Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 379540 times)

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Thanks for posting all that Nadal news and pictures.

Rafa in Shanghai. Gracious in defeat.

I hope Nadal will display some awesome tennis at the end of the season. He spoiled me.  :))

VAMOS!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 04:53:42 PM by fan »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Fan, please, you don't need to say thank you at all! it's always a pleasure to post news, videos or pictures of Rafa, the golden career slam player!  :)

the girlfriend of Nadal just made an interview this month for the magazine "Glamour".
the magazine says she is doing so well always not trying to get the attention away of Rafa. the magazine also says they are the perfect couple, and with the help of some great sources, we know that she likes to be called for her original name: Maria Francisca! not Xisca, Xisca is a name when you're a kid or a teen but Maria Francisca is already 22. Then the magazine says she was going to some tournaments where Rafa was playing just as the secret girlfriend of him. She doesn't want attention on her.
This summer she finished her studies at the university and she graduated in Business Administration. Congrats Maria Francisca!  :)
Now, she is working for one of the most important companies in the country, Endesa, and it seems they offered her the job not knowing she was the girlfriend of Rafa. She is becoming also a symbol of elegance in fashion magazines.

Here is a picture of Maria Francisca! :)

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Today there was a meeting between the organisers of MS Madrid and two TV channels for the copyrights of the event for the next 4 years.
Santana, the tournament director of the event and the Godfather of Spanish tennis said the following about Rafa "he is for sure the best spanish sportsmen of all time, and being so young, he will be in the future the best sportsmen in the world".  Santana also said that the new dates of MS Madrid are a great change because players will be more fresh and will arrive less tired to Roland Garros.
If you want to buy tickets for MS Madrid, monday is the 1st day tickets will be availbable.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Santana knows what he's talking about. I was really happy Rafa won Madrid this year, since he wasn't able to play Barcelona, it's always nice to see him win on home soil.

Since we're mentioning ladies from the Nadal tribe, I just want to add, with all due respect Rafa, but your sister is freaking hot.

And the king himself...

Vamos!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Maribel (Maria Isabel) Nadal, she is 18 years old.

Maribel is dating a promising young golfer.

Rafa was fundamental for Maribel, she really had a bad time when parents divorced last year and Rafa was constantly helping her and taking care of her. 

The mother, Ana Maria, is a wonderful sweetheart woman. She said during the opening of the Indian school by the Rafa Foundation "those kids give us more than what we give to them". She is perfect.

Also, an interesting and very important figure in Rafa's life is his grandfather.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Damn those golfers...  :mad1:

:rofl_2:

Nadal, confident about not going bald.  :lol:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
fan, I think you will like this pic, back at the Olympics in 2008 when Rafa became officialy the nº1 player in the world!  :)

it is going to very difficult to keep Rafa's thread, the golden career grand slam champion, updated for at least a week while Rafa is resting and practising at home!  

which is your favorite tennis win and trophy presentation in the career of Slam?
5- AO 2009, with his arm around the shoulder of Roger, this act went to the heart and soul of Federer
4- USO 2010, completing the career grand slam, down on his knees, tremendous ovation for one of the best sporting moments in recent years
3-Wimbledon 2008, first major outside clay in what is called the greatest match ever
2- Roland Garros 2005, first major, with the tears of Rafa while the national anthem was played

and my nº1, probably the best spanish sportsmen of all time, with the godfather of Spanish sports, Samaranch, giving him the gold medal!
Rafa, with other spanish greats, as Arantxa, carried the coffin of Samaranch in the entrance to Barcelona's cathedral this april.

Vamos Rafa!!!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:41:55 AM by conchita »

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
I absolutely love the picture.  :))

My favourite Rafa moment would probably be Wimbeldon 2008. It's hard to choose, since there's been so many moments of joy in this year only, but I have a feeling it meant the most to him.

He worked so hard to get it. I remember Carlos Moya telling a story how Nadal dreamed of winning Wimbeldon and they thought "he's just a kid, he doesn't know what he's saying"...

I guess he knew.  ://

As far as presentation goes, probably AO 2009. Not because of Federer's sadness but just how cool was Rafa about the whole thing. Like you said, his arm around Roger's shoulder. And just the fact that after winning his first hard court grand slam he goes and tells Roger "I know how you feel but you're still the best in history (perhaps he said "one of the best"). Classic Rafa.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
I agree Wimbledon 2008 was the turning point moment in the career of Rafa, first major outside clay in what was the greatest tennis match ever. I also believe that evening the torch was passed.

About the AO, I have very mixed feelings, it was so sad to see Roger in tears and not able to speak.

Rafa always knew that the difference between a good and great spanish player is the ability to not only win on clay but also to win in other surfaces. The other 2 Spanish former world nº1 came close, Moya at the AO in 1998 and Ferrero at the USO in 2003.
In fact he is the only Spanish player with 2 majors on grass, tie with Santana, and the only one with 2 majors on hardcourts.

VAMOS RAFA!!!! :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
NADAL VS FEDERER: Joining forces for the benefit of Children!  :gleam:

October 22.2010, Madrid - Spain

This is the match dreamed by all tennis tournaments in the world; a final between Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer. Together, they have played some of the most incredible matches in history and on December 22nd -from 6:30pm- at the “Caja Mágica”, Madrid will have the chance to stage a memorable meeting between the two legends in which they will be playing for a lot more than just a victory.

Organized by the Rafa Nadal Foundation, this friendly match aims to raise funds in benefit of children with disabilities and youngsters coming from underprivileged communities. After all, they are the force driving the Rafa Nadal Foundation and they will emerge as the only winners of this event.

“This will be the first time the Foundation will introduce an event of this magnitude to so many people and we really hope we can count with their support in all of our projects. This event is particularly special to me because I count with Rogers’ support. We are friends and we are both very committed to solidarity”, said Rada Nadal, Founder and patron of the Foundation.

"I am very excited to come to Madrid on Dec 22 to support Rafa's foundation. Both the Zurich event the night before and this event will be a lot of fun. Playing against such a great player like Rafa, while at the same time raising monies for those less fortunate, makes it even more special.", added Roger Federer.

The “Caja Mágica” holds more than 11.000 people. Tickets will be on sale from Monday November 1st and the prices will range between 26 to 33 Euros. You can get your tickets through the official Rafa Nadal Foundation website; www.fundacionrafanadal.com. The match will be broadcasted live in Spain on the La1 channel (TVE) as well as other countries where there will be more than 300 millions of viewers.

After the match, the Foundation will set up a Gala dinner held at the new Madrid City hall building. This event will turn into the main Christmas social event in Madrid.

It will be an intense day for both players, for the Foundation and for all the sponsors that will support the event such us MAPFRE, Banesto, Loterías Holandesas, Madrid City Hall, Kia, Babolat, Richard Mille, Netjets, Nespresso, San Miguel and the Madrid Tennis Federation.

Rafa Nadal Foundation
The Rafa Nadal Foundation was born in November 2007 out of the desire to create opportunities for children with disabilities and those coming from underprivileged surroundings. The Foundation offers educational programs where sport will be used as a tool to integrate kids personally and socially.

“2010 has been an important year for us. We started-out the year with the project ‘More than Tennis’, in collaboration with Special Olympics Spain and we have just reached an agreement with Aldeas Infantiles SOS to build a project around social integration and sports. Furthermore, a few days ago, we visited India to open-up a school in Anantapur in collaboration with Vicente Ferrer Foundation”, said Claudia Blasi, General Manager of the Foundation.

This school represents the first project done by the Foundation in which we counted with International support. Rafa was in India for a few days and he got the chance to get to know some of the children that will be attending his school to learn to play tennis. Most importantly however, thanks to the Foundation they will receive educational, nutritional, psycho-social and health support. Standing by the Foundation’s motto, we want to give children an opportunity.

VAMOS RAFA!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:14:18 PM by conchita »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
 :// to Raf for undertaking such a project.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal Voted Among World's Most Influential Men :))

by ATP Staff | 27.10.2010

© AskMen

Rafael Nadal has been voted the second most influential athlete in the world by readers of AskMen.com, which attracts more than 16 million monthly readers.

Nadal was voted 15th in AskMen's Top 49 Most Influential Men of 2010. The only other athlete to poll higher was New Orleans' SuperBowl-winning quarterback Drew Brees (6th). Nadal finished higher than NBA star LeBron James (17th), actors George Clooney (18th) and Leonardo DiCaprio (43rd) and even US President Barack Obama (21st).

The magazine says of Nadal: "Once considered “The King of Clay,” Nadal’s game has evolved into an all-encompassing barrage of lethal weapons: he’s capable of defeating anyone, anywhere, anytime. The man plays with reckless abandon, and we love him for it." (Read full Nadal tribute)

AskMen this week announced the results of their annual reader survey with Jon Stewart from The Daily Show claiming the No. 1 position after over half a million votes were cast. The 2010 list of influencers honors men who have broken convention across the worlds of business, politics, technology, media, entertainment and lifestyle. The magazine says: "These are not men who have chosen the traditional path to success, but who have nonetheless redefined the way we live today – and have clearly impacted the fans who voted for them."

“It seems that this year in particular, our readers have chosen unlikely influencers; guys who don’t always play by the rules, and in many cases, created their own norms in opposition to the current times,” comments James Bassil, Editor-in-Chief of AskMen. “Jon Stewart earned his title by speaking frankly, and in the process, successfully engaging millions of ordinary citizens in politics. This year’s top 5 - Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, and Kanye West are more than that – all found success in their fields by taking unconventional paths… by breaking the rules of their industries.”

The complete roster of this year’s Top 49 Most Influential Men, including profiles of each honoree, can be found at www.AskMen.com.  In order, the top 15 are:

1. Jon Stewart
2. Bill Gates
3. Mark Zuckerberg
4. Steve Jobs
5. Kanye West
6. Drew Brees
7. James Franco
8. Elon Musk
9. Jose Mourinho
10. Graydon Carter
11. Stephen Colbert
12. Conan O'Brien
13. Jay-Z
14. Richard Branson
15. Rafael Nadal

VAMOS RAFA!!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:36:01 AM by conchita »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
TICKETS SOLD OUT IN LESS THAN 6 HOURS!  :))

November 01.2010, Madrid, Spain

Tickets for the charity match between Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer were sold out in less than six hours. The match will take place on December 22nd in Caja Mágica (Madrid) and all funds will go towards the Rafa Nadal Foundation, which has been around since 2007 and has been helping children with disabilities as well as kids who come from underprivileged communities.

For further information about the event, please check www.fundacionrafanadal.com/unidosporlainfancia

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal Eager To Impress In London

Paris, France
by ATP Staff  | 08.11.2010

© Getty Images
Rafael Nadal is eager to finish his 2010 season with success at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal is keen to put the finishing touches on what has been an outstanding 2010 season by coming out on top at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in two weeks time.

The Spaniard has been forced to withdraw from the BNP Paribas Masters this week due to tendinitis in his left shoulder, but during a visit to the Palais Omnisports in Paris on Monday, assured media and fans that his injury would not be a concern at the season finale in London.

Nadal, who was advised by his doctor to rest and undergo intensive treatment for six to seven days before resuming practice, said: “For sure, for me [it is] disappointing not to be here. [It] is the last Masters 1000 of the year, and for sure one of my favourites of the world. So was not easy decision.

“This (the injury) is not a big problem, but I have to be careful, because if I had an injury now [it could] be difficult to play London and to play well in the beginning of the season next year. I'm not worried about London.”

The 24-year-old Nadal has enjoyed one of the best seasons in the Open Era, winning three major titles at Roland Garros (d. Soderling), Wimbledon (d. Berdych) and the US Open (d. Djokovic), where he became the youngest player to complete the career Grand Slam. He has also won three ATP World Tour Masters 1000 trophies and will finish as the year-end No. 1 in the South African Airways 2010 ATP Rankings.

The left-hander was the first player to qualify for the elite eight-man field at the year-end championships, following his triumph at Roland Garros, and is keen to lay to rest the demons of last year’s trip to London, when he arrived not at his physical peak following a succession of injuries and lost all three of his round-robin matches.

“I going to be with special motivation, with special allusion, and I'm going do all in my hands to play well there," said Nadal. "It is a goal for me to try to improve the image of last year in London. I think I am focused to try to do this.

“We will see what happens; I am focused on trying to play well there. [It] is probably the most difficult surface against the most difficult opponents for me, so probably is the more difficult tournament for me to win during the year. But I am here to try."

The Mallorcan will be joined at The O2 in London by Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Robin Soderling, with six players in contention to clinch the remaining three spots in Paris this week.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
That's what I'm talking about.  :)>>>>

Nadal is so focused and I have no doubt he will play great in London. Whether that brings him the trophy or an early exit, time will tell.

But I know it will be good.

VAMOS RAFA!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Two pics of Rafa in Eurodisney, Paris! :))

with Goofy

and Minnie

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
 :))

Great pictures.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Sportsillustrated wrote an awesome article about Rafael Nadal.

MY SPORTSMAN: RAFAEL NADAL

November 16.2010, Mallorca, Spain

Article by: Sportsillustrated.cnn.com

Sports Illustrated will announce its choice for Sportsman of the Year on Nov. 30. Here's one of the nominations for that honor by an SI writer.

By any measure, it was a banner year for athletes from Spain. La Furia Roja, of course, won the World Cup. Despite what the MVP voters indicated, Pau Gasol was vital to the Lakers' title run. Though his win was later tainted (is this not always the case?) Alberto Contador took the Tour de France. Still, when it comes to athletes from the world's new sports powerhouse, Rafael Nadal is el mejor.

In a short time, Nadal has gone from a clay-court impresario to a worthy opponent of the great Roger Federer to a player who, himself, might retire as tennis' most accomplished practitioner of all time. In 2010, Nadal brushed up an already-impressive resume, winning three Majors, ascending to the ATP's top ranking and generally beating all manner of opponent on all manner of surface.

For more than 25 years, no man had won both on the clay of the French Open and on the grass of Wimbledon in the same summer. Nadal has now pulled the "summer double" twice in three years. Before this year, Nadal had never even been to the final of the U.S. Open. In 2010, he won the event, dropping just one set along the way, thus completing the "career Grand Slam," i.e. winning all four Majors.

For the better part of the past decade, tennis fans have been treated to Federer's graceful, stylish tennis. If Federer is Monet, all light and delicacy, Nadal is Jackson Pollock, all force and power, all toil and trouble. Nadal is, by his own reckoning, something other than a natural. "If I could play like Federer, trust me, I would," he says. Yet precisely because he's not a natural, he works like hell at improving. In 2010, he added an almost uncanny amount of wattage to his lefty serve. He developed his net game to the point that no less than John McEnroe has deemed Nadal one of the best volleyers in tennis. In part because of the knees he's worked to strengthen, Nadal, at 24, moves as well as ever.

There are players who serve better than Nadal does. There are players with flatter, more potent strokes. What does Nadal do so well? For one, he has no peer at going from defense to offense, scrambling to retrieve shots and whistling them back. (He resembles the superhero who doesn't just catch the thunderbolt; he then chucks it back with more force.) Beyond that, Nadal is the most mentally tough athlete -- not tennis player; athlete -- in sports today. He just doesn't have the "choke" chromosome. The bigger the stakes, the better he plays.

One example among many: During his U.S. Open run, Nadal and Denis Istomin were deep in a second set tiebreaker. At 4-1 Istomin made a spectacular shot, leaving a skid mark on the court as he reached the ball, and then poked a winner to put him up 5-1. Nadal went to serve, but first, made eye contact with his opponent and tapped his racket in applause. Nadal then rolled off six straight points to take the set.

That's something else about Nadal. While his results border on ostentatious, his personality remains defiantly humble. Trying to inflame his rivalry with Federer is a fool's errand. "Roger is better [than I am]. Anyone who knows tennis knows that." (Imagine for a moment, say, LeBron James openly conceding the superiority of Kobe Bryant.) You'd be hard-pressed to find a top-tier athlete who signs more autographs, poses for more photos, makes fewer false moves.

When the 2011 season kicks off, Nadal will go for his fourth straight Major in Australia, already hyped as the "Rafa Slam." And with each Major he wins -- he's up to nine already, more than folks with surnames like McEnroe, Agassi and Connors -- the "Greatest of All Time" talk will only intensify. But for now, let's pause to acknowledge a standout season turned in by a standout competitor. Nadal for 2010 SI SoY? Si. Hoy.

http://www.rafaelnadal.com/content/my-sportsman-rafael-nadal

:cool:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Rafa can sing too!!!  :cool:

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro