say about Nadal in his interviews... he's very 'to-the-point'

Q. Does a match like yesterday's match
where you feel you played terrible help you get
your attention, and did it help you play better
today?
RAFAEL NADAL: No.

Q. You played bad and you turned it
around because you played bad?
RAFAEL NADAL: No.

Q. Nothing?
RAFAEL NADAL: Didn't help in nothing,
no? These kind of matches only help to lose
confidence, no? Don't help improve nothing.

You tell 'em Rafa! :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
^^^^

Offline conchita

• Tennis God

Offline conchita

• Tennis God

Offline conchita

• Tennis God

Offline conchita

• Tennis God

Offline conchita

• Tennis God

Offline conchita

• Tennis God