Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 376789 times)

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
It's been a very good first half of the season. I can't wait to see Nadal back in action.  :thumbs-up:

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God

I have a question for Rafa fans. I have just watched the Wimby final again and noticed that Rafa didn't choose to play exclusively with his forehand (stepping around his backhand), like he normally does against most players.  Obviously it has to do with Djokers 2 handed backhand.  Rafa's back hand did cause several errors as well. Did Rafa's backhand use to be better before than it is now? Or is it because of Novak's game has got something that makes it look relatively weak?

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool

I have a question for Rafa fans. I have just watched the Wimby final again and noticed that Rafa didn't choose to play exclusively with his forehand (stepping around his backhand), like he normally does against most players.  Obviously it has to do with Djokers 2 handed backhand.  Rafa's back hand did cause several errors as well. Did Rafa's backhand use to be better before than it is now? Or is it because of Novak's game has got something that makes it look relatively weak?

Its both. i think Rafa's game is definitely not top notch right now...i didn't see any of the trademark banana shot, on the run forehands and DTL backhands either. Nole's game is definitely impacting him...psychologically even more so.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
I can answer the absence of Rafael's 'banana' forehands.. when Novak is smacking the ball to the corners of the court with pace and depth.. Rafael is in 'defense' mode; trying to survive in the point. Currently, Nadal cannot do anything to coax a 'slow, midcourt' ball from Djokovic.. Even when Rafael gets on top in a point, Novak finds a way to turn the tables on the Spaniard.. out-Rafa-ing the 'Bull' himself. I am sure that Rafael, in cahoots with the wily old coyote, Uncle Toni, is working on a master plan to counter the rise of the Serb..  :mad1: :mad1:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

the champ back on court......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Last training before traveling to Montreal. I am excited because we have worked hard to prepare the US summer swing.Rafa

VAMOS!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Nadal has landed in Montreal:

First practise session in Montreal:

Rafa & Roger

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Also great news...

DAVIS CUP
Rafa Nadal has committed to the upcoming Davis Cup semi-final, and has said that he will be ready should captain Albert Costa call on him.

"I feel good physically,"
Rafa said recently.
"So if the captain calls on me, I will not refuse."

Rafa missed Spain's last tie due to a foot injury he sustained at Wimbledon. Spain plays France later this year.

http://www.rafaelnadal.com/content/rafa-lands-montreal
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 06:31:34 AM by fan »

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
A few more pics...

Rafa & Novak

Rafa & Juan

VAMOS!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Raf not smiling in the pics with Nole but seems to be quite content in the others.

Despite Nole's recent level of play, I expect Nadal to make a spirited run both in Montreal and NY.  It will be interesting to see if he continues to play his 'A' game or if he tweaks it a bit with some new tactics in a potential final with Nole.  I'm loathe to look that far ahead, but I'd love to see the two of them reach the final in NY.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
they both really mean business at toronto........toronto is so lucky to be graced by these two legends at the peak of their powers........

Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
CONK da ball!!!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
The green suits him.

Serve is important, for sure.  :)

Rafa & Francisco Roig

I'd be happy to be in this crowd.

On the road again.

Vamos.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro

Offline vsty

• Tennis Pro
Rafa lost to Dodig???

I think instead of playing so much doubles throughout the year Rafa should add a 250/500 event before coming to such big events as Montreal. After all Rafa is a rhythm player & a 6 weeks break doesn't give him any. Now, this loss robs him of important preparation for the Open.  :\

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
Rafa lost to Dodig???

I think instead of playing so much doubles throughout the year Rafa should add a 250/500 event before coming to such big events as Montreal. After all Rafa is a rhythm player & a 6 weeks break doesn't give him any. Now, this loss robs him of important preparation for the Open.  :\
Dodig played out of his mind. Rafa did nothing wrong. I'm sensing that after W all top players are rusty and there some other hungry guys out there .

Offline sid

• Tennis God
Rafa lost to Dodig???

Dodig played out of his mind. Rafa did nothing wrong. I'm sensing that after W all top players are rusty and there some other hungry guys out there .

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sandwich+recipes&view=detail&id=E182BB7586806BE77C80D8D30BA465DD8F12EB14&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

Offline williamchung7

• Tennis God
Rafa lost to Dodig???

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sandwich+recipes&view=detail&id=E182BB7586806BE77C80D8D30BA465DD8F12EB14&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

Seriously, I am hungry!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro

Don't worry Rafa, it happens. It will be better in Cincinnati.  :)

VAMOS!

Offline foaquin

• Tennis Pro
hope it will