Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 379822 times)

Offline Sonja1989

• Tennis Player
Vamos Rafa!!! 

Good match today, finally the magic bagel also happened.  :))
Vamos Spanish players!!!

Marcel Granollers :)) :worthy:
Łukasz Kubot :lust:
Rafa Nadal :spot on:

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
great post, that is what he is all about........the will, the forehand, the jubilation, the grace........rafael nadal........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict
great post, that is what he is all about........the will, the forehand, the jubilation, the grace........rafael nadal........

and theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ass scratch...

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
thanks for those amazing pics ,fan !!! :lmao:

btw..Its Rafa's B'day today..so..HAPPY BIRTHDAY NADAL !!! 
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
From Nadal - Murray match

Courtesy of Rafael Nadal official forum.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Thanks Fan...these are some great pics here

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
By Larry Brown June 4, 2011 - Posted in Tennis[/size]

Our culture is one where there is a win-at-all-costs focus, regardless if its in the business arena, education field, or in athletics. Its unfortunate that honesty and sportsmanship arent valued more heavily, but thats a moral debate for another time. The point is that very few athletes will point out a bad call when they should, if it means losing.

Rafael Nadal is different from most athletes.

As Busted Racquet pointed out, Nadal overruled a line judge during his semifinal match against Andy Murray at the French Open.

Murray was serving to start the second set and he had the advantage. His first serve was called long, but Nadal went up to check the spot, saw that it was good and walked to the side of the court to take a rest before the next game. The concession that the serve was in gave Murray the game and the 1-0 lead in the second set. Nadal ended up winning the match, so its not as if being honest hurt him. Its too bad more players dont feel the same way; what honor is there in winning if you know you didnt earn it?

Busted Racquet also points out that Novak Djokovic did the same thing in his semifinal match against Roger Federer. Novak lost his match, but he did the right thing. If all players called things honestly, there wouldnt be as much of a need for judges. Someone like Justine Hennin should take note.

About Larry Brown:

http://larrybrownsports.com/tennis/rafael-nadal-shows-proper-sportsmanship-gives-andy-murray-point-on-serve/71492

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Words of Toni Nadal...

Rafa said earlier that he had not the level to win RG. Now he has?
I donít know if itís enough to beat Federer or Djokovic. But at least it is better than the previous matches. Thatís a good thing.
Rafa arrived in unusual conditions according to his standards:  two losses on the clay. Do you grab (correct??) him differently?
Off cours! It didnít  go the way it supposed to go. I try to speak more to him, give him the necessary confidence.
Does it work?
We shall see.
Rafa has won RG already five times. Is it not becoming difficult to motivate him?
Excuse me? If you're at Roland Garros and you're not motivated, then you can better stop playing tennis.
What keeps him driving? That sixth title, something only Bjorn Borg achieved?
Thatís not on our mind. For us, it is like the first time. Records is something you can look back to, after your career.
Could it be, that the dip form the last couple of weeks, is caused by less motivation?
It was partly technical. His game was not good. And partly mental. During his  training sessions he touched the ball well, but when we arrived here, it didnít work anymore. It was like he had lost his serenity to play. Rafa is obvisiously more nervous than other years, he has become afraid.
By whom or what?
By losing to Djokovic. By the tension and stress which is here in the air. That makes that he is scared. And that's a problem.
Who causes him more fear: Djokovic or Federer?
I donít know? I think he is afraid the next opponent.
Can you compare the stress of tennis player with the stress of a footbal player?
Football players donít know any stress. I know this because my brother played by Barcelona. And by the Spanish team. You have to check their faces when they enter to field. Football players laugh, joke in the playersí tunnel. The face of tennis player is convulsive, characterized d by the tension and stress.  There is much more to lose. If he loses, heís out. Next, the stress of the following tournament starts. If you win, you can barley enjoy your victory, because the next day the following match takes place. Football players always have a whole week to prepare for their next match. I saw my brother loosing the champions league final, against milan. Iím not saying he went partying afterwards, but he wasnít very down either.                                                   Rafa is not only playing for a sixth title, but the number one ranking as well. Does that cause any extra pressure?
I would sign immediately to become number 2,3,4, ... as long as we win roland garros. Winning is the only thing that counts, the ranking is subordinate.
In the man's game the four best players of the world made it to the semis. As a tennis lover, you must enjoy this?
Absolutely not, I preferred 3 players who are more weak by the last 4. Or that they were on the other side of the draw. Unfortunately that's impossible. Federer, Djokovic, Murray, i like watching them play, but not against us. They are too good.
We are from Belgium, so a Belgian question: what did you think of Kim Clijsters?
Kim clijsters, has she played, here?
You are kidding?
Non i did know that. Has she lost?
2 round, against a Russian player, number 144, while she was 6-3, 5-2 up and had two match balls. Do you understand that?
Incomprehensible, but it happens more often in tennis. In tennis the mental pressure is very high. When you are 3-0 up in football, you win the match. In tennis you can be 6-3, 5-2 up and still lose the match. Youíre never sure. This is partly due the scoring. Even if you win 3 points, you can lose the game. So the points you won, were for nothing. This is frustrating and causes stress. As a result youíre never tranquil.
Federer-Nadal final tomorrow. Who has the most pressure?
Everyone has the same pressure. You can not be in the final without having any pressure. They both want to win Roland Garros. And who can win, has the pressure.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
I BELIEVED!!!  :not worthy:

Pics coming soon....

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God

Congrats to Rafa!!!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Congratulations Rafa on your 6th title at Roland Garros!!!!!

It is a great honour to say this, to a very special and humble sportsman:

Every now and again sports give us someone who seemingly have it all. Rafa, you have it all: passion. courage, talent, charisma. When the impact is measured on a global scale and goes beyond your sport, that individual is rare! He was only 18 when he came into the tennis scene, charismatic, swashbuckling, a genius. He did his charge and he is one of the greatest show on earth. The teenager, the golden gran slam champion.  One of the most creative tennis players I have ever seen. A magician at work, tennis played by Nadal is art, not sport. They love, they, they, adore him. The way it all happens, it is in, the forehand is somebody's else. A one man spanish exhibition. A hero. A legend. He belongs to a group of tenins players who have changed the image of tennis all around the world. Your achievements speak for themselves, golden grand slam champ, 10 majors, but is it not yet those achievements that makes you special , more so it is the way you do it, you do it with a lot of imagination, lots of skills but most important you do it with all your heart. Such desire, adrenaline and passion. It is an immense pleassure to be your fan. Rafa Nadal, from teenage sensation, to spanish davis cup hero, to golden grand slam champion but to me and you he is and will always be simply Rafa, an incredible man. 

Bravo Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Beautiful post.

I started playing tennis because of Rafael Nadal and being his fan has been one of the most exciting things ever.

Thank you Rafael Nadal.  :thank-you:

Enjoy Rafa! We sure as hell did.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:05:34 PM by fan »

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Congratulations Rafa on your 6th title at Roland Garros!!!!!

It is a great honour to say this, to a very special and humble sportsman:

Every now and again sports give us someone who seemingly have it all. Rafa, you have it all: passion. courage, talent, charisma. When the impact is measured on a global scale and goes beyond your sport, that individual is rare! He was only 18 when he came into the tennis scene, charismatic, swashbuckling, a genius. He did his charge and he is one of the greatest show on earth. The teenager, the golden gran slam champion.  One of the most creative tennis players I have ever seen. A magician at work, tennis played by Nadal is art, not sport. They love, they, they, adore him. The way it all happens, it is in, the forehand is somebody's else. A one man spanish exhibition. A hero. A legend. He belongs to a group of tenins players who have changed the image of tennis all around the world. Your achievements speak for themselves, golden grand slam champ, 10 majors, but is it not yet those achievements that makes you special , more so it is the way you do it, you do it with a lot of imagination, lots of skills but most important you do it with all your heart. Such desire, adrenaline and passion. It is an immense pleassure to be your fan. Rafa Nadal, from teenage sensation, to spanish davis cup hero, to golden grand slam champion but to me and you he is and will always be simply Rafa, an incredible man. 

Bravo Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very touching tribute to a Great Champion! Nadal's skill as a tennis professional is only exceeded by his sterling qualities as an individual!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Rafael Nadal has teamed up with Marc Lopez to play doubles at the AEGON Championship.

Vamos Rafa, practise that volley.  :))

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Nadal, Roland Garros 2011 champion!!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dn8wmRJdls[/youtube]
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
two words:  clay god
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
I was just thinking about something.

Rafael Nadal has reached the finals of the last 7 consecutive tournaments he's entered. So has Djokovic, he won all 7 as we know, but his streak has ended.

Does anyone know what are the longest streaks for tournament wins and tournament finals?

Just for fun.  :))

Rafa and Marc Lopez won their opening doubles match yesterday.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
I was just thinking about something.

Rafael Nadal has reached the finals of the last 7 consecutive tournaments he's entered. So has Djokovic, he won all 7 as we know, but his streak has ended.

Does anyone know what are the longest streaks for tournament wins and tournament finals?

Just for fun.  :))

Rafa and Marc Lopez won their opening doubles match yesterday.

i suppose bill tilden or william renshaw holds the record as they would directly enter the final of every tournament back then........