Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 374657 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Nike 'Clash of the Champions'

Maria, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Serena Williams will be facing off in Nike's "Clash of the Champions' on March 8 at the Matthew Knight Arena in Eugene, Oregon.

The event, which will begin at 5:30 p.m., will feature Maria and Williams playing a singles set, followed by a mixed doubles set and concluding with a men's singles set between Federer and Nadal.

A portion of the proceeds from the exhibition will benefit each of the four athletes' charitable foundations.

Tickets for this special showcase go on sale Friday, Feb. 4, at 10 a.m. and can be purchased online at www.MatthewKnightArena.com, at all Tickets West outlets, at the Matthew Knight Arena box office on 13th Avenue, and by calling 1-800-WEBFOOT (UO athletic ticket office) or 1-800-992-TIXX (Tickets West). Ticket prices range between $25 and $85.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
How did the injury go from the left thigh to a torn abductor in the right leg????

Rafael Nadal sidelined for 10 daysEmail Print Comments242 Associated Press

MADRID -- Top-ranked Rafael Nadal will need 10 days to recover from a leg muscle injury sustained during his quarterfinal loss at the Australian Open.

A statement released Tuesday says a scan revealed Nadal tore a muscle in his right leg during last week's straight-sets defeat to fellow Spaniard David Ferrer.

The loss ended Nadal's hopes of holding all four Grand Slam titles at once.

Nadal is recovering on his home island of Mallorca. He is expected to be available for Spain's Davis Cup match against Belgium in March and Masters events at Indian Wells in California and Miami.

CONK da ball!!!

Offline lizbeth

• Tennis Addict

I'm like you, Monster.  What is the exact injury?  I seriously doubt if he "tore" the muscle.  He couldn't have run the way he did, not to mention finish the match with a torn muscle. Also, he would need a lot more than 10 days to get over a full tear.  Probably it was a severe strain, but it would all sound more official if they could decide which leg it is!  Either way, I wish Nadal a speedy return to the tour.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Heck, it's possible he hurt both legs!
It doesn't sound severe, and when you chase as many balls as Nadal, there are bound to be many aches and pains of varying degrees.  Kudos to him for finishing the match, there are many pros out there who would have taken the loser's check and called it a day.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Oregon Exhibition- Nike Clash of Champions

Rafael Nadal, the world no.1 player has thrashed out Roger Federer in an exhibitions match which was held in Oregon. It was one of the most spectacular occasion in front of 12,220 tennis fans, at the University of Oregonís new $227 million basketball arena on Tuesday night, 8th February, 2011.

It was another fantastic exhibition match at the Nikeís Clash of the Champions between the world top two players, where Nadal has defeated Federer with 7-5 at University of Oregonís.

Along with world top two players, Nadal and Federer at the Clash of the Champions were Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka, who also played a Womenís single match.

Victoria Azarenka has beaten the former world no.1, Maria Sharapova in the womenís singles match with 5-4 (5-0) in a tiebreaker. Victoria Azarenka was replaced by Serena Williams, the American no.1, in the Nikeís Clash of the Champions. Williams has withdrawn from the exhibitions match because of injury.

The group of four players played a set of mixed doubles and the big Surprise for the event was John McEnroe.

McEnroe took umpireís chair for the mixed doubles match and the other two Guest for the event were Joey Harrington and Dennis Dixon, the former Oregon quarterbacks and they took the role of sideline judges.

With the former two world no.1 players, Sharapova and Federer leading 5-3 in the doubles match,  McEnroe and Federer changed their places, as McEnroe united Sharapova on the court and thrilled the crowd with some of his old magic, getting the team to match point before Federer came back to polish off a 6-3 victory with an ace.

Federer has said about Nadal that, we had many big battles over the years and also had some wonderful moments in exhibition play and played in some amazing places and this is obviously very special doing it for Nike in a place that means a lot to Phil. They are very happy to be here tonight.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
rafans await

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Awesome pic!!!
I played on the court a long long time ago. :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Awesome pic!!!
I played on the court a long long time ago. :))

when? must have been a great experience to play in such locality.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
In the late 1980's.
The view over the bay was/is stunning!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
I am looking forward to see our favourite Mallorcan whip the pretenders once more!! ;-() ;-() Climate change is wrecking havoc world-wide, but the desert storm, named 'Rafa' that hits European clay-courts every spring, is a constant.. :king:

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
I am looking forward to see our favourite Mallorcan whip the pretenders once more!! ;-() ;-() Climate change is wrecking havoc world-wide, but the desert storm, named 'Rafa' that hits European clay-courts every spring, is a constant.. :king:
:)) Good stuff props!

Though my favorite Mallorcan is Moya. ;-()

Odd that such a small island could produce 2 gifted tennis players.  Both slam champs and one a living legend.

Did you know that Moya is left-handed and learned to play tennis right handed the exact opposite of Nadal?  What a coinkydink. :upside down:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:59:04 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
How very interesting that Moya is a natural southpaw! He was a favourite of mine as well.. His contemporaries from Spain were a good lot - Corretja, Ferrero were bloody good players and very like-able as well.. Spanish tennis' purple patch seems to grow darker every generation!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
How very interesting that Moya is a natural southpaw! He was a favourite of mine as well.. His contemporaries from Spain were a good lot - Corretja, Ferrero were bloody good players and very like-able as well.. Spanish tennis' purple patch seems to grow darker every generation!!

i thought corretja deserved to win the french open once, more than costa.........ferrero was really good till 2004 before injuries took over and derailed him........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
clay: festival of tennis

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
The Catalans have outlawed bull-fighting, but all Monaco is cheering on this Bull destroy his opponents!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
that particular cameraman is the luckiest one in the entire ATP organization.........