Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 395476 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
fan, i heard the commentators say that he burnt his right hand fingers in cincinnatti and hence those straps on those two fingers? what's the story?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
fan, i heard the commentators say that he burnt his right hand fingers in cincinnatti and hence those straps on those two fingers? what's the story?
...reaching for a hot plate full of waffles....
or something like that.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
All I know is he touched some hot plate in a restaurant or something along those lines. I hope it doesn't bother him too much.

Nadal marches on with 7:6 6:1 7:5 victory over David Nalbandian. Nadal still hasn't dropped a set during the tournament, even though his opponents already served for a set on various occasions.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
That post match interview was tough to watch.

:(
CONK da ball!!!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
The match against Roddick was brutal. I want Rafa to keep it up.  :))

After the handshake Roddick said Good luck, Rafa.  That was cool of him.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
when nadal hits his forehand like that, nobody stands in the way.......
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Powerful display from Rafa as he dismissed Andy Murray with 6:4 6:2 3:6 6:2

The chances of winning the title are quite good, Nadal seems to be in superb form.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
Another great Slam run for Rafa.
I only caught the last 2 sets, but found myself urging him on.
I thought for sure it would go 5 sets and his chances for winning would rise.  Not this time.  It was sad to see him look so deflated at the handshake.  No reason to bow down, he gave it his best as usual.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline tonaiden

• Tennis God
I thought for sure it would go 5 sets and his chances for winning would rise.  Not this time.  It was sad to see him look so deflated at the handshake.  No reason to bow down, he gave it his best as usual.

Couldnt agree more mt, after the tie break I thought that he was going to win. But really the trophy its an excuse, rafa´s spirit its just something else, as the commentator was saying (in spanish), rafa is the only one who could have fight like that, getting the third set after all the situations like he was up a break in the first and second set, the fact that novak was really beating him. I dont know if nole will keep this level, but im sure rafa will keep that attitude.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool

Couldnt agree more mt, after the tie break I thought that he was going to win. But really the trophy its an excuse, rafa´s spirit its just something else, as the commentator was saying (in spanish), rafa is the only one who could have fight like that, getting the third set after all the situations like he was up a break in the first and second set, the fact that novak was really beating him. I dont know if nole will keep this level, but im sure rafa will keep that attitude.

I like this statement  :)

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Nadal is about done. His cheating and time-wasting tactics are fooling no one.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool

You are in the wrong thread...this is the "Vamos Rafa" thread not the bash Rafa thread. Sorry.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro

You are in the wrong thread...this is the "Vamos Rafa" thread not the bash Rafa thread. Sorry.

Maybe someone should make one of those too, so this guy will have space to let go of his frustrations.  :rofl_2:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Maybe someone should make one of those too, so this guy will have space to let go of his frustrations.  :rofl_2:

Yeah, apparently Nadull only gets his "Magical" poewrs on clay.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool

Yeah, apparently Nadull only gets his "Magical" poewrs on clay.

And this is after winning slams across all surfaces? You must be sleeping man....this is not 2007...and what is with the name calling eh? Nadal is the spelling, I think SdG will be the appropriate poster to get you out of here.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:59:24 PM by falcon »

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Rafa in Tokyo, Japan during his first match.

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Rafa in Shanghai...

Vamos!

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
I just wanted to post these words of Rafa. It's great to see him still recognizing the positives of this season and not rue the lost opportunities. The important thing is to stay focused and aim for nothing less than a title in Shanghai.

"I believe Rafa 2010 had something more special than Rafa 2011, especially in tough situations.

"Winning or losing depends on very, very, very small things," expanded Nadal, who finished runner-up to Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon and US Open finals. "And probably these very, very small things I did a little bit better in 2010 than 2011. It is hard to win big matches. I lost a lot of finals this year. This year I lost 7 out of 10."

Nadal did not agree with Andy Murray’s assessment that the level of the men’s game had gone up another notch this season, instead suggesting that he and Roger Federer had not been as good as in previous years, and therefore were unable to keep pace with World No. 1 Novak Djokovic. "I don’t think the level has been better than 2010 or 2009. I think it has been similar," said the Mallorcan. "For my part and Roger's part a little bit worse for the moment.

"I played worse than last year. I was very consistent, probably even more consistent than last year, but I played a little bit worse, I think. I think Roger played well, but he lost a few matches that in the past he never would have lost."

As is his wont, the 25-year-old Nadal is embracing the new challenge and, instead of concerning himself with the defeats he has suffered this season, is already thinking about how he can make the small improvements needed to return to the top of the South African Airways 2011 ATP Rankings.

"If you are not improving every year more and more, your chances are less," said Nadal. "Don't forget this is my seventh year on the tour being Top 2. That's happened because, first thing, I was in perfect conditions mentally all these years, but second thing because I always try to improve and play better and better. That's the goal and that's what I have to keep doing if I want to keep being here for long time.

"This is not one of the most demanding moments of the mental part for myself because I am happy about how I am doing," he explained. "I understand everything is a transition, everything is a part of your career. You cannot expect to play perfect every time. I did very well this year, not perfect. That's why I lost a few important matches. I understand that maybe that can be positive for the future or negative. You never know.

"The only thing that is going through my mind now is I have enough illusion to keep practising hard, enough motivation to keep trying my best and to keep finding solutions to be a better player for next year.

"Djokovic this year already won a lot of tournaments, three Grand Slams, he didn't lose matches. I don't believe that he changed his game unbelievably. He did a few small things better than a few years ago and that's why his big success this year. That's what I am going to try."

Offline fan

• Tennis Pro
Embrace the extra time off and get ready for Paris.

Online ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
Nadal Withdraws From BNP Paribas Masters

World No. 2 Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from the BNP Paribas Masters next week. The ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament will be headlined by Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Roger Federer, with three singles spots up for grabs at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals.

"It's been a difficult decision to take, but I understand that it is what I need to do right now to prepare well for the end of this season and also for 2012," said Nadal, who reached the 2009 final (l. to Nalbandian). "I hope I can be back in 2012 to that great event in the most beautiful city in the world, and hopefully try to win it once day."

Nadal is replaced in the main draw by Russian Dmitry Tursunov.

The Spaniard will next compete at the season finale in London from 20-27 November.
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.