Author Topic: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post match-reviews, pictures,articles, videos etc. about Nadal)  (Read 395794 times)

Offline mav140

• Tennis God
News update on Nadal..He went on to spanish media to say that he is in fact still suffering from the knee.. So, even though he pulled out of Austrlian Open due to some stomach virus or something, truth now comes to light! he is still injured and not fully recovered!! Too bad for Nadal, but I think this is without a doubt something we had in our minds and Nadal just came out and say it:"Pain doesn't let me do certain movements on my knee, but I am hoping this pain will eventually go away"http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/noticias/tenis-nadal-admite-que-todav%C3%ADa-le-duele-rodilla-185859689.htmlThe article is in spanish... for those who speak some...He went on to say: " I don't know if I will ever play at the same level, and right now it is not even in my mind. If the knee stops hurting, I don't see why I shouldn't play at a high level on clay"So, this brings out the alarms of every Rafa fan... I am really sad he has endured this kind of injurie, but due to his style of play, everybody saw this coming eventually. Now, it is Rafa himself who is coming out and saying he is not fully fit and that his knee still hurts...Too bad for Nadal, but the real question is: Is this the end of Rafa's tennis career? or will he bounce back? Considering he has been off tour for more than 7 months I see this as a critical signal that he might be heading to the end of his days in a tennis court! Anyway, let's see how he manages to come back at Chile and see if he has recovered somewhat. Anyway, he did a lot with what he had and he should be proud, although I would love to see him completely recovered, this just tells me that is not going to be the case....Will this be the end of the Top 4 and see only a Top 3 race??

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
You guys might enjoy this.

!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
As you said, we'll just have to see how he plays at Chile to get a good view of his level of play and see if he can reach that top level again. Unfortunately, he doesn't exactly face great competition there or in Brazil. We'll have to wait until Acapulco and, more importantly, Indian Wells to get a real reading on what he can do. It is nice to see him taking a more knee-friendly path for once. Only two hard court tournaments all the way through to Wimbledon, and very understandable as to why he refused to skip those. I'm interested to see what he does about the USO and its hard court heavy lead-up.

Also, it's interesting that he ditched his usual Queen's Club Wimbledon practice and opted for the Garry Weber Open instead. Looking for a match with Federer, maybe?

Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year! :D

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
Full Brasil Open Final against Nalbandian in HD:

Nadal vs Nalbandian ● Brasil Open 2013 (Sao Paulo) FINAL ● Full Match HD

I haven't watched it yet (still buffering), but I hear that he looked to be in really good form in this final. Acapulco's next, so we'll get a really good reading there on what he can do since there's more stiff competition than the other two!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Nice interview with Mr. Nadal, the matador:

Nadal interview

Offline G. Jones

• New Poster
Nadal To Model For Armani

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal is set to follow in the footsteps of football stars David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo by modeling for Italian designer Giorgio Armani.

It was announced by the fashion house on Friday that the 24-year-old Spaniard will be the global testimonial for Emporio Armani Underwear and Armani Jeans for the spring/summer 2011 collections. The first campaign to feature Nadal will launch in February.

The Spaniard is currently preparing for the 2011 ATP World Tour season and next week will join forces with Roger Federer for two special exhibition matches in Zurich and Madrid to benefit the Roger Federer Foundation and the Rafa Nadal Foundation. (Watch the Nadal-Federer exhibitions live.)

OH. I wish i can be there to watch this.. haha.aha ha.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
Rafa is the FIRST to qualify for WTF this year!

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
WTF ????  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:  :)~

Congrats to rafa.... few months back,who would've thought, of all the players, rafa would qualify first ?? :)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
He's straight up annihilating the race. 9 tourneys, 9 finals, 7 titles. One of those titles being the French. He's had an unbelievable return to the tour.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
Finally happy with the clay warrior?

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
negative. I need to see improvements in the following areas:

1. return of serve
2. the volley
3. fitness
4. the backhand: the topspin backhand and not the pathetic slice.

modern game has damn near no use for the slice except to get out of trouble or to block back a rocket serve that you cant take a full cut on.

I just started a cool nadal thread. check it out.

:)) :))

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
I didn't have high hopes  :)~

The only one I can agree with you on is his slice. His return of serve is very efficient. He usually returns north of 95% of his opponents' serves, even against the likes of Isner and Raonic. Plus, he hits return winners every now and then that'll drop anyone's jaw. His volley is highly underrated due to his rare use of it. He usually only goes to the net to finish points. But every now and then he gets there earlier than usual and shows some pretty incredible touch. He's usually north of 80% in net points won. Fitness......I can't really imagine how you could point that out as a weakness of his game. I mean, I know you think that he's rather lacking in fitness since his return, but if you watch highlights from IW and onward, I think you'll end up doubting that assumption. I love his top spin backhand. It's pretty fierce and he hits more 90+ BHs than most. His slice definitely does leave something to be desired, though. And his serve. I never understood why he ditched his 2010 service motion and went back to his old motion. Though he has seemed to be serving more aggressively in the last month or two. It'll be interesting to see what he does with his serve on the grass.

I did check it out. I don't think you'll be pleased with my reply  :)~ It might be a little delusional! But what can I say, I've got faith in our clay warrior! I also dug the picture. It made me chuckle  :))

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
cd will be happy with the clay warrior only when he wins 100 matches in a row  :)~ :rofl_2: :rofl_2:
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
cd will be happy with the clay warrior only when he wins 100 matches in a row  :)~ :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Psh, that's no problem. What's he at right now? 20 or so? Add Wimbledon, a couple Masters tourneys, the USO, then the Australian (he's going to complete the calendar year GS, or at least what most consider should be counted as a calendar year GS), and that puts him at around 50 or 60. Then he just has to win IW and Miami, because he's a shoe-in for the clay season afterward. He's definitely gonna bag those 100 wins in a row! I'm calling it. If he doesn't, I'll pull an Alex and walk around the whole country buck naked!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God

Offline mtt

• Tennis Addict
I'll pull an Alex and walk around the whole country buck naked!
You undressed yet  ?

Offline Rafa816

• Tennis God
I was obviously joking  :)) Though I must say, I never in my wildest dreams saw that loss coming  :(

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Here's a video of Nadal when younger:   :king:

Young Nadal's Will To Win!!!