Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 381672 times)

Offline vsty

• Tennis Pro
I was just thinking about something.

Rafael Nadal has reached the finals of the last 7 consecutive tournaments he's entered. So has Djokovic, he won all 7 as we know, but his streak has ended.

Does anyone know what are the longest streaks for tournament wins and tournament finals?

Just for fun.  :))

Rafa and Marc Lopez won their opening doubles match yesterday.

The longest streaks for tournament wins in Open era is jointly held by Nole & Guillermo Vilas (7 wins) & successive tornament finals record is held by Lendl at 18 finals in a row & next is Federer at 17 !! so Rafa is nowhere close at the moment.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
I didn't think Rafa was close.

I just thought wow 7 in a row is really something worth praising.

18 or 17 straight finals is crazy  :)

Offline vsty

• Tennis Pro
I didn't think Rafa was close.

I just thought wow 7 in a row is really something worth praising.

18 or 17 straight finals is crazy  :)

Yes, it is indeed !! I mean Fed when he was at his peak was very good on all surfaces so he could reach these many finals. But, I don't think any current player is so good across all surfaces to reach every final Rafa & Novak included. Truly unbelievable !!  :)

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Nadal will play Radek Stepanek in the 3rd round of Queens. Interestingly, Nadal hasn't played Stepanek since 2005.

A good chance to practise some of his amazing passing shots.  :))

Offline vsty

• Tennis Pro
Nadal will play Radek Stepanek in the 3rd round of Queens. Interestingly, Nadal hasn't played Stepanek since 2005.

Strange isn't it ?? Stepanek could be tricky opponent on grass with his serve & volley & net-rushing. Did u see the match fan the court at Queens looks really quick what is your take?

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool

Look at those meaty thigh muscles!!!!!!!!!!

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro

Strange isn't it ?? Stepanek could be tricky opponent on grass with his serve & volley & net-rushing. Did u see the match fan the court at Queens looks really quick what is your take?

I watched the first set and half of second. I think Rafa played alright, considering this quick transition from clay to grass. About the court, I think these grass courts always seem really fast after clay. It didn't strike me as anything out of the ordinary, then again I wasn't that focused.

Nadal tried some things. He surprised me by coming to the net and I even saw a forehand drop shot. Don't think I've seen one in Roland Garros. Stepanek could be tricky, but he cannot upset Rafa. Rafa adapts too quickly.  :))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 05:00:29 PM by fan »

Offline sarju04

• Tennis Addict

Rafael Nadal has reached the finals of the last 7 consecutive tournaments he's entered. So has Djokovic, he won all 7 as we know, but his streak has ended.

Does anyone know what are the longest streaks for tournament wins and tournament finals?

The longest streaks for tournament wins in Open era is jointly held by Nole & Guillermo Vilas (7 wins) & successive tornament finals record is held by Lendl at 18 finals in a row & next is Federer at 17 !! so Rafa is nowhere close at the moment.

That is like the sissiest HI FIVE I have ever seen.................

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

and theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ass scratch...

just piss off from here........out!
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline vsty

• Tennis Pro

That is like the sissiest HI FIVE I have ever seen.................

Sarju if u don't hav anything positive to say about Rafa then pl stay away from this topic as this topic is exclusively dedicated to Rafa by his fans.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Better?

And another one before Rafa hits his classic backhand.  :)

Offline Yiyo

• Tennis Addict
  • GLADIATOR: THE KING OF CLAY

and theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ass scratch...

just piss off from here........out!

Hey shank, didn't you you still posted here. I just dropped by and wanted to say hi to everyone in the Rafa thread  ;-()
"In the last game, I didn't see nothing. The true, I wasn't see nothing, no?" Nadal about the 2008 Wimbledon final

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Just a couple or three good rounds in singles and doubles here at Queens will put him in a good position for Wimby! Just needs to fine tune the backhand and stuff. I am not following the Queens event; if anyone can (Shank or Fan) objectively tell me about the way his backhand is shaping up, that would be useful. I am still fearing that his level is nowhere near his 08' form  :(

GO RAFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
I said exactly that Falcon in a Quarter Finals run here would be perfect, that'll mean good time on the grass, fine tune his game and find his feet back on the grass and not taking too much physical or mental energy out of him as he's going to be pretty low on both right now and will need every bit of them come Wimbledon. Rafa for sure isn't at his 2008 level but that was an unbelievable golden summer for Rafa and as long as he goes into round 1 at Wimbledon feeling pretty fresh and very healthy he's going to be 1 hell of a tough nut to crack by anybody at SW19 :) His backhand isn't looking as good as it should be right now, he's snapping at it a bit much for me and looking to hit through it too hard and putting a few too many balls into the net. He needs to look at getting a little more spin and margin for error on that side this week and early Wimbledon and the backhand should be looking up then. I still worry about Rafa's serve though as I have done the past 4-5 months. When its on its soooo tough to come close to breaking him, but when it starts to lose its rhythm he really struggles on his serve then and his 2nd serve looks very shakey.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
He hits nice cross-court winners with his backhand, but he missed like every down the line passing shot he hit.

There was a huge lapse of concentration in the 2nd set. He was up 5:2, then Stepanek won a game and Nadal was serving for the match at 5:3. He was 40:15 up. He made two double faults afterwards (not consecutive) and lost the next 4 games only to lose the set 5:7 .

He's now 2:0 up in the third, I think he's eager to win this.

Some very nice approaches from Rafa, a couple of awesome backhand volleys. In my opinion backhand looks solid enough. A big improvement from Madrid or Rome, as already seen in the last rounds of RG. Still, quite a few mistakes with it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:07:00 PM by fan »

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
I said exactly that Falcon in a Quarter Finals run here would be perfect, that'll mean good time on the grass, fine tune his game and find his feet back on the grass and not taking too much physical or mental energy out of him as he's going to be pretty low on both right now and will need every bit of them come Wimbledon. Rafa for sure isn't at his 2008 level but that was an unbelievable golden summer for Rafa and as long as he goes into round 1 at Wimbledon feeling pretty fresh and very healthy he's going to be 1 hell of a tough nut to crack by anybody at SW19 :) His backhand isn't looking as good as it should be right now, he's snapping at it a bit much for me and looking to hit through it too hard and putting a few too many balls into the net. He needs to look at getting a little more spin and margin for error on that side this week and early Wimbledon and the backhand should be looking up then. I still worry about Rafa's serve though as I have done the past 4-5 months. When its on its soooo tough to come close to breaking him, but when it starts to lose its rhythm he really struggles on his serve then and his 2nd serve looks very shakey.

Thanks Chris for the nice and crisp analysis. I reckon he is not running around to hit from the forehand side as much now but instead looking to hit with the backhand. Yeah serve is also a big concern; didn't cause any problems in RG but wimbledon is going to be difficult to win with just that serve. UFE is another department. This is going to be one interesting wimbledon!  :))

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
He hits nice cross-court winners with his backhand, but he missed like every down the line passing shot he hit.

There was a huge lapse of concentration in the 2nd set. He was up 5:2, then Stepanek won a game and Nadal was serving for the match at 5:3. He was 40:15 up. He made two double faults afterwards (not consecutive) and lost the next 4 games only to lose the set 5:7 .

He's now 2:0 up in the third, I think he's eager to win this.

Some very nice approaches from Rafa, a couple of awesome backhand volleys. In my opinion backhand looks solid enough. A big improvement from Madrid or Rome, as already seen in the last rounds of RG. Still, quite a few mistakes with it.

Good news there already :)  Stepanek  :rofl_2:  The very thought of him makes me laugh

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Come on Rafa, you'll sleep later. Time to finish off Stepanek.  :))

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Nike Tennis is on a mission to create the Longest ¡Vamos Rafa! Chant in the World! They have developed a really cool Facebook application where Rafa's fans can go to show their support for him during the French Open! Help them create the longest ¡Vamos Rafa! Chant in the world at

http://rafachant.niketennis.com

On a side note, Rafael Nadal has reached 7 million fans on Facebook. Quoting:

MUCHAS GRACIAS A TODOS! Ya somos 7 millones!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL! We are now 7 millions!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro