Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 376153 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Rafael Nadal tears during the minute silence to Severiano Ballesteros

they played golf together many times, he dedicated the victory to Seve.

on this sad day, even more! proud of you Rafa! because you are a better person than a tennis player!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ebaH3O5h0o[/youtube]
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Always nice to see the personal side of professional players.  He really seems to be a class act.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Nadal is arguably the classiest person on the ATP.. I had my doubts after the Shakira music vid, but everybody makes mistakes!! :)) :)) Rafa, you are phenomenal!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Nadal is arguably the classiest person on the ATP.. I had my doubts after the Shakira music vid, but everybody makes mistakes!! :)) :)) Rafa, you are phenomenal!!

why would anybody want to miss an opportunity with a hottie like shakira?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
this is old and I'm sure most you have seen it, but I always laugh so much when I see this video, so cute  :rofl_2:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acNUrlKp8t0[/youtube]

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair

why would anybody want to miss an opportunity with a hottie like shakira?
If Rafa did not mind, then I don't either!! By the way, Rafa has Xisca to tango with!!  ;-()

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
RAFA NADAL's OUTFIT FOR FRENCH OPEN 2011 !!

You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
cool blue........he should try red for a change.........thanks for the pics.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Blue is a good colour for him  :)  Atleast better than the ridiculous pink  :rofl_2:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
cool blue........he should try red for a change.........thanks for the pics.......

no problem mate..:)..he did try red at the aus open 2011..not very lucky.. :confused1:

Blue is a good colour for him  :)  Atleast better than the ridiculous pink  :rofl_2:

definately...still remember the French open 2009..couldn't follow the game too much as i was distracted by that horrible shirt.. :)~
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:03:22 AM by ashwin#1 »
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Interview with Rafael Nadal
Rome, May 15th

Q: Rafa -- did you expect him -- and to having such a long and hard match against Murray last night -- did you expect it to come out and play as if it never happens.
Nadal: He is a very good player and very own performance physically and mentally. This level of performance is very high and I expect nothing else -- probably playing late in the night and that did not help me a lot because I felt -- certainly my level felt much better today than it did in Madrid. I today I was able to go inside the court and move well and to play more aggressive and I think I did. I am not that today I am not disappointed about my match and I am not sad tonight. We will try next time.

Q: I had an opportunity to speak in the right actor the match and you played fantastically but he also said that this is the best match your is played so art. What you think about that statement.
Nadal: Today?

Q: That he played the best match
Nadal: I repeat the same -- but I did not see no match because there is no channel in the hotel – so -- I saw him playing very well and especially in the important moments he is something unbelievable because he had I had 15-30 and 15-30 and he played on the line -- on the line all the time. I try it but I just could not outplayed him and I will keep working and I am on the right way and I am going to do my way it all the time. I am all the time – 6 straight finals and I lost 4 and I am playing better than the rest right now. What she is doing is unbelievable and then there all the time and my goal is to be there the next time so, if I find the next time I will have another chance if not I will not have the chance. Both I am focused on my way -- today no not today -- the last few months he is in a different level and of the rest of the players and the second on the race will with good points and I am happy about my system -- seriously -- I have important persons………. about how I am doing this year. We will see what is going on in the future. I think this week was very positive for me and I finished the match -- I finished the week playing better than the beginning and so this is always very positive end when you are bored with start and it is not happening and that was with everything from Madrid. I am in the right way.

Q: Rafa -- it must be hard for you because you have lost their matches to match but can you appreciate how incredible this is good tennis what she is doing. We write the stories and it is something amazing that it is happening at the moment. Is not it?
Nadal: Yes -- he is doing amazing things. Is doing a really tough man and he is doing -- winning every match and he is doing and that is true -- he is playing fantastic and a lot of things very well and a lot of confidence so sure and that is the moment of that tennis. He is doing fantastic things.

Q: Rafa -- you have now lost two matches in a row to Djokovic on clay. From
Nadal: What

Q: You have lost two matches on clay from him. Everybody considers you to be the best player on clay….
Nadal: I was….

Q: Do you think that has changed now and you will now see you as more beatable now because of this
Nadal: Maybe but seriously it is not my problem. My problem is to be there and improving my level of working hard to arrive to the next turn in perfect conditions. It does not matter a -- the most important thing is to be confident with myself and be happy but what I am doing. I have doing everything that I can so -- I cannot ask myself more and I am trying and I am doing very well but one player is doing better than me.. The champion in my opinion is not only be able to win every week it is when they are able to wait at the right moments and I am waiting at every week trying to find solutions and we will see what is going on next time so -- I have to be with calm and I have a lot of calm because I have a lot of trophies at home -- more than what I have dreams that and so seriously -- one player is now winning every almost everything and the second -- let us keep trying all the time and that is not going to continue our S for ever because it is impossible. I wish him all the best and I had to wait my moment to win another time and that is what I am going to try.

Q: Leading on from that last question -- it is one thing to lose twice to note that on clay or three sets -- but how do you assess -- what you think about Nadal vs Djokovic on clay over 5 sets in the French Opens. Does that give you were advantage?
Nadal: No -- I really do not know. I lost straight sets both times and so it does not make a big difference if I do not play 5. The first thing is that I was close from lots of moments in the second set -- I was close -- and in the first set sorry I was at the end of the second I was there too. Nothing else -- we will see what else is going on next time. Rossini at the Roland Garros repeatedly in the final -- or if we are not in the final.

Q: I have big impression that sometimes you are playing a little short. I do not know if it was because Djokovic was eating so fast that you could not play longer. Do you think all so this string is could change sometimes the problem when you play two short….
Nadal: the strings?

Q: Yes -- the tension of the…. there is nothing you can do when you are playing too short.
Nadal: First of all I do not know if I am playing too short. I was happy how I played today and I think…. remain a little bit more when I hit that one has gone back and open a little bit more on the courts because I did not hit that ball but it seemed like he always says a better position to open the little bit more so it is not sure I can play a little bit longer -- I am going to try…. the point of the thing is probably I do not play as long as I am in love but I am more aggressive than one week ago and I was all the time in defence position today but I was able to attack a lot of time with my forehand and if that did not happen one week ago and so that is the way to go. Play longer -- maybe -- maybe I have to do it and so let us analyse a little bit more but sure -- the way is to play more aggressive and to play longer and group difficult balls because he is playing fantastic from all the places it is. The only way is to play like Bellucci play in Madrid were one set and a half -- playing very aggressive with the forehand -- that is the way. It

Q: Which is the way -- that being you do not live in Djokovic game. What is his most difficult of the most biggest problem in his game for you because he is very complete player …. is -- he is in predictable and you do not know what is happening and it either way how to go through
Nadal: Or use the complex player and he can do everything and he can defend very well and he can attack very well liked before so -- I think the problem is this very very good and this is the biggest problem because when you play against a very good player and he has the chance and you do not have one point to attack in the game today he was playing fantastic but watching the positive things -- it is true that and see you put in at the last 4 Masters 1000 and that is the but I pulled away a lot of important things too, so -- during the careers of everybody there is always happens and the semi-finals of the Olympics, the final US open but two semifinals of Roland Garros and a lot of important things were true that I beat him in the past I can only is beating the last four times important matches to us. We will see what is going on in the future

Q: Rafa -- you try to change a little bit from Madrid with perhaps some high balls? You tried to change the rhythm
Nadal: What?

Q: With high balls -- change the rhythm.
Nadal: yes, that is true -- you know the problem is that the court because the rain and it was late night and not the ball does not bounce lots and so it was less difficult for him to play inside and to attack the ball and it is true -- I lost Madrid and I tried different things today to do and I try to play more against his forehand and all the time against is that an and it worked well I think. High balls coldly it did not work that well because he was playing with fantastic control from the back. We will see the next time.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
"We will see the next time."

come ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
My problem is to be there and improving my level of working hard to arrive to the next turn in perfect conditions. It does not matter a -- the most important thing is to be confident with myself and be happy but what I am doing. I have doing everything that I can so -- I cannot ask myself more and I am trying and I am doing very well but one player is doing better than me.. The champion in my opinion is not only be able to win every week it is when they are able to wait at the right moments and I am waiting at every week trying to find solutions and we will see what is going on next time so -- I have to be with calm and I have a lot of calm because I have a lot of trophies at home -- more than what I have dreams that and so seriously -- one player is now winning every almost everything and the second -- let us keep trying all the time and that is not going to continue our S for ever because it is impossible. I wish him all the best and I had to wait my moment to win another time and that is what I am going to try.

A look inside the mentality of a champion!
He will be there for many more turns I think.
Perhaps they will meet again at RG and he will have the chance to test Nole in a best of five match on clay.

CONK da ball!!!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Rafa played great, nothing else to say. I'm damn proud of him. Six straight finals is amazing. Sure, he lost 4 to Djokovic but Djokovic is the best player in the world right now.

There will always be some who will try to make it seem like losing these finals is something terrible but the fact remains Nadal is there in the final. All the time. And he will be in the future.

VAMOS RAFA, THE KING OF CLAY!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
greatest fighter in the history of tennis

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool

Q: That he played the best match
Nadal: I repeat the same -- but I did not see no match because there is no channel in the hotel – so -- I saw him playing very well and especially in the important moments he is something unbelievable because he had I had 15-30 and 15-30 and he played on the line -- on the line all the time. I try it but I just could not outplayed him and I will keep working and I am on the right way and I am going to do my way it all the time. I am all the time – 6 straight finals and I lost 4 and I am playing better than the rest right now. What she is doing is unbelievable and then there all the time and my goal is to be there the next time so, if I find the next time I will have another chance if not I will not have the chance. Both I am focused on my way -- today no not today -- the last few months he is in a different level and of the rest of the players and the second on the race will with good points and I am happy about my system -- seriously -- I have important persons………. about how I am doing this year. We will see what is going on in the future. I think this week was very positive for me and I finished the match -- I finished the week playing better than the beginning and so this is always very positive end when you are bored with start  :rofl_2: and it is not happening and that was with everything from Madrid. I am in the right way.

This is SOOOO cute :D Look at the way he speaks!!!

Q: I have big impression that sometimes you are playing a little short. I do not know if it was because Djokovic was eating so fast  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:  that you could not play longer. Do you think all so this string is could change sometimes the problem when you play two short….
Nadal: the strings?

Q: With high balls -- change the rhythm.
Nadal: yes, that is true -- you know the problem is that the court because the rain and it was late night and not the ball does not bounce lots and so it was less difficult for him to play inside and to attack the ball and it is true -- I lost Madrid and I tried different things today to do and I try to play more against his forehand and all the time against is that an and it worked well I think. High balls coldly it did not work  :rofl_2: that well because he was playing with fantastic control from the back. We will see the next time.

Lol Rafa's interviews are so hilarious  :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:54:03 PM by falcon »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
i never get tired of watching this match........just watch borg's reaction at 3:41.......

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lx6WWfs7SI&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
^^ Borg had no expression (May be jealousy  :)~)!! Anyway that was indeed a very good match. I want that again in this RG with Rafa winning of course. Rafa should play the way he is playing here...of course Nole is hitting the ball a lot more flatter now and he is brimming with confidence and also he's keeping the points very short as opposed to how he tried keeping up with Rafa in this match. But Rafa just has to get his backhand right and hit the forehand a lot flatter against Nole.

Vamos Rafa!!!!!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
concurred, borg was just stoned watching that match.........the difference i see in djokovic's game since then is his superior movement and stamina.........

nadal now is playing at probably 50% of that level.........hope he ups it for the french open.........

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
I think so far this season Nadal played really good. Consistent enough to reach finals, but as pointed out before Nole is simply amazing this year.

What I find weird is that Nadal played better on HC than he does on clay. I have to agree that his shots are nowhere near as dangerous as they were last year, but I cannot provide any logical explanation, except a drop in his overall form.

Even when he wasn't playing his best, I think he did fine in Madrid and Rome.

But these first two rounds at RG have been far from convincing. I think he will raise his level.

Some pics to enjoy...