Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 390894 times)

Offline vsty

• Tennis Pro
Rafa lost to Dodig???

I think instead of playing so much doubles throughout the year Rafa should add a 250/500 event before coming to such big events as Montreal. After all Rafa is a rhythm player & a 6 weeks break doesn't give him any. Now, this loss robs him of important preparation for the Open.  :\
Dodig played out of his mind. Rafa did nothing wrong. I'm sensing that after W all top players are rusty and there some other hungry guys out there .

Didn't actually watch the match but heard Rafa was 3-0 up in 2nd set & serving for match at 5-3 & still lost so one can't say Rafa did nothing wrong I guess.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Rafa lost to Dodig???

I think instead of playing so much doubles throughout the year Rafa should add a 250/500 event before coming to such big events as Montreal. After all Rafa is a rhythm player & a 6 weeks break doesn't give him any. Now, this loss robs him of important preparation for the Open.  :\
Dodig played out of his mind. Rafa did nothing wrong. I'm sensing that after W all top players are rusty and there some other hungry guys out there .

Didn't actually watch the match but heard Rafa was 3-0 up in 2nd set & serving for match at 5-3 & still lost so one can't say Rafa did nothing wrong I guess.

Most definitely. When you're up a set, 3:2 with a break in the second, 3:0 with a break in the third and 5:3 serving for the match and lose the match you must have done something wrong.

Still Dodig played a really good match, didn't give up and his serving was really really good. The last point of the match, huge backhand winner, was a risk for him and it paid off. He deserved it.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Rafa from Facebook:

Hi all ! The defeat of yesterday was hard. I believe that I did not play a bad match, but in the moments that it would have to won I did not do it well and Dodig yes.
Tomorrow I will start the training sessions in Cincinati trying to improve.
Thanks for
Your support.

Offline John Mcenroe

• Tennis God
Rafa from Facebook:

Hi all ! The defeat of yesterday was hard. I believe that I did not play a bad match, but in the moments that it would have to won I did not do it well and Dodig yes.
Tomorrow I will start the training sessions in Cincinnati trying to improve.
Thanks for
Your support.

I hope he gets back on track again in Cincinnati.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Rafa riding a bike.  :)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:56:28 AM by fan »

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Spanish players watching a football match.

I think the draw for Cincinnati shouldn't worry Rafa fans too much, but Mardy Fish might be some real trouble in the 4th round. This guy always goes crazy on this HC American swing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:33:00 AM by fan »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Fish is on fire as of late, but I surely wouldn't wager a penny on him in a match v. Raf.....on any surface!

I'm looking for a raging bull to hit the courts in NYC and make a serious run for another slam.  A few good matches in Cinncy and a couple of days rest should do the trick.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline vsty

• Tennis Pro
Fish is on fire as of late, but I surely wouldn't wager a penny on him in a match v. Raf.....on any surface!

I'm looking for a raging bull to hit the courts in NYC and make a serious run for another slam.  A few good matches in Cinncy and a couple of days rest should do the trick.
://

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
^^^
+100
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
I think at this point in the season, Nadal will be extremely motivated to finish strong.  One of his admirable traits is the burning desire to improve and play his best all the time.  I'm hoping for another Nole v. Nadal final at the Open to see if Raf can get the job done against his newest rival.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
a strong response will surely come from rafa if they meet at the us open, even if its on his worst surface and djokovic's best.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Rafa wrote this on Facebook and added this picture.  :rofl_2:

After two weeks in North America I have won a match! with my partner Marc López!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Good victory for Rafa. I also like the outfit and Nadal seems confident enough. He said he trained really good and I think he's getting back into his rhythm. VAMOS!

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
i liked the us open surface when it was all green.......

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God

really? when i watch old matches at the us open i always think how hard it is to see the ball. plus i think the different colors adds a little more personality.

as for rafa's outfit, im not to keen on the yellow on white. but his shoes are awesome.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Nadal To Model For Armani

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal is set to follow in the footsteps of football stars David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo by modeling for Italian designer Giorgio Armani.

It was announced by the fashion house on Friday that the 24-year-old Spaniard will be the global testimonial for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans for the spring/summer 2011 collections. The first campaign to feature Nadal will launch in February.

The Spaniard is currently preparing for the 2011 ATP World Tour season and next week will join forces with Roger Federer for two special exhibition matches in Zurich and Madrid to benefit the Roger Federer Foundation and the Rafa Nadal Foundation. (Watch the Nadal-Federer exhibitions live.)

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2010/12/Other/Nadal-To-Model-For-Armani.aspx

Folks, I could not possibly overlook these photographs.. Noting the female fans on this forum, these pictures must provoke some interest  :whistle:

*All credit to the original uploaders*
Rafa is HOT!!

Offline Avatar

• Tennis God
^ I'm still waiting for a side view of him in briefs...  :ice cream: :innocent:

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God

really? when i watch old matches at the us open i always think how hard it is to see the ball. plus i think the different colors adds a little more personality.

as for rafa's outfit, im not to keen on the yellow on white. but his shoes are awesome.

the dark blue and green combo seems very contrasting and it also feels like that combo's been there for ages now........yes it was slightly difficult to spot the ball in the old videos with poor quality but these days the videos are of high quality so i guess no such issues would arise.......

even the australian open changed its surface but they cleverly din't make the mistake of opting for two entirely different colours.......

we should just forget about rafa's outfits, they seem to get worse year by year.......

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Today we had to get up early!! There werent many people at tournament. It has been a different experience. Now I have practice with Denis Kudla. I'll play my match at 11 am!!! :)